PDA

View Full Version : GW production facilities?

Avian
10-08-2012, 21:44
GW has a facility in Lenton, right? Where else? Is there any place that starts with 'Sou'?

The rumoured release schedule has some code that might indicate production site, with the different ones listed being Len_A, Len_B, Len_C, Sou_A and XianD.

Inquisitor Kallus
10-08-2012, 21:48
Theres one in Memphis, or at least there was one. Could that be south America?

Crube
10-08-2012, 22:33
Memphis is in Tenessee in the USA....

Lord Logsdon
10-08-2012, 22:39

Though some of us in Tennessee would gladly trade it to a neighboring state. :p

Inquisitor Kallus
10-08-2012, 22:42

I know that, I have a friend who lives there. Could that be South America is in regards to the Sou_A

Lord Logsdon
10-08-2012, 22:43
I know that, I have a friend who lives there. Could that be South America is in regards to the Sou_A

No because USA is in North America, not South America. It might mean Southern America but I doubt that's the case.

Avian
10-08-2012, 22:59
Presumably it's the name of a city and not a continent. Otherwise it would presumably say 'Eur_A' and not 'Len_A'. And the last letter is probably the subsection of the facility.

GomezAddams
10-08-2012, 23:49
They have a facility in Memphis from what it says on the website, and theres a place (showing on google maps when you google Memphis) called Southaven there so... yeah. I guess thats what it means - its a town rather then a city.

Inquisitor Kallus
11-08-2012, 00:23
I know technically it is not South America but it is often referred to as the South, though the southaven may be a better fit

Tarax
11-08-2012, 07:49
Southampton?

But as Xian is a province in China, it's probably also a province/county/state somewhere else. (Though Xian could also be a city somewhere.) If so, it could be South-Dakota, South Africa.

gunmnky
11-08-2012, 07:59
If you follow the Len_* coding, it's a city and plant number. So it would no be South America. Maybe Seoul? Xian is definitely Chinese. You'd have to run a query for all cities that start with Sou, then check anything similar, like Seoul.

shelfunit.
11-08-2012, 09:06
South Balitimore? Didn't they have something in Maryland once?

blongbling
11-08-2012, 17:47
There is one production facility in Lenton, not three. The is one production facility in Memphis. Not sure if they have started to open more facilities in new locations but as they recently closed the Chinese facility I would find it unlikely that they would open more.

Chaos and Evil
11-08-2012, 19:11
they recently closed the Chinese facility I would find it unlikely that they would open more.
They do still outsource some production to China however.

Damien 1427
12-08-2012, 16:43
They do still outsource some production to China however.

I was under the impression that was just printing, rather than anything else?

Harwammer
12-08-2012, 17:45
Presumably it's the name of a city and not a continent. Otherwise it would presumably say 'Eur_A' and not 'Len_A'. And the last letter is probably the subsection of the facility.

You know what us brits are like, It'd surely say something like 'Eng_A' or 'GBr_A' rather than 'Eur_A'!

There is one production facility in Lenton, not three. The is one production facility in Memphis. Not sure if they have started to open more facilities in new locations but as they recently closed the Chinese facility I would find it unlikely that they would open more.

Well, depends what you mean by facility. GW have the facility to do metal, plastic and 'resin' (amongst other things). I'm sure there are other reasons to explain the codes too.

Oh and if you go to Lenton, there's a few different buildings. And Eurohub down the road. Don't know if you could argue they are 'production facilities' (for the sake of labelling at least).

darius-god-of-biscuits
12-08-2012, 17:46
Lenton, Memphis and Shanghai

See GW overview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=cUUYvTnB6eshis,

Sgt John Keel
12-08-2012, 19:01
I was under the impression that was just printing, rather than anything else?

I haven't looked at anything recently, but from memory things like basing kits, non-sprued terrain, movement trays and some tools and accessories may in some cases be made in China.

Harwammer
12-08-2012, 19:06
Fallen giant template, maybe?

selfconstrukt
13-08-2012, 02:44
Gw had manufacturing in Lenton and Memphis, the Shanghai facility was closed a while back.

GW does still send printing jobs to China, but no miniature or model manufacturing.

As near as I've been able to find out, Memphis makes primarily plastics and some metal for Direct sales. AFAIK they have not started manufacturing Finecast yet, but I was told they plan to.

If the release schedule you are referring to is the one the BOLS had up I find it strange that the number codes before the description do not follow standard GW numbering.

For example, the entry for "280000211440200 Sisters of Battle Seraphim / Patronica Squad PL a14 Len_A 02 cc" Sisters of battle codes start with the 4 digit product code, determining if it is plastic/metal/hybrid etc then the individual product code. For sisters there would be XXXX01080XXXX. The code in the front does not make sense.

Unless GW completely redid their entire coding system recently, but I haven't noticed that reflected on their website.