PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knight allies deep striking

Dwarf Longbeard
09-08-2012, 20:14
Hi all I haven't been able to find a proper answer to this yet

Basically an opponent of mine who does Blood Angels has decided he's going to take some Grey Knight allies, (Grand Master - 5 Paladins and 2 squads of 5 Terminators) now he thinks that he'll be able to deep strike them all in without scattering because of the Scouts locator beacon.

With Grey Knights only being an Allies of Convenience with Blood Angels I thought that this wouldn't be allowed but he's determined to stick with saying that they can use it because it doesn't say anywhere in the book that they can't so I'm just wondering is this true or have I missed something?

Damocles8
09-08-2012, 20:45
You're correct, it's not allowed as Allies of Convenience are treated as enemy models with exceptions noted in the rulebook.

Shouldn't this be in the Rules section?

Baneboss
09-08-2012, 20:59
he's determined to stick with saying that they can use it because it doesn't say anywhere in the book that they can't

He is right. It doesnt say anywhere that i cant put a Baneblade for 50 points in my list so i always do it.

/sarcasm off

Sorry, but it must be written in order to be able to do it. In this case you cant use it on enemy models.

logan054
09-08-2012, 21:15
Hi all I haven't been able to find a proper answer to this yet

The book does give you the answer, it says you treat them as enemy models that can't shoot, charge, etc, locator beacons only target friendly models.

Dwarf Longbeard
09-08-2012, 21:55
Thanks for the answers everyone, that's proven it for me the difficult part is getting him to understand that now, he's a bit of a power gamer and seems to stick with anything which gives him a major benefit.
I do love the sarcasm bit about the 50 point Baneblade :)

On a side note is anyone else getting sick of how difficult it seems to be to kill a Terminator marine?

Baneboss
09-08-2012, 22:02
Thanks for the answers everyone, that's proven it for me the difficult part is getting him to understand that now, he's a bit of a power gamer

Thats not power gaming. Sadly, thats just cheating. Where i come from - Poland - we have lots and lots of power gamers (which is proven time and time again on European Team Championships) but written rules are holy to us.

TheDoctor
10-08-2012, 06:12
On a side note is anyone else getting sick of how difficult it seems to be to kill a Terminator marine?

Not really, because Doom+Harlequins+lots of Shuriken and poison. And of course, getting lucky and getting a 3 on the divination table.

BigHammer
10-08-2012, 14:07

Hahahaha, D-Cannons. Fire Prisms. Nope, termies still have plenty of very effective (as in, "where did my 200pt+ 5 man unit just go?" effective) counters ;)

Sexiest_hero
10-08-2012, 16:51
"Thanks for the answers everyone, that's proven it for me the difficult part is getting him to understand that now, he's a bit of a power gamer and seems to stick with anything which gives him a major benefit." Don't play him. You dont have to be bullied into a game against a cheater.

Konovalev
10-08-2012, 17:11
Why doesn't he just take a servo skull or two? They're trivially inexpensive and do more than a scout locator beacon.

Von Wibble
11-08-2012, 12:24
Or he could take a seer in an inquisitorial retinue.

totgeboren
11-08-2012, 13:12
Funny thing, if he uses a Strike Squad and casts Warp Quake, he would prevent the scouts locator beacon from working too (with 12" of the strike squad that is).

Dwarf Longbeard
11-08-2012, 16:06
Thanks for the replies, it does look like he's trying to cheat, he didn't like it when I suggested that as allies of convenience are treated as enemies then that means I get to use his locator beacon as well :)

Or he could take a seer in an inquisitorial retinue.
Normally that would be a good idea but unless it's in terminator armour he doesn't consider it worth in my last game he took a Deathwing army against my Eldar and I ended up in close combat against a 5 man assault squad and Belial, I lost 41 models :( - 20 guardians - 20 Banshees and Asurman, none of them could get through the armour.