PDA

View Full Version : Forward Arc Templete

Artiee
22-08-2012, 19:27
I looking for a Forward Arc Templete to help with charges arcs and shooting arcs. I know about GF9's templete. Is there any other providers for a forward arc?

Thanks,.

Gandalf the Gay
22-08-2012, 20:02
Can't you just make som out of cardboard?

Blinder
22-08-2012, 20:58
Don't know any other commercial ones, mainly because most places seem to just stock the blue tools and call it a day.

Making 'em would probably be as easy as tracking down someone else's, though I'd suggest at least styrene, cardboard gets beat up pretty quickly.

Alternatively, grab a student's protractor and snip/file down the "feet" bits they always seem to have, and mark the 45's nice and heavily (or run string to the middle if you're feeling fancy). That'll also give you something that's not homemade in case you're looking to use it at a tourney or something where you don't want people wondering how accurate your markers are (there's always someone who will either be pulling a fast one, suspecting everyone else of pulling a fast one, or more often doing both at the same time).

Artiee
22-08-2012, 21:11
Thanks,

I didnt want to do make one if there was others out there. I also didn't want to play $5 US to have GF9 ship one.

AntaresCD
22-08-2012, 22:27
If you're asking for what I think you're asking for (a marker to stick on the corner of a square base to find the arc line) then there is one supplied by GW in this set: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440006a&prodId=prod800017a . Might be a little steep, price-wise if all you need is that marker, but I found it a very useful tool and I do use the markers for spell effects too.

theunwantedbeing
22-08-2012, 22:34
The cheapest solution is a folded piece of paper, it also has the advantage of being larger than other things and as a result much more easily readable.

Valheru
22-08-2012, 23:40
Get a 40ml base and two 20ml bases keep the 40 the right way up and flip the others over, glue them to either side of one corner of the 40 and paint a straight line from that corner to the diagonally opposite one! Instant arc template!