PDA

View Full Version : dark eldar khymera and clawed fiend question

Deon
13-08-2012, 10:45
Hi all, the question is, how bigg are the models
and would it be posselble to use tiranid Hormagaunts for the khymera,
and the tyrand guard for the fiend.
The models from the range are beautiful, but cost way to much imo.

Threeshades
13-08-2012, 11:03
i think those sizes should be about right. Although you will have to put the hormagaunts on 40mm bases and possibly make them just a tad taller.

Max_Killfactor
13-08-2012, 12:16
Hi all, the question is, how bigg are the models
and would it be posselble to use tiranid Hormagaunts for the khymera,
and the tyrand guard for the fiend.

Yes, those would be perfectly fine replacements. Like Threeshades said, just be sure to put the hormagaunts on 40 mm bases.

the1stpip
13-08-2012, 12:27
It can be quite fluffy anyway, they obviously captured some Nid creatures during a raid.

Deon
13-08-2012, 16:03
It can be quite fluffy anyway, they obviously captured some Nid creatures during a raid.

Yep that was the idea i was going for, as i also play nids :D
Thanks for the good advise guys (and or girls haha ;) )

MajorWesJanson
13-08-2012, 17:08
Ripper Swarms from FW make great razorwing swarms as well.

Hovey
13-08-2012, 20:15
I found the pricing to be a bit ridiculous on those models (all though the Khymeria went down when they moved into fine cast)

So I used the old warp beast (ebay rather cheap), moved them onto 40mm bases as mentioned.
I do have one Clawed fiend, but its converted out of a Werebear from some other miniture line.
I use the normal Razorwing, ( the cost was reasonable on them, I thought)

and I actual use old hellion models for Beastmasters, though the easiest fix for that is just use new hellion, GW is insane to think you should pay over $15 a model for a single pose (not very good looking) beastmaster.

I must say, I do like the idea of you using All Tyranids for your beasts though.

Deon
14-08-2012, 17:40
Yeah i have some hellion models (new), that i don't use, so that is no problem.
And a box of hormagaunts is never wasted, i can use al the spare parts haha,
now i am thinking is i would paint them the coulors of my tyranid army, or should i paint them to fit in with my dark eldar
and say that they were converted by them, to make them stronger (5+ward save, and such).
what are your idea's ?

Threeshades
14-08-2012, 17:45
Yeah i have some hellion models (new), that i don't use, so that is no problem.
And a box of hormagaunts is never wasted, i can use al the spare parts haha,
now i am thinking is i would paint them the coulors of my tyranid army, or should i paint them to fit in with my dark eldar
and say that they were converted by them, to make them stronger (5+ward save, and such).
what are your idea's ?

I'm pretty sure the hormagaunt box doesnt have too many spare parts. Onbly just enough arms heads and bodies to make the advertised number of hormagaunts and that's all.

As for colors, I think you can paint them differently from your army since the default beasts also dont seem put of place in the GW studio army despite being their own colors. But I think that is entirely up to your taste.

Squallish
15-08-2012, 10:18
I had a similar idea last year, starting, but never finishing the conversions. However, here's the thread which may inspire you. I simply spliced Horms with Genestealers and an Eldar head (for Wracks).

My plan for Razorwings was Rippers with some old Fury Wings I have.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?300207-Squallish-s-Dark-Eldar-Painting-Blog