PDA

View Full Version : GW Pricelists in UK

DailyWaagh
15-08-2012, 23:31
Hi there,

i really would like to know if the GW retailers in the UK do have different pricelists or do all get 45% on the RRP?

CYA

Richard

jack da greenskin
15-08-2012, 23:32
They get 35% off max IIRC - But there's a sliding scale. I believe you need certain things to get that, such as gaming tables etc.

DailyWaagh
15-08-2012, 23:53
In Switzerland the reseller get up to a max of 45% (if they got only a brick and mortar store) and online shop only reseller get about 10% of RRP

so i would like to know if GW is offering different pricelists in different countrys?!

MajorWesJanson
16-08-2012, 02:00
IIRc, there is a fixed scale where stores get graded into levels based on what features the store has (tables, paint, demo games, ect) and what modules the store stocks as well. The discount is based on that level. My FLGS here in the US gets 40% off base, from what I understand.

blongbling
16-08-2012, 11:03
There is a set of European trading terms that covers all EU countries that stipulates the pricing and discounts available

DailyWaagh
17-08-2012, 13:47
hmm ok,

then there is only one pricelist in the uk, with extra discount depanding on the store. But there aren't different pricelists for online stores, brick and mortar stores?

Richard

Sleazy
17-08-2012, 19:05
it depends on if you are bricks n mortar, if you have a gaming board, if customers can actually handle the products and many other factors.

It used to be a set amount off per retailer, last i herd if you tick every box (and GW are v picky about this) its something like 55% off RRP.

DarkLordBelial
17-08-2012, 20:22
Is the discount on the inc. or ex. VAT price?

Sgt John Keel
17-08-2012, 21:40
Is the discount on the inc. or ex. VAT price?

I don't think it makes a difference?

To clarify, the concept of a Value Added tax is that you pay a percentage of the value added by you, i.e. the difference between the value you sold the item for and the value you paid for the item. This means every step of the manufacturing and distribution chain will pay a small amount of the 20 % on the end-user (i.e. the consumer) price.

So, when it's time to pay your taxes to the HMRC, you take 20 % of the price paid for goods and subtract all the VAT you paid to your supplier. Then your supplier does the same, and so on.

The end result is that if you paid your supplier an ex-VAT price (apart from something being wrong on the accounting side), you'll just have to eat that money when it comes to paying your taxes.

As an example:

Let's say you buy a battleforce from GW. You intend to sell this for the full RRP of 120 (yes, this is after next year's price rice). This means that 20—or 20 % of the ex-VAT price—of this price will go to the HMRC.

You bought this from GW at 55 % off. This means you paid them 54 (of which 9 is VAT).

At the end of the year, the tax-man will come a-knocking and ask you for your taxes. You will then give them the 20 off your selling price minus the 9 you paid GW. GW will pay 9 minus whatever VAT they paid on their purchases to make the product.

If GW calculated their price to you from the ex-VAT price, they would get 45. If they sell to you at this price, you'll have paid 0 VAT, and so would not get to subtract the 9 from the 20 at the end of the year, leaving you none the richer. (This is, to the best of my knowledge, not how things are done.)

I suppose they could sell to you at 55 % off the ex-VAT price and take the VAT they will have to pay out of the 45 (=7.5) they would get, leaving you to pay 12.5 and pocketing an extra 7.5, but expressing the discount in that kind of way seems just ridiculously annoying.

Sales tax, on the other hand is levied only at the point of purchase of the end-user.

DarkLordBelial
18-08-2012, 15:04
You're quite right - sorry.

I just did some back of a fag packet calcs and it doesn't make a different.