PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Navy Identification Numbers?

Minigiant
04-08-2012, 19:46
With my Imperial guard mechanised army i have followed the forgeworlds identification numbers system of; first number being company, second being squad and third being unit. I was wondering if anything like this applies to the imperial navy?

chromedog
04-08-2012, 23:22
They'd generally have a squadron marking and NAVY. The smaller craft belong to the NAVY itself and not to individual ships - even though they may never serve aboard a different vessel.

Lord Zarkov
05-08-2012, 13:17
Naval attack craft like Fury Interceptors and Star Hawk Bombers might well have the ship the belong to on as they come under the command of the ship's captain and are effectively one of it's weapon systems. Ground attack craft probably not though as, like the guard, they're simply being transported rather than part of the ship itself.

IIRC Thunderbolts also used to be Naval attack craft before the Fury was brought in, so they could well have a ship's markings.

AlphariusOmegon20
07-08-2012, 20:06
I'd look at US Navy planes, such as the F/A 18 Hornet, as inspiration for what you markings may need to look like.