PDA

View Full Version : Night Lords are a'calling

Murphey
20-08-2012, 11:01
So, I started playing Chaos back with the 3.5 codex (best codex ever, in my opinion) and I had a pretty fun list that revolved around a Demon Prince with demonic speed, a teleport homer and Icon, and a bunch of deepstriking Rubric Termies and bloodletters. It was a damn fun list that, sadly, got destroyed utterly with the lamentably terrible 4th ed. codex.

Now the the 6th ed codex is on the horizon, I've found myself revisiting much of the background fluff for the different legions, and I have to say that the Night Lords are calling to me pretty strongly. The fact that the legion is comprised of ruthless pragmatists that are prone to visions of the future and deep seated hyper-vigilance resonates with me pretty well.

I am going to have a pretty serious problem with the modelling, as the Night Lords tend to be very demon-light, and all of my chaos models/conversions have always been very mutated.

Overall, I'm pretty excited at the possibility of doing a legion specific army, on that's represented in the rules that is, and here's hoping the newest CSM codex isn't like the last one.

But, hey, at least it's not being written by Matt Ward!

Still Standing
20-08-2012, 15:57
Well you could still use your list. Daemon Princes, check. 4++ Mark of Tzeentch terminators, check. Daemons, check.

Basically you wanted to have another gripe about the current book, right?

Murphey
20-08-2012, 17:01
Well you could still use your list. Daemon Princes, check. 4++ Mark of Tzeentch terminators, check. Daemons, check.

Actually, Night Lords generally don't employ demons to my knowledge, nor do they worship any of the Chaos Gods. Also, I really have a hard time justifying how an army of ultra fast, stealth/terror oriented nihilists got their hands on a group of rubric terminators. Or, for that matter, managed to or wanted to utilize them.

Basically you wanted to have another gripe about the current book, right?

Nope, if I wanted to gripe about the current codex, I'd just make a threat titled , "4th ed. Chaos Codex Sucks!"

I honestly was simply excited about the new codex, and decided to post about my musings since I'm sure other people are having similar thoughts.

Still Standing
20-08-2012, 17:02
My point was there was nothing stopping you using your list with the current book. Ya know, the one you made under that broken book, the 3.5 Ed book?

jubilex
20-08-2012, 17:22
Actually, Night Lords generally don't employ demons to my knowledge, nor do they worship any of the Chaos Gods.
Well, they are known to utilize furies and have close contacts with raptor cults (many raptors were at least once night lords).

I hope so, as I have just painted 30 raptors and 30 furies for a mates night lords!

Thoth62
20-08-2012, 17:52
Still Standing, I think it's too bad that you have so little faith in the Chaos community that you take every comment about the new codex as a complaint.

What Murphey's saying, (and what I agree with 100%) is that he's looking forward to seeing what he can do in the new 6th ed. codex.

No need to be so negative about it.

Vedar
20-08-2012, 18:23
I laugh every time someone bashes CSM 3.5. It had a couple overpowered items but Grey Knights or Space Wolves makes it look pretty tame these days.

I know it is a dead horse, but if you can't comprehend we are tired of playing generic CSM list I'm not sure what else to say.

It would be like removing all but 5 Charaters in the Space Marine Codex and then telling all Space Wolf, Blood Angel, ect ect to all just make your army work with Codex SM.

Lord Damocles
20-08-2012, 18:25
It would be like removing all but 5 Charaters in the Space Marine Codex and then telling all Space Wolf, Blood Angel, ect ect to all just make your army work with Codex SM.
*Approves* :yes:

Aryllon
20-08-2012, 18:28
Can't wait to start a small warband actually, nothing major but a few cool minis and allied plague daemons sounds like a fun painting project :)

Sexiest_hero
20-08-2012, 20:50
I've played since the 3.5 as well. What I dislike about the nightlords is how them and chaos have gone from, we have a legitimate gripe, to "we are all idiots, gun us down in hordes!" I'm a big fan of the "Lord of the night" Nightlords.