PDA

View Full Version : Double Eee!

Smogg
22-08-2012, 14:29
So a unit of Empire Swordmen with a hero with Terrifying Mask of Eee! charge a unit of Dark Elf spearmen with a hero also wearing the Terrifying Mask of Eee!...

Does the Dark Elf Spearmen need to take a terror test when charged?

Does both units test for fear in the close combat?

or does the masks just negate eachother, and why?

Metacarpi
22-08-2012, 14:39
Doesn't it say in the rule book somewhere about models with Terror/Fear don't take Terror/Fear test? I don't have my BRB with me, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere - either that or I'm talking out my ****!

BigbyWolf
22-08-2012, 14:39
What is the wording on the item? If it says "Causes Terror when charging" then the unit being charged would not cause terror, and therefore be subject to the effects of Terror. If it simply makes the unit cause Terror, then they are both terror-causing units and as such would not be subect to fear or terror.

Artiee
22-08-2012, 14:47
The Mask of Eeee gives the model Terror not the unit. So the question is does the unit have to take a terror test (from a charge) if 1 model in the unit has terror.

logan054
22-08-2012, 14:57
It's very clear in the brb, the entire unit has to cause fear or terror to be immune , so yeah, if you charge a unit with a single terror causer they have to take a terror test (I learnt something new today).

Smogg
22-08-2012, 16:12
thanks for replies!

Lord Inquisitor
22-08-2012, 16:17
Yeah, the book is clear, although not very consistent. The rules are different for immune to psych, frenzy/stupidity and fear/terror for whether it is passed onto the unit, works on a per-model basis or majority of the unit. It'd be nice if there were some consistent rules on this subject rather than each rule having a different system.

Mid'ean
22-08-2012, 16:38
One reason the shrieking blade works so well. Any part of the enemy unit touches this guy and the whole unit has to check vs fear.

BigbyWolf
22-08-2012, 16:49
The Mask of Eeee gives the model Terror not the unit. So the question is does the unit have to take a terror test (from a charge) if 1 model in the unit has terror.

Ah, in that case I would agree with logan054 on the issue.

AntaresCD
22-08-2012, 16:53
Yeah, the Fear and Terror rules are a bit wonky...

In summary:
-If charged by even a single model with Terror, you make a panic (important distinction since if you pass the first one a second charge from a terror causing model has no effect, per 1 panic check per phase rule) if even a single model in your unit is not immune.
-If any model in a unit is in base contact with a Fear or Terror causing model, the unit makes a Fear check at the start of the combat round (and models in the unit that cause Fear or Terror are immune to the affects if the check was caused by a Fear causing model, and any model in the unit with Terror are immune to the affects if the check was caused by a Terror causing model).

...like I said, wonky, especially the first point where a single model causes an entire unit to flee.

So in your specific case, the DE Spearmen make a Panic check when charged, and if they pass and the charge is completed, both sides (assuming base contact with the appropriate models is made) will check for Fear, with the heroes being immune on both sides.

Senor
23-08-2012, 10:30
Hi AntaresCD....

And the charging unit doesn't need to take a Ld test before charging a unit, where a model of that charged unit has the mask of EEE?

Artiee
23-08-2012, 11:59
No..Terror rules are not that great. A unit with terror changes a unit with out terror (and fear) , the target unit has to test. BUT a Unit with out Terror (and fear) does not test when it charges a Terror unit.

BRB page 78, Terror Rule, "Run For Your Lives"