PDA

View Full Version : Rippler bugs from starship troopers

Hlokk
07-05-2006, 20:25
Release thing here:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/miniature/detail.php?qsID=883#

I like them, their certainly better than some of the cack Mongoose has churned out lately

they woild also make very nice alternative gargoyle models.

KingNic
07-05-2006, 20:37
Wow. Just wow. I think this is the first time that I've seen a mongoose miniature and been gobsmacked. Those are stunning.

Brimstone
07-05-2006, 21:45
they woild also make very nice alternative gargoyle models.

Well they are 30p each more expensive than gargoyles but they are plastic so that's an advantage.

Nice models though, easily close to the Warriors which I like a lot.

Charax
07-05-2006, 21:49
I love the Mega-swarms - I'm thinking of getting the Warrior one and greenstuffing on some armour to make Guard Bugs. Ripplers never really appealed to me but you never know.

Any other SST plastics we might see Megaswarms for?

N0-1_H3r3
07-05-2006, 22:24
I love the Mega-swarms - I'm thinking of getting the Warrior one and greenstuffing on some armour to make Guard Bugs. Ripplers never really appealed to me but you never know.

Any other SST plastics we might see Megaswarms for?
Well, the only other plastics they do (aside from the Tanker) are the Blisters/Blasters (one sprue, two possible unit types) and the Hoppers, though the larger, more varied Ripplers serve a similar purpose to the Hoppers. I'd imagine that one or other of those sets might get the Mega Swarm treatment.

my_name_is_tudor
07-05-2006, 22:54
I think these, converted to look a bit more like the harridan - more dragon shaped, and with membranous wings - with two pairs of arms backswept with scything talons, and the other pair bracing an 'underslung' gun (whichever it is a gargoyle has.. I can't remember), would be brilliant as Tyranid Gargoyles.. say, using the new forgeworld Tyranid Warrior wings.

These, and the latest Tyranid stuff, all make me want to make a flying 'nids army.

something like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/my_name_is_tudor/Concepts/gargoyle.gif