PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & Goblins Army 2,400 Points

TheSustainableCenter
12-08-2012, 19:41
So I have been playing O&G for about 4 months now and played nothing else as I bought this army to get back into fantasy. I did not want to take the game seriously, so this faction was the perfect choice! However, as I'm working on my Bret's I find myself having to use O&G for a purpose that their not really suited for, reliability. I play them in local tournaments and local games with friends that are competitive and there so damn unreliable. On top of that my luck is terrible. So after dozens of games I've crafted a list that minimize's animosity, but still packs the mighty punch of the army. Looking for feedback.

Great Orc Shaman w/ Dispell Scroll and Tailsmen of Endurance (General)
Black Orc BSB w/ Banner of Discipline
Black Orc Big Boss w/ Shield, Crown of Command, Luckstone

35 Night Goblins w/ Nets and Spears
40 Savage Big Un's with Standard, Extra Hand Weapon
30 Black Orcs w/ Standard
Squig Herd w/ 36 Squig and 14 Herder's
2 Goblin Wolf Chariots
4 Spear Chukka's
2 Doom Diver's
2 Rock Lobba's

2,399 Points

Crown Big Boss go with Savages to make them stubborn in horde formation. He also negates anamosity.
Took Black Orc BSB in bunker with Shaman and Goblins since anamosity is a problem for this unit and a BSB with discipline standard is required.
Only 30 balck orcs since they go into bus formation to take out monsters, steam tanks, knights, etc...hopefully can be steadfast as well.
Squig herd is in horde formation and just needs to bit the bullet on anamosity. But there so killy and cost effective that I can't not take them.
Everything else should be straighforward.

Thoughts?

immortal git
12-08-2012, 21:03
Lots of points in warmachines but if you find that works then go for it, those 470 points could get you a lot. I've found trolls to be a nice unit, i use 6 3x2, 210 points of pure gold.

Just my opinion

TheSustainableCenter
13-08-2012, 00:46
I've used trolls before with no success. They need to be babysat for stupidity. They are also underwhelming in close combat for me as well.

SimaoSegunda
13-08-2012, 19:04
As the Savage Orcs are probably one of your main combat units, it might be worth splashing out on a SO Shaman with the LSH, to boost their ward save. Or even give it to the General in place of his current ward? You'd be surprised how quickly it makes it's points back, effectively paying for itself once you've saved 4 SOs.

TheSustainableCenter
13-08-2012, 19:14
I traditionally run with the shrunken head, but I thought I would try a list without one. But now my store is onto 2500 so I'll be posting that list up now, which has the 5+ ward in there.

Dirty Mac
13-08-2012, 21:35
Hi mate, It's funny that you are posting here , because I just found your YT channel 2 days ago. I know what you mean about bad luck with Animosity after watching that fight against Dark Elves.

But , Like I said on your video, I think you need to Split your hordes in half or trim down on your hordes a bit and only run them 6 wide and go for ranks.
Animosity is just something you have to deal with, and I think you are gonna have to get over it, I have a friend who is in the same boat as you. Played O&G for 6 months, Animosity just bends him over if you know what I mean. I play DE and WoC and have seen him try a lot of different things in the list, Firstly your NG's should be bigger , try 40 of them, and they should be your tar pit. His NG's are always the last unit to break, always steadfast, nets always work for him. keeps 2- 3 fanatics in there, he just marches them up and tries to tie units down with them, and it works like a charm. keeps a BSB in there.

I have to go to work, I will type more about this later. good luck.

TheSustainableCenter
13-08-2012, 21:40
Thanks, I'm glad you found my channel, hope your enjoying it! I posted a new 2.5k list on here today since that's what my store now agreed to play at. It runs with crown of command in savages, put's the black orcs in bus formation, and take 41 night goblins. You can find it here:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349712-2-500-Orc-amp-Goblin-Army

Panfuricus
14-08-2012, 15:56
Well, if you're having issues with animosity, maybe going for more black orcs would be a good idea? In my orc and goblins army I focused more so on fanatics, and black orcs as my main weapons.

TheSustainableCenter
14-08-2012, 16:50
The problem is that people always assume you have fanatics, and everyone has a way to draw them out. So they either sit in front of your lines and cause problems or you shoot them away from you and there wasted.

I agree about 1 large unit of black orcs, but not an entire army as there not the best unit in the book, and there not core.