PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Bastion conversion help

Warmaster_John
08-08-2012, 23:38
I'm looking to convert a Bastion, but I need the rough dimensions to try to make it as close as possible. Also, the length of the different Aegis Defence line pieces would be nice. Help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

The_Klobb_Maniac
09-08-2012, 00:18
Love to help, but in order to give you conversion ideas we.. have to know what army you want to convert for. I assume chaos (due to your pics an such)

If that's the case (this is not sarcastic):
-Add spikes/skulls/heads/skellies, etc. Best use the LR or Rhino sprues
-Add sort of.. tusk like things going up the side (think of oblivion)
-Add the standard dragon mouths to any weapons.
-Look at Dawn of War (the PC game; the first one) for some more inspiration on colors/design. Black legion tends to look good on their stuff.
-Depending on your alligience you may add god-like morphisms to it: Khorne would just look more brutal (saws, torture devices maybe?), Slaanesh make it (again not sarcastic) essentially beautiful but in an archaic nigh un-understandable way (remember, "the god of excess". Excels in beauty, music, etc.. but in a way that only makes sense to chaos.) Nurgle is easy. Just make it rusty, add blotches of "goo" that has nurgle signs in it. tzeentch you'll add mouths, eyes, faces, and other greenstuffed morphisms of organic life. Consider things that make it seem almost like liquid (so "waves" of greenstuff as if a drop hit a puddle rippling up the tower maybe.)

etc..

AlphariusOmegon20
09-08-2012, 09:53
If you're converting the Aegis line for Chaos, the simplest thing you can do to convert it is use the daemonic plates that come in the Chaos vehicle kits. 3 will fit in the space between the "walls"

Chem-Dog
09-08-2012, 10:15
Guys, I think the OP wants to scratch-build one, as he/she is asking for dimensions.

My Club has a couple of them, If nobody comes up with the goods by the time I manage to get up there, I'll let you know. :)

DJElam
09-08-2012, 13:03
The imperial Bastion is a hair over 7ins tall and 5 and 1/2ins wide, The defence line is 5 and 1/8ins long for the big 1, 2ins for the short, they are both 7/8ins wide and 1 and 1/2ins tall. I hope that helps.

chromedog
09-08-2012, 17:48
There ARE card templates for the bastion around on the nets (board rules do not permit me to tell you where.)
They are full sized templates - and these would be a good start to anyone contemplating converting one.

Warmaster_John
09-08-2012, 20:50
Thanks for the help everyone. This is exactly what I need :) And now to find those templates, for, um... reference. Yeah, that's it ;)
Thanks again.