PDA

View Full Version : Extra crew / beasts on a chariot

Crube
10-08-2012, 19:23
Right, I know I'm probably being very very dense here, but I've been searching for over an hour and can't find the answer....

In the O&G book, you have the option to add an extra crew and/or an extra wolf to a Gobbo Wolf chariot.

Why?

What do they do?

heeeeeeeeeelllllppppp :D

theunwantedbeing
10-08-2012, 19:28
Each crew/thing pulling it gets to fight.

So +1 crew means +1 attack from the crew (and +1 shot if they have bows!)
Same deal with the mounts (although they tend to be unable to shoot).

Crube
10-08-2012, 19:53
Oh, so that simple huh!

Kind of feel a bit daft now, but I can't find where is states it that's all.....

theunwantedbeing
10-08-2012, 20:04
It doesn't specifically state it anywhere, it's a given thing.

A chariot has 2 crew usually, when you buy an extra crew you have 3 crew.
3 crew get 3 attacks in close combat, rather than 2.

Crube
10-08-2012, 20:19
Ah... common sense....

Not usually GW's strongest suit :D

Scalebug
12-08-2012, 16:43
Ah... common sense....

Not usually GW's strongest suit :D

Honestly, when the rules tells you what the crew and animals does, attacking and shooting, and then you get the option to add another crewman or animal, is it really GW that is failing "common sense" when you don't get how to resolve it? :p

(What is lacking here though is a ruling on how you go about adding that third wolf, not that is really worth it, to a charit, regarding the base size... It can be guessed that it is simply there to grandfather in old models (Grom or really ancient ones from the 80's), but do you keep the 50mm frontage of a chariot, or do you go to 75mm? )

T10
13-08-2012, 08:23
(What is lacking here though is a ruling on how you go about adding that third wolf, not that is really worth it, to a charit, regarding the base size... It can be guessed that it is simply there to grandfather in old models (Grom or really ancient ones from the 80's), but do you keep the 50mm frontage of a chariot, or do you go to 75mm? )

Yes, I can see how this deserves to be in the rule book. :trolleyes:

-T10