PDA

View Full Version : Chapter Colours?

Xanthian
06-08-2012, 20:21
quick question, Say i take dark angels as my army i buy all the bits i want, use the dark angels codex but i paint them the colours i want not the dark green and cream cloth say i choose Red and blue (not that i ever would) could i use them as dark angels in a GW Game?

Thommy H
06-08-2012, 20:49
Yep. It's even suggested in the section of the Codex on choosing your army - as long as everything is chosen from the same book and it's clear what everything (and everyone) counts as, there's no problem.

Xanthian
06-08-2012, 21:28
Yep. It's even suggested in the section of the Codex on choosing your army - as long as everything is chosen from the same book and it's clear what everything (and everyone) counts as, there's no problem.

Ah good, what about allies can they look the same too? well similar colours but may something to differ them from the main force?

Radium
06-08-2012, 21:32
Of course! As long as it's clear what's what it's all good.

Thommy H
06-08-2012, 23:14
Ah good, what about allies can they look the same too?

Absolutely - as long as everything is legal "on paper" and all your units are sufficiently differentiated so they don't confuse your opponent (i.e. you're not using Space Marines to represent both Dark Angels and Imperial Guardsmen) there's no problem. For example, 6th Edition allows me to run my Dark Angels as a mix of units from Codex: DA (for my Deathwing and Ravenwing) and Codex: SM (for my battle company elements). That way, I get access to some of the more updated rules and points costs, while still retaining the unique units and even include some of the newer Space Marine units, if I choose to. In terms of painting, modelling and background, everything in the army is still "Dark Angels", I'm just mixing the rules using allies.