PDA

View Full Version : amazing saves

slirgy
10-08-2012, 20:04
hi i was thinking of an truly unkillable model and would it be possible to have a model with a 2++ armour, ward and regen save?

NitrosOkay
10-08-2012, 20:54
Good luck with that.

Tyrion has a 1+ armour, 4+ ward, 4+ regen.

Archaon has a 1+ armour, 3+ ward can't be wounded on better than a 3+.

That's about as good as it gets.

grumbaki
10-08-2012, 20:58
Unkillable dreadlord is as good as it gets.

1+ AS, inverse wardsave (usually a 2+, your ward is equal to the attacker's strength, with a 6 always failing and a 1 always succeeding), and regen if you are afraid of losing the ward.

My favorite setup would be this: Dreadlord, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, cold one, shield (1+ AS), Pendant of Khaleth (inverse ward save), Crown of Command (stubborn, so he won't break from combat and get run down), hero-bane (+1 attack and strength per enemy hero in combat with him). You don't get the regeneration, but the stubborn is more worthwhile to his safety.

Lord Inquisitor
10-08-2012, 21:07
My friend is honing a vicious Warrior of Chaos list. I played against it the other day found myself with my main caster dead and he had a unit of 10 or so knights. I was looking at casting fireball at his knights (nothing else in arc) and realised that even if I did cast it, they would get a 2+ armour save (S4 against 1+ armour) and a 2++ ward save (4++ ward from a warshrine, +1 for Tzeentch, +1 for MR1). Wow.

With regard to Archaeon vs the unkillable Dreadlord, Archaeon is tougher against low strength attacks and is much less vulnerable to snipe spells and low strength killing blow, but slightly less good against cannonballs and other high strength attacks, plus has look out sir issues.

gorblud
10-08-2012, 21:08
Dwarf lords are pretty durable aswell, 1+ rerollable armour save, 4+ ward and can only be attacked by max str 5, which gives him 3+ rerollable armour save

Jagosaja
10-08-2012, 21:14
Well, take High Elven Prince, give him Vambraces of Defence, Armour of Caledor and Potion of Toughness. That is 2+ rerollable armor save, 4+ Ward save and +3 toughness for one round.

Or take one version of unkillable Dwarf Lords - Master Rune of Spite (4+ Ward), Rune of Resistance (reroll armor saves), Master Rune of Steel (attacks against bearer have max strength 5), give him shield and put him on Shieldbearers for 1+ armour.

Damn, got ninja'd :)

Graxy
10-08-2012, 21:15
No real point in regen on top of the ward save, since the only thing making the ward save worse would be the other tricksters shard, and since that can only be taken once per army and many armies don't even field it, the regen (normally worth around 50pts) isn't worth it. I'd probably say the closest would either be a dreadlord or a tzeenth chaos lord.

Tzeentch Lord
MoT
Talisman of preservation (with MoT, this becomes a 3+ ward)
Crown of command / Crimson armour of Darkhan (Depends on whether we're going for hardest to kill or most useful. Crown for useful, armour for unkillable)
Disc / Barded steed (Again, dependant on whether we're going for usefull or unkillable, disc for useful, steed for unkillable)
Shield

Going straight for unkillable, thats T5, 1+AS 3+ward and immune to KB and multi wounds w
For the useful set, that's still T5 2+AS 3+ ward stubborn

EDIT: Jesus christ, I got triple Ninja'd :eek:

amazingdev2005
10-08-2012, 21:44
I vote for the Dwarf Lord. Insane defensive potential. A Dwarf Lord tooled correctly practically screams "You shall not pass!" Of course, you can just ignore the slow fella in most scenarios.

reddevil18
10-08-2012, 22:41
I go with tzeench lord as well
chaos lord on barded steed with tricksters helm and talisman of preservation and mark of tzeench makes for:
Reroll all successful wounds against his T5, a 1+ armor save and a 3+ ward save

ftayl5
10-08-2012, 22:44
Most certainly the unkillable dreadlord.
S3 = 2+ save and a '3 or less ward' (essentially a 4+)
S4 = 2+ save and a 3+ ward
S5 = 3+ save 2+ ward
S6 = 4+ save 2+ ward
and etc

Very very hard to kill.