PDA

View Full Version : Number and Nurglings

Cragum
17-08-2012, 12:00
Hiya just a quick question.

I was wondering if anyone on here had got the new nurglings set and I was just wondering how many individual nurglings you can make from the set. If anyone could tell me how many nurglings come on the sprue as a group and then like how ever many numbers together.

Its just that i use nurglings in my skaven army and I need them individually more then in massive pile-on style.

Thanks Muchly

Cragum

Mr. Shine
17-08-2012, 13:01
A very brief Google image search for 'nurgling sprue' turned up these:

You're welcome, but remember Google is always worth a try in future :)

zoggin-eck
17-08-2012, 13:32

Exactly what I was thinking, as I already asked myself the same question (same for Plaguebearer sprues, too)

Cragum
17-08-2012, 17:15

Exactly what I was thinking, as I already asked myself the same question (same for Plaguebearer sprues, too)

Ahhh yeah thanks guys but more i was just wondering about people who have the models already and have seen what the kit is like that if its able to be cut apart to make more. I always find the flat pictures dont let you see how deep the models are...

Ultimate Life Form
17-08-2012, 17:39
Wow, that's one steaming pile of... Nurglings.

Definitely gonna get those.

Urgat
17-08-2012, 17:49
They're so cool. Nurgle is slowly becoming my favourite chaos god...

Cragum
17-08-2012, 18:00

Wow, that's one steaming pile of... Nurglings.

Definitely gonna get those.

They're so cool. Nurgle is slowly becoming my favourite chaos god...

I know i am a big follower of the lord of decay. Im planning on making an army of nurgle based units but are things like bloodletters and screamers.

From what I have gathered from those two images of the sprues I can probably get around 15/16 single base nurglings and then use the others to create group bases... it may work me thinks.

Cap'n Facebeard
18-08-2012, 07:53
You could always use the piles for unit fillers.

snottlebocket
18-08-2012, 20:59
Each base consists of three layers of nurglings. You won't really be able to cut individual nurglings from the layers. They're designed to interact with each other and they're really just solid slabs. There's also seven individual nurglings on the sprue. (some of which are duo's so technically more than seven)

If you want individual nurglings you're better of with the plaguebearer box. It contains 7 individual nurglings and 3 piles of maggots. Some of these nurglings are modeled to be pulling the guts out of the plaguebearers so their pose is a bit awkward without a plaguebearer.

Cragum
18-08-2012, 21:08
Each base consists of three layers of nurglings. You won't really be able to cut individual nurglings from the layers. They're designed to interact with each other and they're really just solid slabs. There's also seven individual nurglings on the sprue. (some of which are duo's so technically more than seven)

If you want individual nurglings you're better of with the plaguebearer box. It contains 7 individual nurglings and 3 piles of maggots. Some of these nurglings are modeled to be pulling the guts out of the plaguebearers so their pose is a bit awkward without a plaguebearer.

This sir is exactly the answer i was looking for! So in total how many would you say I could get filling them up on single bases and then obviously the groups on perhaps the 40mm bases. So I would get presumably 12 models worth of 40mm bases and then say how many from the rest?

snottlebocket
18-08-2012, 21:27
This sir is exactly the answer i was looking for! So in total how many would you say I could get filling them up on single bases and then obviously the groups on perhaps the 40mm bases. So I would get presumably 12 models worth of 40mm bases and then say how many from the rest?

I'm not sure I understand your counting method. You want to put one nurgling to a 40mm page? I took a picture of mine. In the back are the 3 nurgling stands from the set. These consist of 3 layers each (front, back, middle). The layers are intended to be connected, a nurgling in the front row might have his hand grabbing a nurgling in the middle row. So you can't really make more than 3 of those stands out of the parts.

The 3 stands in front are made from the nurglings and maggots from the plaguebearer set. They're slightly larger than the old metal nurglings and I made 3 stands with 4 to 6 nurglings on each. (looks like I was wrong in my previous post, there's considerably more than 7 nurglings on those stands) Anyway depending on how many nurglings you want to a base you can make more or less.

Personally I'd say that plaguebearers are by far the better value set. You get 10 plaguebearers plus at enough nurglings to build at least 3 stands. I'd say you can easily get 5 stands of nurglings from the nurgling box, 3 regular, 2 from the additional nurglings. The regular pile of nurglings does look much better than a normal base but they're so expensive. Personally I'd just pick the plaguebearer set.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2037454/nurglings.jpeg

Cragum
18-08-2012, 21:48
I'm not sure I understand your counting method. You want to put one nurgling to a 40mm page? I took a picture of mine. In the back are the 3 nurgling stands from the set. These consist of 3 layers each (front, back, middle). The layers are intended to be connected, a nurgling in the front row might have his hand grabbing a nurgling in the middle row. So you can't really make more than 3 of those stands out of the parts.

The 3 stands in front are made from the nurglings and maggots from the plaguebearer set. They're slightly larger than the old metal nurglings and I made 3 stands with 4 to 6 nurglings on each. (looks like I was wrong in my previous post, there's considerably more than 7 nurglings on those stands) Anyway depending on how many nurglings you want to a base you can make more or less.

Personally I'd say that plaguebearers are by far the better value set. You get 10 plaguebearers plus at enough nurglings to build at least 3 stands. I'd say you can easily get 5 stands of nurglings from the nurgling box, 3 regular, 2 from the additional nurglings. The regular pile of nurglings does look much better than a normal base but they're so expensive. Personally I'd just pick the plaguebearer set.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2037454/nurglings.jpeg

No i mean the group together on a 40mm and the singular ones on 20mm bases

snottlebocket
18-08-2012, 21:53
No i mean the group together on a 40mm and the singular ones on 20mm bases

Well counting all the individual nurglings + the maggot piles from one plague bearer set and one nurgling set I get to 25. So 1 model to a 20mm base and four 20mm bases to a 40mm base you'd end up with 6 bases of nurglings plus the 3 bases from the actual nurgling for a total of 9 bases.

Cragum
18-08-2012, 21:58
No Im using them as a standard regiment so a nurgling counts as a base. From your picture of the nurglings i feel i could get around 10 or so single 20mm bases worth of nurglings and then using the piles i could make a couple 40mm bases worth so 8 more troops and then give or take a couple more from the other bits. All i will be using is nurgling set as i dont need plaguebearers so that would be wasteful getting that set.

snottlebocket
18-08-2012, 22:06
No Im using them as a standard regiment so a nurgling counts as a base. From your picture of the nurglings i feel i could get around 10 or so single 20mm bases worth of nurglings and then using the piles i could make a couple 40mm bases worth so 8 more troops and then give or take a couple more from the other bits. All i will be using is nurgling set as i dont need plaguebearers so that would be wasteful getting that set.

Well in that case it's simple. The nurgling box contains 3 stands and 7 individuals.

Cragum
18-08-2012, 22:09
Well in that case it's simple. The nurgling box contains 3 stands and 7 individuals.

Im really confused by your numbers and the pictures of the sprues...

RaShondala
19-08-2012, 00:36
I tried to follow this, but I'm totally lost.

They're adorable though! I'ma have to pick some up, though Nurglings are about as combat useful as a small lump of red play dough.

BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE!

zoggin-eck
19-08-2012, 02:54
Im really confused by your numbers and the pictures of the sprues...

This is the hardest thread to follow ever. You just need to take a squiz at the nurgling sprues and plaguebearer sprue pictures, which are readily available, then decide for yourself how many 20mm bases you can make up from each set.

Clearly some can be cut up and converted, while some might have to remain with two or more models per base, or make some 40mm "unit filler" type bases.

mrtn
19-08-2012, 23:38
Did anyone say Nurgling Army (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/mrtnw/Miniatures/Nurglings/?action=view&current=nurglingarmy2.jpg)?

Cragum
19-08-2012, 23:47
Did anyone say Nurgling Army (http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/mrtnw/Miniatures/Nurglings/?action=viewĄt=nurglingarmy2.jpg)?

Yes Sir! Thankyou thats what I am talking about doing with the nurglings. Honestly not quite understanding why peopl are saying this blog is hard to follow. All I have asked is how many 20mm bases worth of models can the nurgling set fill.

zoggin-eck
20-08-2012, 09:44
It's because people have already said how many loose nurglings you get, along with photos confirming it. The rest (that is, how confident you are cutting up the multi-model lumps of nurglings) is up to you.

If you're confident using greenstuff and chopping them up, you may well be able to make more than 50.