PDA

View Full Version : ASF + Nightshroud vs ASF

The Clairvoyant
09-08-2012, 10:44
OK, here's the scenario:

Vampire has Quickblood (grants ASF) and is wearing the Nightshroud (give opponent ASL).
Opponent also has ASF (lets say he's a goblin with the ASF sword)

The two ways I can think of in terms of putting these combos together are this:

1) ASF(vampire) vs ASF(goblin) cancels out. Neither player gets rerolls, fight in initative order. Goblin then gets ASL(nightshroud)

2) ASF(goblin) vs ASL(Nightshoud) cancels out. Vampire gets benefit of ASF rerolls and striking first.

Or is this one of those situations where the player whose turn it is chooses the order the rules are applied?

LiddellHart
09-08-2012, 12:12
I would say option 2.

When two opponents both have asf, they are not canceled: both apply but they strike simultaneously. Option 1 must therefore be wrong.

The rules under asl specifically mention that asf and asl on the same model cancel each other out. This leaves only the vampires asf to be applied.

The Clairvoyant
09-08-2012, 12:15
I would say option 2.

When two opponents both have asf, they are not canceled: both apply but they strike simultaneously. Option 1 must therefore be wrong.

The rules under asl specifically mention that asf and asl on the same model cancel each other out. This leaves only the vampires asf to be applied.

Thanks. I had a quick read of the rulebook at lunch and came to pretty much the same conclusion and then forgot to close the thread. Good to have confirmation though :)

Munin
09-08-2012, 12:24
To add, when both have ASF it doesn't actually cancel eachother out, both fight at the same time but w/o rerolls.

But option 2 is the correct.

T10
09-08-2012, 14:01
If a model has one or more instances of ASF (e.g. from a special rule, a magic weapon and a spell) these do not stack and are cancelled out by even a single instance of ASL (e.g from the Night Shroud).

-T10

NitrosOkay
10-08-2012, 03:16
A Vampire with the Nightshroud will go first against anything that doesn't also give the Vampire ASL.