PDA

View Full Version : When did Nagash stop being playable in WFB?

TomsDad
10-08-2012, 09:59
Sorry I'm way behind the times here, I used to play Fantasy way back 3-4th ed. (ish) but since have stuck with 40k. Anyway thought I'd get back into it and I brought the latest army books for VC and TK's.

I remember Nagash from ages ago but he's dropped as being used on the TT at some point?

Anyway I'm catching up on the background so I can see he's been going back and forth a bit, but I was wonderering which edition was the last that had him in as a unit/character to be used?

Apologies if this has been hashed over before, but when I searched I could only find fluff discussion.

Cheers

TD

Fear Ghoul
10-08-2012, 10:34
Nagash was only a playable character in the 4th edition Undead book. After that GW decided that there was more money to be had focussing on Vampires and Mummies rather than Necromancers and Liches, so he was dropped when the book split happened in 5th edition. There is still hope that Forge may release a Storm of Magic or campaign book featuring him in the future.

TomsDad
10-08-2012, 11:12
Cheers!

+3 characters of your choice

ftayl5
10-08-2012, 12:44
When they made the model for him :p

IcedCrow
10-08-2012, 13:01
Well technically he was playable for much of 5th. The Vampire Counts book that split the undead up didn't happen until the end of 5th edition (and then the VC got a new 6th ed book shortly after 6th edition, which caused a lot of outrage as their 5th ed book was basically still new)

Confessor_Atol
10-08-2012, 15:18
Long live the clown-skeleton!

TomsDad
10-08-2012, 15:28
Long live the clown-skeleton!

heh, or maybe he's just standing a lot closer to you than all the other models

mbh1127
10-08-2012, 15:45
When they made the model for him :p

beat me to it

Bazzal
10-08-2012, 23:21
I find he makes a very nice unit filler and my latest use for him is a hierotitan for tomb kngs just added some scales to his staff :-) no model is ever not used in warhammer

Shadowfane
11-08-2012, 11:59
Nagash has NEVER been playable....

Pennywise the undead clown, on the other hand....

Artinam
11-08-2012, 12:01
How were his rules? Was he a monster in combat one of the most powerful mages in combat, or possibly both?

Crube
11-08-2012, 12:55
I vaguely recall him being an incredibly powerful caster, but with stats just under those of a Greater Daemon...

This was the era of Hero Hammer though...

I do remember the old Thursday games night at the Derby store where I was working, and the arguements when 4 people turned up with Nagash and wanting to play him in the same game!

Purplebeard
11-08-2012, 18:14
Yep - the long-gone glory days of Herohammer. <sigh>

Maybe GW got it right though by removing the Demigod-level characters. Leaving them as 'legends' within the game world is more appropriate to my mind, though to be fair, there weren't really many in the first place.

logan054
11-08-2012, 18:56
I'm sure he had some silly sword as well, so long ago.... give me a khorne lord with the helm of many eyes and executioners axe any day :D

Drasanil
11-08-2012, 20:17
One of my favourites was Dark Elf General with Destroyer, Golden Crown/Black Amulet (depending on what I was up against) and Crown of Sorcery. Blood expensive, but all you had to do was walk up and start stealing items and spells :)

Casablanca Cat
11-08-2012, 22:13
In my gaming group all battles came down to which character would kill each other first... Nagash vs Greater Deamon of Khorne, Nagash vs Orion etc.

RealMikeBob
11-08-2012, 22:42
I happen to have the 4th ed undead book right here, and Nagash was pretty insane. Melee combat monster, 7s and 6s for nearly all his stats, with a decent suit of magic armour and a great sword, plus a level 5 wizard. Powerful, but then most characters were back then.

Bodysnatcher
12-08-2012, 15:46
One of my favourites was Dark Elf General with Destroyer, Golden Crown/Black Amulet (depending on what I was up against) and Crown of Sorcery. Blood expensive, but all you had to do was walk up and start stealing items and spells :)

Chaos Lord of khorne with helm of many eyes, runeshield and sword of change. That was a blender on a stick if there ever was one.

King Arthur
13-08-2012, 15:36
Oh nasty I can imagine his crown being uba powerful like mag res (3) and 2++ against magic and killing evreone but Sigmar himself after reading the book.

White_13oy
14-08-2012, 06:32
I'd like to hear the modeling ideas.

Nagash is the king of all Skeletons, so he needs a pointy hat of skulls, on top of his skull head, holding a staff made of skulls, with some skulls on top of the shaft, then there will be a bird on top with a skull for a head, skull skull skull, skullss..s.s.skulls.s.s.

I'm just gonna leave this here...
Long live Bobo the clown.