PDA

View Full Version : Aeronautica Imperial Guard Support Weapon Platforms

agurus1
10-08-2012, 22:59
So is anyone thinking about taking these? They are cheap and with camo-cloaks for some durability can make their points back early with Interceptor. Planning on dismounting my Hydra's from the chimera Chassis and getting some stationary platforms for them!!! lol Also Guards ability to ally with almost anyone makes this a cheap way to get some AA into other armies. Thoughts? I'm not really considering the Missile Variant personally because the lack of Interceptor makes them only viable against flyers so kinda meh despite the AP2.

tiger g
24-08-2012, 01:21
But I am going to use some saber weapons batteries.

Surprise there is not any discussion by the non tournament players on these.

Mini77
24-08-2012, 01:49
I've been using the Hyperios Defence Platforms in my Blood Angel army recently and they've performed pretty well. I run a no-vehicle list so these still fit with the theme.

Private_SeeD
24-08-2012, 02:52
My list currently has either two Mortis pattern Contemptors or 1 Storm Eagle with dual twin-linked lascannons and just the 1 Mortis pattern Contemptor depending on my mood. I haven't come across anyone using the platforms yet but I don't play that much :p

agurus1
24-08-2012, 19:32
I've used the Hydra Platforms in three games so far, and they are pretty good at stripping hull points from vehicles coming in from reserve, or even hurting deep striking squads that could hurt my vehicles or infantry (IE: stormtroopers, scourges, ect...) And they are still good against regular units thanks to interceptor, stick them in cover with camo cloaks and they become pretty resilient too :)

I have purchased some hyperios platforms but haven't used them yet cause I haven't finished my marines, but I think they could fill in the anti-air void in my army. Just the low ROF makes me feel "ehhh" about them but should be fine. Just think its funny they gave them "Heatseeking" special rule, while also equipping each platform with a "Twin-Linked Hyperios Launcher"

I would like to know competitive players views of the new units, in particular the Sabre Platforms, which I have been looking at just for the spot lights!!!!!!!!! Bye-bye night fighting!

hobojebus
24-08-2012, 21:07
I've already got a land raider so i'm looking at the helios conversion kit, the Hbolter and command cuppola are both lose so i can easily mount it to give my wolves some AA, also considering a hyperios whirlwind.

agurus1
25-08-2012, 01:03
the only thing for me about the whirlwind variant is that for less points you can get the static defenses, with more of those precious AA shots for less points. The Land Raider Helios might be a good choice though depending on what you want to stick inside, maybe a CC character with some honor guard?

Caitsidhe
12-11-2012, 21:35
But I am going to use some saber weapons batteries.

Surprise there is not any discussion by the non tournament players on these.

I'm surprised there isn't any discussion of them by tournament players. They are excellent.

agurus1
12-11-2012, 21:58
Yeah the Saber weapons batteries are awesome, especially with that spot light upgrade! But how does Scout work with immobile units?