PDA

View Full Version : List of Potential Hobbit related models

Lord Squidar
24-08-2012, 09:56
So lets get a list going of all the Hobbit related models we will possibly see from GW. Please bear in mind I am basing this on the book, not on any rumours. So in order of appearance in the book:

Bilbo Baggins
Gandalf the Grey
13 Dwarves
The 3 trolls ( I forget their names)
Elrond and the Rivendell Elves
The giants in the misty mountains
Goblins
The Goblin King
The Eagles
Beorn and his animals
The Spiders
Thranduil and the Mirkwood Elves
The Necromancer
Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman and Radagast (the white council)
Some evil minions of the necromancer
The men of Dale
Bard
SMAUG
Dain's Dwarves

I think its a pretty long list, of course they will make gandalf in 10 million different poses and different box sets. I am going to snatch up Smaug so quickly if he looks anything like the cover art on my version (the one on the map above the Lonely Mountain, long serpentine dragon)

Have I left anything else out? Of course Peter Jackson and co will be taking big liberties with the apendices and we will see all sorts of half mentioned critters appearing, but thats all good too.

Peregrin
24-08-2012, 13:18
I believe the trolls were Tom, Bert, and Bill, but some sources seem to imply that these are Anglisized names for the sake of the Hobbit being a children's book.

ForgottenLore
24-08-2012, 17:12
You left out Gollum
The Master of Laketown

mrtn
26-08-2012, 00:42
You forgot one of the five armies: wargs.

I'm not sure we'll see any Men of Dale, though Men of Laketown will certainly appear. ;)

Maybe they'll even make tiny models of Roark and the ravens.

ForgottenLore
26-08-2012, 00:47
You forgot one of the five armies: wargs.
Wargs were part of the goblin army

Goblins
Men
Elves
Dwarves
Eagles

Edit: never mind, I'm wrong.

Maybe they'll even make tiny models of Roark and the ravens.
That would be pretty cool.

mrtn
26-08-2012, 01:09
I haven't heard the eagles described as an army before. :)

"So began a battle that none had expected; and it was called the Battle of Five Armies, and it was very terrible. Upon one side were the Goblins and the wild Wolves, and upon the other were Elves and Men and Dwarves."

ForgottenLore
26-08-2012, 01:24
Indeed. My mistake.

I was taking my cue fom the animated movie as I haven't actually read the hobbit in many years and didn't know it had gotten it wrong. Sorry about that.

mrtn
26-08-2012, 09:47
No worries. :)

You should re-read it, it's a great book.