PDA

View Full Version : Gameing clubs in glasgow

csmithleo
15-08-2012, 17:55
Hi all I'm very new to 40k only got a cadian battleforce + an extra sentinel and 6 man ratiling squad does anybody know of amuse gaming clubs or beginners nights so that I can get playing In glasgow

Horus Aximand
15-08-2012, 20:56
I've not come across any aside from the GW on Union St I'm afraid, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

csmithleo
15-08-2012, 21:46
No problem I will be going into the shop over the weekend so I will ask around

Wishing
16-08-2012, 13:02
I'm aware of two local gaming clubs in Glasgow that play/have played miniature games, GUGS and G3. I'm not sure whether there is any 40k actively going on in either of them at the moment though, so asking in the GW store is probably your best bet.

Getifa Ubazza
16-08-2012, 13:08
I used to go to a club in Clarkston. It was in a church, just off the main street. Saint something. Sorry can't remember exactly. That was a great club and most Glasgow staff used to go there too.

AndrewGPaul
16-08-2012, 13:16
There's usually some 40k going on at G3. Most of our players pre-arrange their games, so you're unlikely to be able to turn up unannounced and get a game in. However, you're more than welcome to come along, say hello and arrange a game. We're 5 minutes walk from St. George's Cross underground station.

We've got plenty of tables and terrain, and there's been an upsurge in interest since 6th edition came out.

www.g3gamers.co.uk
search for "G3 Gamers" on facebook
enquiries@g3gamers.co.uk

I don't know about GUGS (Glasgow University Gaming Society), but I have heard it's mostly populated by CCG players at the moment. There's also a few other clubs in and around the Glasgow area. There's one in East Kilbride and one in Carfin too, I believe, although I don't have any details. Those latter two also cater to a younger audience.

St Aidan's Warriors is the club Getiffa Ubazza is referring to.

Wishing
16-08-2012, 13:46
Yeah, I've also heard that it's mostly CCGs going on at GUGS these days.

Kijamon
16-08-2012, 16:38
If you can be bothered to travel, the Stirling wargamers club is very good.

Disposable Hero
16-08-2012, 18:39
I spent a great two weeks in Selkirk and they have a gaming club there on Saturdaynights.

A bit away from Glasgow, but still..

kaimarion
16-08-2012, 18:51
If you're every down Ayrshire way there is a wargames club in Irvine: http://www.northayrshirewargamesclub.co.uk/

Bazzal
17-08-2012, 23:35
There's also the paisley hobbits from paisley funny enough, usually meeting in the unverstiy dining area

jtjudge
22-02-2016, 17:58
Oops holy thread resurrection, but google directed me here

Looking for older 40k players in Glasgow ? I've recently got back into this game after a 20year absence! By fluke, on of my colleagues play and a noticed a pic on his phone and now here I am lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk