PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor Czevak Themed Army Questions...

La'mour Le Breton
11-08-2012, 06:18
This is gonna sound dumb but bare with me. I'm trying to make an army loosely based on the inquisitor czevak novel Atlas Infernal using the grey knights codex, but with no grey knights... I just want the option of using the inquisitor lord as HQ with a daemon host and henchmen, with salvar chem dogs providing the bulk of the troops counting as inquisitorial stormtroopers (i figure they've had a chance to loot the best of the best in wargear), but unfortunatly stormtroopers are no longer a part of the grey knights codex...
Does anyone have any advice as to what codex I could use? I've thought of just including grey knights and have imperial guard as allies to fill out the salvar chem dogs (and ignore the fact that the grey knights were trying to kill czevak in the book). I'm thinking that probably my best bet but its been a while since I built an army so I would love some advice from an experienced gamer.

Radium
11-08-2012, 06:23
You could still use the GK codex, just take Inquisitorial Henchmen with Warrior Acolytes with Hot-shot lasguns and carapace armour as your storm troopers.

La'mour Le Breton
11-08-2012, 06:28
But what about the troops requirement? I'm trying not to use grey knights at all. I was thinking of using the witch hunters codex, but I think they phased it out with some WD lame sisters of battle stop gap.

I think I might just do a pure salvar chem dogs army using the imperial guard codex, Lots of commissars, vet squads (loot heavy) and penal legion troopers of course lol, with stormtroopers being adeptus arbites overseers.

Radium
11-08-2012, 06:32
You can use Coteaz as he makes the henchmen troops. Maybe count him as a hardened guard commander or Czevak's personal bodyguard?

La'mour Le Breton
11-08-2012, 06:41
I figured there was a loop hole! Thanks, I kept skipping over the special characters, I could just have him count as czevak, or just have him be some random inquisitor allied with czevak at the time. Now I just have to figure a way to make it competitive and i'm set...

bossfearless
11-08-2012, 07:10
Coteaz armies are pretty competitive already. You can use them to spam out henchmen units with lots of special weapons and great transports for very low cost. Unfortunately trying to make the units' equipment "fluffy" will completely rob it of its competitive edge by upping the points well beyond the point of being economical. But with allies, you can just bring in some IG allies to represent your IG from your fluff. Use a squad of stormtroopers for the actual stormtroopers, and kit out whatever else as other stuff.