PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper companys

Minigiant
10-08-2012, 11:15
Hello everyone

Im wanting to add some units of stormtroopers to my Imperial guard force and i would like them to be part of a stormtrroper company rather than an elite unit of my force e.g Kasrkin. What i would like to know is would these troops be supplied with the same camoflauge as the force they are to fight alongside or would they bring there own surplus with them.

Im asking this because my force currently fits into all the background and wanted these to fit also. So do i

1) Paint them in the same scheme as the rest of my force

2) Paint them in there own scheme but still making sure they look like they fit

Hicks
10-08-2012, 18:38
Well they would bring their own gear, but it's pretty sure that there camo would be selected to fit the mission they have to accomplish. So it's plenty possible they would have the same colors as the rest of your army, unless you IG is bright orange or something.

Lord Damocles
10-08-2012, 18:53
With the Guard, the answer to just about any question ever is, 'depends'.

Sometimes they'll probably stick with their own kit in appropriate colours/patterns, and sometimes they might pick up kit from the units they're fighting alongside. GW's painted examples of Storm Troopers (black, green, desert, jungle) have always been in slightly different cammo to their other Guardsmen, but we don't know if they're supposed to be fighting alongside the narrow selection of Studio armies, or if they're more abstract examples.

I'd do them in similar, bit distinct, colours/cammo to illustrate that they're from a different formation.

Goshawk
10-08-2012, 18:57

Sometimes they'll probably stick with their own kit in appropriate colours/patterns, and sometimes they might pick up kit from the units they're fighting alongside. GW's painted examples of Storm Troopers (black, green, desert, jungle) have always been in slightly different cammo to their other Guardsmen, but we don't know if they're supposed to be fighting alongside the narrow selection of Studio armies, or if they're more abstract examples.

I'd do them in similar, bit distinct, colours/cammo to illustrate that they're from a different formation.

This is the real answer to your question.

But it also has a lot to do with how you want them to be. All the Storm Trooper Squads I own are painted all black like they are a special forces unit. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Spyrle
11-08-2012, 00:50

I agree, if your basic troopers have just a two tone uniform, the Stormtroopers should have a full camoflage one to represent thier eliteness.

I painted mine in a dark blue/grey urban pattern with gold visors that looks quite nice.

hashrat
11-08-2012, 00:59
Mine have the same scheme as the rest of my Guard, I relied on their red goggles and the red lines from the power pack to the Hellgun to set them apart. Worked fine, they stand out as different, but look like part of my army too.

Tanks are all the same colour, so are my APC's, Flyers is where I get to have some fun, paint them whatever colour I happen to feel like painting them.

agurus1
11-08-2012, 03:18
Hmmm for actual storm troopers I would go with black fatigues and armour just cause it automatically gets the intention of a commando/special forces team. Also as storm troopers are trained centrally like commissars (black again) it ties them together a bit to, and separates the storm troopers from your regular joes.

For my Vostroyans I simply added backpacks with guitar wire leading to the guns and painted the cloth purple, counted them as Lofe Wards for my general

Stormtrooper Clark
11-08-2012, 03:40
Didn't the, uhm, 3rd Edition codex have a picture of Stormtroopers (models) on Armageddon sharing a very similar (tan) scheme with the Steel Legion?

I'd personally paint them the "base" colour of your regiment without any of the fancy extra patterns and such. It helps them to stand-out by themselves whilst not looking like somebody lobbed a rainbow into the middle of your army.

VilleVicious
11-08-2012, 16:48
I've always thought that the plates on carapace armour can be easily painted to suit the terrain they are deployed. S you could try something like this:
1) Pick a single colour for the BDUs under the plates (black, Navy blue, green, khaki, tan, ...), the thing is to be subdued but distinct from your basic troopers
2) Paint the plated parts to fit your over all theme, maybe borrow the camo from your vehicles to blend in with your other troops or try to make a camo that blends to your basing scheme / table even better than the camo you're using for your regulars to emphasize their top level training.