PDA

View Full Version : Why was this thread closed: Is it time GW updated the rules for Characters on Monster

Doommasters
16-08-2012, 23:01
Can someone give me a reason why this thread has been closed?

Is it time GW updated the rules for Characters on Monsters?

I will give it a day otherwise I will re-create the thread and summarise everyones posts.

Ultimate Life Form
16-08-2012, 23:16
From skimming it I fail to see any flaws in this thread. Also usually when a thread is closed or moved at least some reason is given. Maybe the internet is acting weird again?

However in cases such as these you are advised to seek help at... well, the Helpdesk. Self-administered justice is not taken kindly to by the mods.

Doommasters
16-08-2012, 23:24
From skimming it I fail to see any flaws in this thread. Also usually when a thread is closed or moved at least some reason is given. Maybe the internet is acting weird again?

However in cases such as these you are advised to seek help at... well, the Helpdesk. Self-administered justice is not taken kindly to by the mods.

Cool I will take it up with the help desk, thanks for the reply.

Maoriboy007
17-08-2012, 04:55
from skimming it i fail to see any flaws in this thread. Also usually when a thread is closed or moved at least some reason is given. Maybe the internet is acting weird again?

However in cases such as these you are advised to seek help at... Well, the helpdesk. Self-administered justice is not taken kindly to by the mods.i am da laaaaaaawww!

logan054
17-08-2012, 12:31
Can someone give me a reason why this thread has been closed?

I was wondering that last night lol

Is it time GW updated the rules for Characters on Monsters?

I will give it a day otherwise I will re-create the thread and summarise everyones posts.

Like I said before, the problem isn't so much with the rules of the characters and monsters (hitting everything rather than randomly hitting one or the other doesn't help), its simply cannons are too good at killing these models, be it a dragon rider or a shaggoth, these things should be big and scary and you should only need one in your army, the way warhammer plays you actually need two for the times you do play against cannons so at least one will get across the table.

Haravikk
17-08-2012, 14:07
I found it strange that small cannons got Multiple Wounds (D6) even though all cannons were effectively becoming more accurate; if they had stayed at D3 then I think the Dwarf cannon would still be fine, since it would be incapable of killing a monster outright.
I've been house-ruling a D3" scatter onto cannons, with the shot randomised between monster and character, and it balances cannons very well. However the trend looks to be that they'll stay just as powerful, but become more expensive.