PDA

View Full Version : "Battlefield in a Box" terrain/ scenery

Pooky
22-08-2012, 23:31
Has anyone used the "Battlefeild in a Box" scenery available from Gale Force 9? If so, how good is it? Is it the right scale for 40k? I haven't seen many pics of their terrain with models so I can't gauge if the scale is correct.

Jericho
22-08-2012, 23:33
I have some of their 40k-ish stuff (Tank Traps are my favorite) and I have friends who have picked up various hills and some water features. Everyone is quite happy with them. You literally just take them out of the box, add static grass if you want to match your existing terrain, and you're good to go.

The buildings are a tiny bit plain and could benefit from some parts from your bitz box, but you get great bang for your buck.

Harbinger
23-08-2012, 01:55
Has anyone used the "Battlefeild in a Box" scenery available from Gale Force 9? If so, how good is it? Is it the right scale for 40k? I haven't seen many pics of their terrain with models so I can't gauge if the scale is correct.

I have used it and I recommend it. In my opinion it is some of the better terrain for the price you are paying.

FashaTheDog
23-08-2012, 02:13
The rivers are great. The rocks our store got had a few issues with the bottoms not being flat, but they look great with most scales. The ruins are great for use, our group has the round set as well. Generally, it is all fine for 40K except the Flames of War (15mm) labeled buildings and fortifications, although Flames of War minefields work fine with 28mm and the roads could work in a pinch as foot paths.

Pooky
23-08-2012, 03:05
Sounds like it's got some positive feedback so far. I was planning on getting some of the various sized 'ruins' and gluing them to some MDF to make specific 'buildings' (or wrecks of buildings). Maybe get some cans as tanks and 'wreck' them up a bit to fit in with the 40k industrial theme.