additional hand weapons x38

musician, standard bearer

Night Goblins x41

musician, standard bearer

Netters

Gosford
15-08-2012, 02:39
Okay, where to start...

First of all, try not to paste your lists in like that. It's kind of confusing. Take some time and put some love into your posts :)

Remember, a full unit of Black Orcs doesn't test for animosty. Adding an Orc Shaman to the unit will force them to test every turn but with the Quell Animosity rules. Put him elsewhere or run him on foot. You already gave him a Talis of Pres so there is no problem lone wolfing him. A talis of pres on a model in a unit is somewhat of a waste imo. If I ever ward a bunkered shaman I use 5+ or even just a 6+ or regen. Just something to think about. Unless you're running Grimgor, you really don't ever need to put a character in your BO unit. Most enemies are already trying to avoid them and they are there to be your hammer. Slam them into someone and whatever happens happens. BO's take care of themselves.

Why not make the BO Big Boss your BSB and save 59 pts from that Night Goblin BSB. Also, you want to beef your BSB up some. If I find out (or you tell me in a casual game) that he is only rocking a 4+, im going to waste him asap. Give him an enchanted shield and a Warboar for a 1+ and then throw the 4+ ward on him and make me think twice about taking on a 1+/4+ Black Orc with whatever arsenal he chooses. Also, enchanted shield doesn't offer a parry and is always active no matter what weapon you use.

Scrap that lvl 4 Orc shaman, boost your Savage Orc Shaman to a lvl 4, drop that NG Big Boss and BSB your BO Big Boss and take a lvl 2 NG shaman. Little Waaagh has so much utility, it's ridiculous. It's almost silly not to take it.

Fanatics? Take them. At least 2.

Spear Chukkas - drop them. Bolt throwers are so subpar in 8th that you'd be better off putting those points into a few five man wolf rider units for redirection chaff. I know they;re cheap but they're useless once every thing is in combat. Elves have better use for bolt throwers because they are often trying to avoid combat and by whittling you down. Orcs want to get in as fast as orcishly possible.

Champions? Unless you want to refuse or accept any challenge with your characters, invest in some champs. I know some people sear against it, but remember there is a meta game and math hammer can onlt take you so far. If you don't want to take them, that's fine but you definitely need one in your BSB unit.

Hope this helps.

TheSustainableCenter
16-08-2012, 20:53
Thanks for taking the time to write that, really appreciate it!

Here is my new list, I'm gaming with it tonight so I'll report back here tomorrow with the results.

Lvl4 Savage Orc Shaman with Shrunker Head and Crown of Command

Black Orc Big Boss BSB with Enchanted Shield and Tailsmen of Preservation (I cannot put him on a boar as the people I play have cannons and will snipe him)
Lvl 2 Night Goblin Shaman with Dispell Scroll and 6+ Regen

38 Savage Bin Uns with Extra Hand Weapon, musician, standard
34 Night Goblins with nets, spears, musician, standard
5 Wolf Riders

40 Black Orcs with musician, standard, banner of flaming attacks
50 Squig herd with 36 squig, 12 handlers
Wolf Chariot
Wolf Chariot

Doom Diver
Doom Diver

Rock Lobba
Rock Lobba

SimaoSegunda
17-08-2012, 11:15
Remember, a full unit of Black Orcs doesn't test for animosty. Adding an Orc Shaman to the unit will force them to test every turn but with the Quell Animosity rules.

That's not true, actually. See page 32 of the OnG army book "Characters and Animosity". Characters are normally immune to animosity, but if they join a unit that is subject to animosity, they are bound by it's result. Since Black Orcs aren't subject to animosity, then no test is required.

Gosford
17-08-2012, 12:14
That's not true, actually. See page 32 of the OnG army book "Characters and Animosity". Characters are normally immune to animosity, but if they join a unit that is subject to animosity, they are bound by it's result. Since Black Orcs aren't subject to animosity, then no test is required.

Good call. /derp

Black Orc Big Boss BSB with Enchanted Shield and Tailsmen of Preservation (I cannot put him on a boar as the people I play have cannons and will snipe him)

You can join him to a unit even thought he is on a boar. He will lose the boar movement and move at 4 but will still gain the +2 to armour save and boar attacks (including tuskar charge!)

Because 20x50mm bases don't match up properly with 25mm, you will have to add him using the rules of characters with different base sizes. But at least this way the unit will take the wounds unless a sniper rule comes into play.

frest
20-08-2012, 02:24
You can join him to a unit even thought he is on a boar. He will lose the boar movement and move at 4 but will still gain the +2 to armour save and boar attacks (including tuskar charge!)

Because 20x50mm bases don't match up properly with 25mm, you will have to add him using the rules of characters with different base sizes. But at least this way the unit will take the wounds unless a sniper rule comes into play.The issue is that a cavalry character can't get a look-out-sir! roll from infantry. So a cannonball will hit him, probably wound him, and if he fails that 4++ he's toast.