PDA

View Full Version : A question about the new allies rule?

Xanthian
06-08-2012, 13:30
I got to have a glance at the new rulebook to day when i popped in to the local GW and had some question but they were so busy in their with battles and other customer i thought id just ask here :)

i was reading about how we can now take allies with our armies am i right in thinking i could in theory take a full army :-

2x HQ
3x Elites
6x Troops
3x Fast Attack
3x Heavy

Plus the allies:-
1x HQ
1x Elites
2x Troops
1x Fast Attack
1x Heavy

or do the allies deduct away from the total number allowed?
not that i would as couldnt afford the models :)

Latro_
06-08-2012, 13:43
They are pretty much regarded as a separate detachment so don't eat up your normal army slots.

Note however a HQ and 1 troop is mandatory for your allied detachment. So you'd have to have

1 HQ, 2 Troops
1 Allied HQ, 1 Allied Troops

Then select the rest of the force.

Xanthian
06-08-2012, 13:59
ah thank you for clearing that up :0

grey knights rock
06-08-2012, 14:51
I haven't read the new rules yet, but I am assuming you cannot ally with the same army to have an expanded force organization chart.

Ambience 327
06-08-2012, 15:21
That is correct - the Allied detachment must come from a separate army list. In addition, there are rules for multiple detachments at a certain points threshold - and both the main detachment and the allies detachment for those multiple detachments must be chosen from the same army lists as the first set of main/ally detachments. No Space Marines + Space Wolves + Eldar + Dark Eldar or anything crazy like that. Two army lists is the maximum allowed according to the ways the allies and detachment rules work.

DEADMARSH
06-08-2012, 15:57
Xanthian, there's also a table and accompanying rules for how well the two allies get along, so to speak. Some powers translate benefits across the allies divide, some don't, etc.

Xanthian
06-08-2012, 20:24
Xanthian, there's also a table and accompanying rules for how well the two allies get along, so to speak. Some powers translate benefits across the allies divide, some don't, etc.

yeh i saw the table showing who are battle bro's etc was very helpfull, i need to buy the book as soon as i get paid :)