PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of Chaos question

Valden
14-08-2012, 18:07
I have always assumed -and been told by members of my gaming group- that a WoC character can only join a unit if that unit has the same mark as him. I cannot find any justification for this in the army book, and wonder if this is actually a rule, or I am just expecting to find it and becoming confused when I don't? Thanks

White_13oy
14-08-2012, 18:55
That was the old rule I believe, and maybe in the Daemon army book.

Odin
14-08-2012, 18:57
That rule does not exist in the current WoC army book.

TornadoCreator
16-08-2012, 03:55
That rule existed in the 6th edition book Hordes Of Chaos, but has since been removed however you'll find mixing Marks of Chaos rather inefficient, and most players would find it distasteful as it's clearly breaking the spirit of the marks.

Odin
16-08-2012, 21:25
That rule existed in the 6th edition book Hordes Of Chaos, but has since been removed however you'll find mixing Marks of Chaos rather inefficient, and most players would find it distasteful as it's clearly breaking the spirit of the marks.

In what way inefficient?

The most effective build is with the Mark of Khorne on units (apart from the Tzeentch Deathstar) and Tzeentch on characters.

TornadoCreator
16-08-2012, 21:53
Well characters in units with the Mark of Khorne will be forced to follow along when they move due to Frenzy, effectively forcing the penalties of the mark onto the character without the benefits. I'd also want a Khornite character in a Khorne unit as it'd hit harder in combat, where as I'd want my Tzeentch character away from combat whenever possible so he can be casting spells. Maybe there's a practical benefit in having your Wizard with your hard hitters, but I'm not sure I see it.