PDA

View Full Version : What have you added thanks to 6th

igwarlord
21-08-2012, 13:10
Just curious what some people have added to their lists to make use of 6th edition
So far i added
flamers to make overwatch even more effective and to make aegis defense worthless
Jump packs for Hammer of Wrath quick killyness
and a giant foam hand giving the "finger" for the 6 flyer necron player

Narf
21-08-2012, 13:43
swiftclaws & skyclaws for the extra range for assault and the HoW attacks (always with bikes, occasional with jumppacks)

Guard allies, basic footsloggers to hold my own objectives.

to be honest though i've played 4 games in 6th, 3 of them with my 5th edition army, which was mech wolves, and whilst i dont need the above units, i thought they sounded more fun now, and the fact that i can take allies has meant i have thought about trying them

Going to a LGS tourny in september, 10 swiftclaws and some guard allies in 1500pts, all for the cost of just removing my mech stuff, might as well try it out

Max_Killfactor
21-08-2012, 13:55
Farseer and a unit of rangers as allies for my Dark Eldar.

Also 9 Reaver Jetbikes.

matt_17
21-08-2012, 13:57
Flying daemon... well... more flying daemons than I used to field anyway.

ColShaw
21-08-2012, 14:07
I continue to use exactly the same force I used before. No muss, no fuss, no problem.

Fizzy
21-08-2012, 14:18
I started an army with less vehicles and used less lascannons to get more bullets.

My old dkok army only got an extra heavy mortar and coteaz and some henchmen.

RaShondala
21-08-2012, 15:03
Daemon allies. YAY DAEMONS!

MagicHat
21-08-2012, 15:26
Epistolary... for my next games at least.
My divination librarian is great, throwing more buffs around will be even greater.

Haravikk
21-08-2012, 15:33
So far i added
flamers to make overwatch even more effective and to make aegis defense worthless
Jump packs for Hammer of Wrath quick killyness
As a Sisters of Battle player these are things that I had already, otherwise I'd be saying much the same. Not that Hammer of Wrath is all that great on Seraphim in practise, but up to four Strength 3 hits each can really hurt certain targets so it's not that bad as an option when you need it!
With the changes to Rage I can actually field Sisters Repentia and Penitent Engines without having to plan the rest of my army to make sure they don't just wander off for the entire game, which is a huge plus on top of the extra damage! :)

I haven't really changed much though to be honest, I would still have taken most of what I now do 6th anyway. My Retributors with Heavy Bolters were auto-includes already, but as one of the few things that are any good against flyers they're even more essential, though taking a bastion is now a solid choice for my army; I just wish I had one, so for now it's aegis defence lines and enough heavy bolter rounds to hopefully keep flyers at bay for the time being! ;)

I am considering allies though; I have a squad of Legion of Damned which are just cool, not the fluffiest reason to take them but then I don't see why they'd only appear for other marines so I think it makes sense that other imperial forces might get a hand now and then too. Plus they're fiendishly expensive so they're not the most overpowered allies choice, especially since I also need a squad to go with it, though I've been getting decent mileage from Scouts actually; I know they're not favoured much in marine lists but having proper infiltrators holds more value for my sisters, that and sniper rifles are handy too.

Angelwing
21-08-2012, 18:06
I haven't purchased anything because it would be more useful in 6th ed. However, in my larger armies stuff that is useful will be used more often than the less useful stuff.

badguyshaveallthefun
21-08-2012, 18:10
Lets see:
I've added rangers, wraithguard, wraithlords, 6 reaver jetbikes, archon, and a unit of DE warriors in a raider to my mechdar list and dropped ALL the waveserpents. Will soon add a ravager with 3 disintegrators I think.

my Deathwing and greenwing have both been bolstered by the ravenwing, typically 2 units of bikes with 2 attack bikes, and the obligatory typhoon speeders. It's fun having more of a mix of units now.

EDIT: Oh, and I just purchased two nightwings and a phoenix from FW, they will all be seeing the table soon...

Lord Damocles
21-08-2012, 18:12
I swapped out a Lance/Chrono Royal Court (which I never really liked) for a Nightscythe and another 10 Warriors (which I might well have added anyway), and swapped out my Overlord's Phase Shifter for Sempiternal Weave.

PANZERBUNNY
21-08-2012, 18:25
Dynamic responsive reactionary mechanics brought me back to the game since...well...since I discovered other games a decade ago.

King ChucaBoBo
21-08-2012, 18:37
D-cannon support weapon platforms thanks to buffs to artillery and they were defined as barrage in the appendix.
War walkers due to the new scouting/outflanking rules and 6th ed. vehicle squad rules.

Vaktathi
21-08-2012, 18:50
I haven't really bought anything new, but in my typical lists I've replaced my tanks for the most part with artillery units instead. The tanks just don't feel like tanks anymore.

bocaj
21-08-2012, 18:52
Flying princes and screamers. Not tried allies yet though, thinking of trying out Epidermius with plague marine allies.

A.T.
21-08-2012, 18:54
Guard and inquisition allies, because sisters apparently weren't written with 6th in mind.

red_drake
21-08-2012, 19:11
D-cannon support weapon platforms thanks to buffs to artillery and they were defined as barrage in the appendix.
War walkers due to the new scouting/outflanking rules and 6th ed. vehicle squad rules.

D-cannons were always barrage. They had "g" in their range. Their problem for me was always their range for a stationary weapon platform. That and the chance to roll dawn of war made me not use them last edition.

Since 6th, except for converting my mech list into 6th, I've not included a single tank into my new lists.
Rangers, warp spiders, and vibro cannons for me

GenerationTerrorist
21-08-2012, 22:01
Nothing as yet. I am feeling the need for quite a few more Genestealers, though.

Cheeslord
21-08-2012, 22:15
I'm torn between adding some more Forgefathers when the new dreadnought comes out, and adding some Khador or Mennoth warjacks. Or possibly some terrain from BIAB...

On a less cynical note I might go halves with someone when the starter set comes out, if someone else wants the dark angels... if I was still regularly using my Necron army I would probably be buying a couple of fliers, but since I am doing Daemons now I'm not so bothered - the new Slaaneshi chariots suffer for being light vehicles and therefore being smashed with the nerfhammer aimed at transports. The new Flamers and screamers need a FAQ about which rules they follow. The new screamers I will probably get - when/if we move over to 6th, but there is some reluctance in my gaming group...

Mark.

Mikial
21-08-2012, 22:25
More Basilisks for my IG to use rather than Leman Russ tanks. The tanks die too easy to glancing hits now and it's a waste of points. Better to get squadrons of barrage weapons to pound the enemy from a distance since I can almost get two Basilisks for the price of one LR.

Jericho
21-08-2012, 22:28
Haven't bought much yet due to 6th... but I have painted a bit to get some old squads up to full strength and with the odd weapon substituted for a new one.

In other news, I keep buying Forgeworld Pre-Heresy miniatures way faster than I can build them. That doesn't look to be changing anytime soon.

Loopstah
21-08-2012, 23:03
Well I decided to add some Guard allies to my Blood Angels and now have enough Guard to run them as the main force and my Blood Angels as allies if I want to.

Curse GW and their crafty "make people buy more armies as allies" plan.

agurus1
21-08-2012, 23:47
More Basilisks for my IG to use rather than Leman Russ tanks. The tanks die too easy to glancing hits now and it's a waste of points. Better to get squadrons of barrage weapons to pound the enemy from a distance since I can almost get two Basilisks for the price of one LR.

have other guard players really been having such a dismal experience with their LRBT's this edition? So far I have only lost one in one game out of probably around 12 or so? Seems to me its still plenty tough.

Dangersaurus
21-08-2012, 23:48
Fortunately I own several armies (seven, eight if you count squats), so I'm set for allies.

Except for the DA that I plan to add from the starter set...

And having just a few Dark Eldar would be fun for both allies and Dark Heresy...

And now I could maybe add a small force of Sisters (also handy for DH)...

And I guess my "Imperial Agents" allies could make a full blown army if I add just a unit of GK and a vehicle or two...

:p Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

althathir
22-08-2012, 01:01
Well I decided to add some Guard allies to my Blood Angels and now have enough Guard to run them as the main force and my Blood Angels as allies if I want to.

Curse GW and their crafty "make people buy more armies as allies" plan.

Yeah once you warm up to the ideal of allies I can see it being hard to stop, luckly for me my hobby money is reserved for a new starter I want the small rulebook, my buddy wants the chaos and my brother used to play DA and is thinking of getting back into the game so its a lot of Win for me.

ReveredChaplainDrake
22-08-2012, 05:35
Since the start of 6th, I've added an entire Necron army to my repertoire. Because sooner or later, some jerk is gonna' show up to the table with nine croissants. I want that jerk to be me. :evilgrin: So far I've got 2 Lords, an Annibarge, 3 Wraiths, a dozen scarabs, a few dozen warriors, and two magnetized Night/Doom Scythes. I figure if I go too heavy on flyers, I'll just get screwed when Dark Angels get redone, but I can still have a sufficiently nasty army down the road if I stick to the basics (Warriors, Lords & Crypteks).

Thought For the Day: Do unto others before others do unto you.

Private_SeeD
22-08-2012, 06:47
I've been setting money aside for a new DA army plus some FW purchase. so the plan is going halves on the starter box, and to decide if it's going to be a RW themed list or DW

Sent from my Omni tool via the Sol System Mass Relay

morvaeldd
22-08-2012, 08:39
Still building my first army, but I have moved Stormtalon to the front of the must-buy list (mainly due to lack of AA weapins). Also, I can now buy a Stormraven for my air-mobile part of the army (the other is mechanized infantry) without breaking any rules (BA allies for regular SM, though all will be painted as Salamanders).

sprugly
22-08-2012, 09:10
So far, a stormtalon and a jump pack captain for my marines.

Not new but the allies rules have allowed me to use my ratguard in a game for the first time! (yay!)

I've also got the feeling that my chaos may get a few new things soon...

Sprugly

sprugly
22-08-2012, 10:52
So far, a stormtalon and a jump pack captain for my marines.

Not new but the allies rules have allowed me to use my ratguard in a game for the first time! (yay!)

I've also got the feeling that my chaos may get a few new things soon...

Sprugly

Weazel
22-08-2012, 11:22
Logan, wolf guard terminators, drop pods ... rhinos are too easy to pop midfield so I rather just go all-in and smash me some faces. Probably not the most tournament-worthy army out there but definitely a lot more fun than the previous rhino spam.

wanderingblade
22-08-2012, 16:12
though I've been getting decent mileage from Scouts actually; I know they're not favoured much in marine lists but having proper infiltrators holds more value for my sisters, that and sniper rifles are handy too.

Imo, sniper scouts are one of the big winners of this edition. Not only did their weapon get buffed, but they're perfect for sitting on objectives and contributing to a fight half the board away.

Johnnya10
22-08-2012, 16:56
Working on Daemon allies. As I just mentioned in another thread, I've also picked up an Aegis line purely for the quad gun. Not a massive shift, but its keeping me in painting jobs. :)

Private_SeeD
22-08-2012, 23:03
I want some sniping scouts for my DA but they're on hold till the new DA codex comes out and hope they'll be made a troop choice cause at the moment all my Elite choices are full of DW, also might pick up an Aegis defence line too

igwarlord
23-08-2012, 02:53
JUst added some ratllings to my Guard forces for that Sheer moment of WTF! Sniper Rifles make everything better

FashaTheDog
23-08-2012, 05:34
I have not yet bought anything because of 6th edition. I bought the Exalted Seeker Chariot because it looks cool, but I doubt I will ever use it since it is plastic and all of my other Daemons are metal. I might be tempted to run them in a squadron of three, but I'm not insane enough to build three of them with all those fiddly little sharp parts. This kit has already drawn blood three times.

I have also bought a Havoc with a lascannon and Chapter Master Seth, but that is for my Imperial Fists Chaos army I've been working on since the beginning of Summer. The Havoc is to fill out the one squad while Seth is the basis of my Sigismund the Despoiler conversion. I will add Archaon's sword and a Black Templar helmet that looks like the Emperor's Champion's after I take the Dremel to all those pesky Flesh Tearer symbols and add some spiffy Chaos markings with putty and with brush. I have not yet decided upon the backpack, but the one that came with him is definitely going on a Dark Angel, again sans the Flesh Tearer icon.

My first real 6th purchase will be the starter set. After that I will likely add to my Krieg, but the expansion was planned, although I think more artillery with more crew will be in order thanks to the massive artillery buff (T7 Guard? Yes, please!!!). Following that I have long wished to get some Imperial Guard Thunderbolts and a few Valkyries along with another Elysian infantry squad so I can have a small Phantine force that will "ally," and by ally I mean be part of the same list in a second FOC, so that my Syrinx 2112th can have "two" allies, Sisters and Phantine. There is actually the first change for 6th. Bringing Sisters of Battle back to my Syrinx 2112th, because I had originally bought about 1,000 to ally in through the Codex Witch Hunters rules, and with only a single Battle Sister squad, they were illegal after the White Dwarf halfass 'dex. Now the Temple Priests will once more fight alongside the Adeptus Sororitas as I had always intended for them to.

The Phantine bit will have to come after I get at least one Legion of Everblight Archangel. I plan to get at least two, as one will be converted into a mount for a Chaos Lord and perhaps a third could end up a Harridan, sculpt permitting.

Aegius
23-08-2012, 16:32
For me it's a stormtalon attached to a stormeagle full of assault terminators.

I'm also toying with the idea of honour guard.

JellyPie
24-08-2012, 00:31
Rhinos and Wolf Priest
Not being able to charge from a RZB was a pain so 10 man squads feel better

And Wolf Priest because having preferred enemy is More awesome now esp when rerolling 1s with combi plasma wolf guard

Sadly my favourite unit in the game(Wolf Scouts) are now shelved because of how screwed over they got

Rated_lexxx
24-08-2012, 00:45
Farseer and a unit of rangers as allies for my Dark Eldar.

Also 9 Reaver Jetbikes.

Do you put the farseer in the ranger unit?

FashaTheDog
24-08-2012, 01:14
Do you put the farseer in the ranger unit?

I didn't think you were allowed not to :p.

bobafett012
24-08-2012, 02:17
I've added a stormraven and death company. The death company got a rather healthy boost. Not only was rage changed to not make them move or charge the nearest unit, but it was changed to just giving them an extra attack on the charge. On foot they were under priced before, and now they are even more under priced!

The stormraven got added for the obvious reasons, new flyer rules and all.

An honorable mention goes out to the DC dread for the same reasons that the DC got mentioned.

Rated_lexxx
24-08-2012, 02:37
I didn't think you were allowed not to :p.

Lol I didn't mean to sound like that. I was wondering if he puts the farseer in a group of say walks warriors