PDA

View Full Version : Best Dark Vengeance miniature ?

VenomBlood
25-08-2012, 20:18
So Ladies and Gents what's your favorite miniature of Dark Vengeance ?

For me it was a hard choice between Terminator with an assault cannon and Chosen Champion, but For the Lord's sake this Termie Rocks!

Could do a poll, but TBH all models are ace in their own way.

de Selby
25-08-2012, 20:23
I think it might be the chosen with boltgun. As an archetype for what chaos should look like on the table top I think he's marvellous.
Looking forward to painting the DA librarian too.

Mr. Ultra
25-08-2012, 20:24
The Chosen with lightning claws! It was love at first (blurry) sight!

gogs78
25-08-2012, 20:25
Chaos dreadnought for me.

While we are at it, vote for worst mini........ the "limited edition" chaplain. Utterly horrific. :wtf: were they thinking?

Kuja
25-08-2012, 20:28
I think it might be the chosen with boltgun. As an archetype for what chaos should look like on the table top I think he's marvellous.

This +1.

Also, the two chosens with bolters (wich are the same model) are a great improvement over the current chaos space marines.

viv714r
25-08-2012, 20:32

While we are at it, vote for worst mini........ the "limited edition" chaplain. Utterly horrific. :wtf: were they thinking?

I really like the Chaplain but hey one man's meat is another man's poison. The Chaos Lord is my favourite though. Just jaw-dropping.

AndrewGPaul
25-08-2012, 20:36

This +1.

Also, the two chosens with bolters (wich are the same model) are a great improvement over the current chaos space marines.

It's a toss-up for me between the guy with bolter and the guy with bolt pistol and power glove.

Clarkson
25-08-2012, 20:37
I really like the Chaplain but hey one man's meat is another man's poison. The Chaos Lord is my favourite though. Just jaw-dropping.

the new guy is rife for chaos sorcerer conversion or a Dark Apostle..

even though it looks like DA are gonna be the golden boys of 6th.. it does seem from the pics.. its easy to make them chaos.. its very definately chaos-in-a-box ofr 65

Spiney Norman
25-08-2012, 20:39

Oh come on, the chaplain isn't that bad, the cultist champion in the commissar coat beats him hands down, it's been a long time since I've seen a model that is as comedy-crap as him, the facial expression is so terrible it will keep me amused for days.

As for best, the chaos chosen are all gorgeous, and so is the chaos lord, on the loyalist side I love the company master (slightly let down by the size of his power sword), and the librarian isn't half bad either.

Draconis
25-08-2012, 20:41
That lord. Easily. That is one sick model.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
25-08-2012, 21:00
Chaos Lord. Definitely.

RunepriestRidcully
25-08-2012, 21:13
For me it is either the chosen with a bolt gun, or the Dark angel terminator Sargent (Who I shall convert to a thousand son one) Only problem none of the chosen, as fantastic as they are, could work for thousand sons, as emperor's children how ever... (may still try them as Thousand sons) For worst, I am not that a much of a fan of the hellbrute, the dark angel charecters or the cultists really.

Sexiest_hero
25-08-2012, 21:21
The hell brute for me, although he is the best of a great bunch. the loyalist side seems sob oring and plain.

kalon
25-08-2012, 21:26
Gonna have to pick two on this, Chaos Lord and Hell Brute. I can't wait to get my grubby little mits on them.

Morrslieb
25-08-2012, 21:31
Surprisingly I found Company Master as my favorite, and librarian somehow as worst of the bunch.

Asher
25-08-2012, 21:34
I like the Chosen Chamption for his Backpack and it's mutated arm which is reloading the bolter.

I also like the Company Master.

Balerion
25-08-2012, 21:42
One more vote for the amazing Chaos Lord.

He reminds me of this legendary WFB Chaos Lord (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1900118_99110201207_WoCLordDaemonicMountMain_873x 627.jpg). I enjoy the pose of calm, determined menace so much more than the flailing "dynamic" poses such as the one use for the Deathwing Sergeant.

The Chosen are all flawless as well, but less iconic than the Lord. The best of the DA miniatures is probably the Librarian.

loveless
25-08-2012, 21:45
Probably the Chaos Lord - there's a nice fallen regal vibe to him.
I'm rather fond of the Librarian, too, but the Chaos Lord easily bests him.

I really want to like the Chaplain - that skull shoulder makes it difficult to be 100% pleased, though

Knifeparty
25-08-2012, 21:45
They finally made chaos marines that look like I imagine them to be. So much detail its awesome!

That Chaos Lord may be my favourite model of all time now.

The Helbrute is the best dreadnought ever made hands down, bar none.

Chosen are amazing

The only really disappointing thing is that the Death Wing Terminators don't have cloaks. I really wanted some so I could convert them to Black Templars.

terradax
25-08-2012, 21:57
The Chosen Champion for me. The best figure to represent a Word Bearers Dark Apostle :)

Lord Squidar
25-08-2012, 22:20
I vote the culist champion. He is oozing character. Its like he was a refined imperial officer serving in the great machine as another cog, and then something snapped and he had his CO and comrades for dinner... with some fafa beans.... =)

TheLionReturns
25-08-2012, 22:34
From the pictures I would have to say that the Dark Angels Master is my favourite followed by the Librarian. They are all very impressive though.

Souleater
25-08-2012, 22:39
Overall the Chaos Lord - an amazing figure.

The Dire Troll
25-08-2012, 22:44
All the chaos :D but beyond whats already been said I really like the cultists with heavy weapons, and the Librarian.

Mr. Ultra
25-08-2012, 22:46
Oh come on, the chaplain isn't that bad, the cultist champion in the commissar coat beats him hands down, it's been a long time since I've seen a model that is as comedy-crap as him, the facial expression is so terrible it will keep me amused for days.

Facial expression? Are you aware that he is wearing a mask... aren't you?

Ronin_eX
25-08-2012, 22:46
Tossup between the Librarian, the Chaplain and the Deathwing terminator and the Chaos Lord with the assault cannon.

I love the Librarian because it is really understated and reminds me of the Kev White era space marines before they were clogged with iconography. I love the Chappy for (partly) the opposite reason. He's really ornamental and over the top, but that helmet screams 90's GW to me and I am loving the character of it. I love the overall posing and stylings of all the Deathwing but for me the one with the assault cannon steals the show. Finally that Chaos Lord is simply amazing to look at, I never thought I would see that much detail in plastic. When I trade the rest of the Chaos stuff (not because it is ugly or anything, I just want more Dark Angels) I will be keeping the Lord and painting it.

But honestly the entire box set is full of win.

ftayl5
25-08-2012, 22:51
The Chaos Lord.

Fugazi
25-08-2012, 22:51
The Helbrute is great as a serious departure from the dreadnought template, but the stock chosen w/ boltgun is a close second. Like de Selby said, it's the archetype model of chaos.

DeeKay
25-08-2012, 22:54
For me, the Chaos models are the best of a good batch. Either the Lord, the Helbrute or the Chosen with Power Maul get my vote. As for the DA stuff, it's all just a bit meh. Nothing really leapt at me and said "this is awesome!"

With regards,
Dan.

Fabian3rd
25-08-2012, 23:26
Chaos Chosen with lightning claws is my favorite :D
Also how about the cultist heavies, they are pretty cool looking I think.

As for worst Company Captain as robes are too overbaring, similarly for chaplain (looks like a dress) but probably look better in 3D?

Sexiest_hero
25-08-2012, 23:58
I take it back, The cultist in the butcher robe and chaos mask is golden.

althathir
26-08-2012, 00:12
Honestly way too much of the chaos stuff is awesome, the lord is really good (probably my favorite), but those chosen are all awesome as well, the hellbrute is a great model, and most of the cultists are good with some exceptions. The DA side is alright (and honestly blows away anything from AoBR), but the company masters helmet is OTT, beyond that I like the rest (the tactical sarge looks alot better in the video), though the wings on the bikes are a bit much for me.

All in all its a great starter, and may lead me to another project.

RaShondala
26-08-2012, 00:16
The Librarian, because I like the post, or the Chaos Lord, because OMFGDROOL

Haunter!
26-08-2012, 00:25
For me it's a tie between the Chaos Lord and Company Master. Though I also really like the cultist with the hood and gasmask.

Least favorite is that stupid looking Helbrute. I don't like anything about the concept.

EvilFuzzyDoom
26-08-2012, 00:45
Chosen champion - for his third eye and his backpack. It has tentacles. LOADER-BUDDY TENTACLES!

Monospot
26-08-2012, 01:49
The Chaos Lord's backpack. Total conversion bait for Khorne and Nurgle guys.

Other than that, the cultists, especially the one with the Heavy Stubber.

Gutlord Grom
26-08-2012, 01:54
The hellbrute just looks so nicely dynamic and Chaos-y, the Librarian has been screaming Cypher conversion for me, and I'm going to convert me some Chaos bikers out of this box.

The DA company Master just doesn't really appeal to me. The sword looks comically oversized, even for 40k and there's just too much robe.

KharnTheBetrayer01
26-08-2012, 02:07
I am fully in love with the Cultist champion with shotgun. My only minor gripe is with the head, but I haven't known a plastic model yet that isn't fairly easy to decapitate without any cosmetic damage.

Saying that, the other cultist champion (Or the one they use as the other champion in White Dwarf) is also fantastic. I predict a great many cultist squads in my future.

logan054
26-08-2012, 02:18
I really like the Chaos lord apart for the loki style helmet, I think the chosen are just amazing, I could see me making my whole chaos army out of them if I can get enough of the bolter guys.

Starchild
26-08-2012, 02:55
I think the Deathwing sergeant is what inspires me the most, with the Company Master a close second.. After seeing the details up close in White Dwarf I am sold. :skull:

I'm not quite satisfied with the rest of the Deathwing however, so these will be heavily converted. The first task will be to replace the dorky helmets, then I'll replace the arms. The Cruces Terminati on the left shoulder pads are way too small. Feathers will be added to the storm bolters to make them more like Jes Goodwin's originals.

The Chaos models are excellent of course, but since I don't play them I'm focusing on the army I was already collecting. ;)

Spiney Norman
26-08-2012, 03:05
Facial expression? Are you aware that he is wearing a mask... aren't you?

Yes, but "mask expression" didn't sound quite right. while all the other cultists ended up with cool gas-masks or creepy cloth-veils the glorious squad leader ended up with the comedy Wallace and Gromit mask, I mean wtf... He looks like a clown, and not in a scary unnerving way.

de Selby
26-08-2012, 04:13
It's a grotesque, a snarling or leering metal face mask commonly worn by members of the blood pact. I think it's a nice nod to the background, but YMMV.

OgreBattle
26-08-2012, 05:13
the best models in there are the tactical marines.

Haunter!
26-08-2012, 05:32
Yes, but "mask expression" didn't sound quite right. while all the other cultists ended up with cool gas-masks or creepy cloth-veils the glorious squad leader ended up with the comedy Wallace and Gromit mask, I mean wtf... He looks like a clown, and not in a scary unnerving way.

Just sand it down and greenstuff a bandit mask. Boom, fixed.

TheDungen
26-08-2012, 07:01
On the chaos side its the lord, he's the only chaos guy with the dignity befitting a 10.000 years old villain.

On the DA side the captain, i just love his simple yet striking pose. And the large plain robes that aren't cluttered with detail as they always do there days.

And the overall winner is: Captain Balthasar. Now i just have to add a few more archaic pieces to him and we got ourself a fallen lord.

Aluinn
26-08-2012, 08:15
Oddly, as I don't usually like power-armored models much, the Chosen and the Chaos Lord. The detail is amazing and all the poses are good, which is normally the downfall of 1-3 piece starter set minis, and they manage to successfully look uniquely Chaotic rather than like Spikey Marines. The DA Librarian is also very nice though, as is the Company Master.

The Helbrute is a very well-sculpted model but just not up my alley, personally.

I'm a little disappointed in the Cultists, which were actually the minis I was most eager to see from this set. They look like conversions using Guardsmen and third-party bitz for the most part, which is not terrible but IMO a missed opportunity, since the starter set model design (i.e. few parts) provides the opportunity to sculpt full, flowing, hooded robes, and I think that would have looked far better.

Spiney Norman
26-08-2012, 09:05
Oddly, as I don't usually like power-armored models much, the Chosen and the Chaos Lord. The detail is amazing and all the poses are good, which is normally the downfall of 1-3 piece starter set minis, and they manage to successfully look uniquely Chaotic rather than like Spikey Marines. The DA Librarian is also very nice though, as is the Company Master.

The Helbrute is a very well-sculpted model but just not up my alley, personally.

I'm a little disappointed in the Cultists, which were actually the minis I was most eager to see from this set. They look like conversions using Guardsmen and third-party bitz for the most part, which is not terrible but IMO a missed opportunity, since the starter set model design (i.e. few parts) provides the opportunity to sculpt full, flowing, hooded robes, and I think that would have looked far better.

Me too re:cultists, I would have preferred my cultist to look a bit more like religious nutters rather than a mixture of low ranking necromunda gangers and hobos in faded IG uniforms.

Cacodemon
26-08-2012, 09:13
double post!

Cacodemon
26-08-2012, 09:18
My favourite model is the Chosen with Bolter. In my mind it looks like Chaos Marines are supposed to look, more baroque and twisted unlike the current models. I also love the chains as a strap for Bolter and the drum magazine.

Close second would be the Dark Angel Librarian. He has a sort of menacing expression on his face, like he's taking delight in cursing his victim. The horned skull emblems on his armour are also excellent, making him look more like a sorcerer than a mere psyker.

Cap'n Shings
26-08-2012, 09:48
The Chaos Lord for sure. The pose is not great but I am loving the Loki helmet and the Cloak/backpack combo. Absolute badass!

Szalik
26-08-2012, 09:53
First of all I must say that there is not a single model in this set that I'd detest. Good job GW !

When it comes to squads then cultists are the best in my opinion. I'm gonna dechaosify them a bit and use as necromunda gangers and penal squads for my IG.

Single model category...I have difficulity choosing between Chaos Lord, Chosen with bolter, Librarian, Biker Sarge and...Terminator with assault cannon.

Chem-Dog
26-08-2012, 11:24
Librarian. The pose is fantastic, the sculptor obviously had a good look at Severin Loth.
I was unsure as to what to head my Angels of Vengeance army up with right up until I saw him.

MajorWesJanson
26-08-2012, 11:37
Chosen champion, Librarian, Chosen with Claws, and Biker Sergeant.

They are all good models, only annoying part is going to be removing DA bling off of them.

Commotionpotion
26-08-2012, 11:47
The Chaos Lord and his Chosen are awesome. Even individually they'll make great Aspiring Champions for squads of lesser CSMs.

The Cultists are cool. Simply having them in plastic is awesome, since they look like the Redemptionist figures (who've always made the best cultist figures) and ragged Guard deserters or rogue PDF troopers.

I'm not really sure about the Helbrute. I can appreciate the concept, but it seems a little too over-the-top - it lacks the understated menace of the FW daemon engines, and the back of it unfortunately looks quite lumpy and dull.

lurkio
26-08-2012, 11:49
definately the hellbrute..! great mini

VenomBlood
26-08-2012, 13:03
Poll added. :)

Max_Killfactor
26-08-2012, 15:29
The Chosen are amazing. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy the whole starter set or just the mini rulebook... but those Chosen are making it a tough choice.

Belakor
26-08-2012, 15:55
Cultists - love the mixed bag of traitor thespians, guardsmen, and post apocalyptic loons.

Erazmus_M_Wattle
26-08-2012, 16:33
It's a close run thing because the chaos models are all simply amazing. The winner is the Chaos Lord. I was wavering between him and the chosen with power glove until I saw the shot from the rear on the GW website. The wired daemonic lizard like pelt on his back and really cool spiney organic backpack swung it for me.

Dryaktylus
27-08-2012, 00:05
I vote for the cultist with the gimp/Vraks mask and the hooded one with the gas mask.

Chem-Dog
27-08-2012, 00:10
I have to put a second choice in. The Chosen Leader with the mace, go to the GW site and look at the spinny view, the detail on his back is both entirely unnecessary and unutterably cool. Still Loving the Libby though.

Beppo1234
27-08-2012, 00:40
-I'm down on all the deathwing, they're pretty terrible compared to past attempts at one/two piece snap terminators. Horribly posed, just plain bad designs X
-I'm not really a fan of the DA Master, mostly because he's got overkill robes. X
-The chaplain is pretty terrible IMO, like the Master, too many robes, and where is his interrogator mask? X

-Tacticals are what they should be
-Same for the ravenwing.
-Love the Librarian. Simple pose, bling, without being overkill. Really like it.

-Chaos Lord and Chosen Champion are fantastic, these two are definitely my favourites.
-Cultists are all good
-Chosen are all good too.

-Hellbrute: this was going to be my vote for the best mini, but now that I've seen the 360, I'm not too impressed with what they did with the rear detail. I get the organic look, and I like it. But from behind, the Hellbrute looks too organic. If I were to paint it, I'd go with Black Legion Stylings, and pink flesh for all the organic parts, and from behind, the HB would look like it's got no armour at all.

-so, my vote is for the Chaos Lord, or Champion... prolly the Champion as he's a little more dynamic, and his details, like the eye, are awesome.

Col. Tartleton
28-08-2012, 07:43
Frankly I'm shocked how nice this set is. I was not expecting the Chaos models to be half that good. The only disappointment for me were the Dark Angels Tacticals and to a lesser extent Chaplain because they fell flat in contrast. Obviously they decided to make them generic so that they could be used by more people. The lack of serious robes, human skeletons, and OTT grim dark was not there. They're fine, but they didn't blow me away like the Chaos stuff. Admittedly I'm not in love with the Chaos Cultists, but that's because they're not what I expected. As I clicked through and finally reached the cultists I was a bit disappointed there. Given the warped awesomeness of the Chosen I was expecting the cultists to be done properly as full blown blood pact or a cabal of sorcerers and mutants, not semi medieval suburban punk rabble. :D

Oh well, I expect Hwee Kaptoored Eet Fhor Kay-oss! is going to be the catch phrase of the Edition regardless of the lack of similarity with the Dawn of War Cultists.

Heads up, don't type "Hwee Kaptoored Eet Fhor Kay-oss!" into Google if you're faint of heart. Brutal fantasy dismemberment never hurt anyone, but Warhammer Hentai might cause some complications with your suspension of disbelief. ;)

Trogdor
28-08-2012, 09:31
I've gone for the Librarian simply because it's a very evocative model with a great pose, though overall I'm very glad that I'm taking the Chaos side of this box set; that Chosen Champion is superb! I do agree, however, that the rear of the Helbrute is a bit...plain. Nothing that a bit of green stuff and some imagination won't cure, mind you.

Far Seer
28-08-2012, 09:40
It was a close call between the Lord, the Chosen and the Brute, but the Hellbrute won out in the end.

purge the daemon
28-08-2012, 20:44
i love the chaos minis the chosen and lord are so sweet the hellbrute and cultists are sick as well. the dark angels are okay but i expected more robes and skulls on the normal dudes like why give us dark angels if they are just going to look like marines? my vote goes for chosen.

Nezalhualixtlan
28-08-2012, 21:53
I think the Chaos Lord is my favorite. The Company Master I like, I particularly like his helm. I like the Librarian too, as well as a few of the Chosen.

On the flip side I do not like the Chaplain or Chaos Dread at all. Cultists I could take or leave.

The rest is solid if not necessarily inspiring.

Starchild
28-08-2012, 23:00
@Beppo1234: Sorry, what's an interrogator mask? :confused:

Judas93
28-08-2012, 23:46
Notice that one of the cultists is wearing a coat, the coat looks really Similar to a commissar coat :) hope he got himself a good kill

Beppo1234
29-08-2012, 01:42
@Beppo1234: Sorry, what's an interrogator mask? :confused:

Remember DA interrogators used to have the steel skull masks? They only made Asmodai as a mini, but all the art has had DA chaplains with a Destro styled mask, rather than just a generic Chaplain skull mask. I know GW got lazy, and just started using regular chaplains to represent them in game reality, but I really think that they should have stuck to the Interrogator design of the steel mask, especially for a mini that is specifically designed as an interrogator chaplain.

I have to say though, the chaplain has grown on me. The 360 has really sold the model to me... the normal pics don't do it justice (sometimes, a lot of the time, GW's choices of angle are pretty poor). With a head swap, I might find the model adequate. Same goes for the Company master. I'm not a fan of the more current winged helms, so a head swap would look great. I prefer the older style of winged helms, like those on the original RT DA captain, or the last editions mass production company master.

warmonger1
29-08-2012, 01:52
It's a hard call for me. I really liked the Chosen models. I also loved the chaos lord. His model is just oozing awesome!

DonKarst0n
29-08-2012, 02:02
I have to say I find them all very nice. But the Chosen above all. But like Tartleton I would have been happier if the cultists looked more like those from Dawn of War. Those I don't know... They look like a bunch of traitor PDF, gangsters and psychopaths. Which is not a bad thing. But I'd wished for more "cultist" look.

VendableFall
29-08-2012, 02:15
chaos lord, chosen and SM libby are all awesome!

not a fan of the company captain (pose is to static) or the limited chappy (not bad but just not as good as other chappy models)

Jericho
29-08-2012, 02:19
The Chosen are amazing. They look straight out of the concept art for Warhammer Online, which had bloody amazing work for Tzeentch Warriors of Chaos.

The DA's are very nice, but they don't have the wow factor of the traitor marines.

LE Chaplain is possibly the least appealing part of the set the more I look at it.

VenomBlood
29-08-2012, 11:38
I have to admit that Chosen coupled with Lord are, I believe, best plastic models ever released by GW. Even Space Hulk can not offer such twisted and completed details while leaving all realistic bling on models without overdoing them.

Johnnya10
29-08-2012, 13:46
I love the look of the Chaos cultist with the flamer, and the one with the stubber. On the Chaos side at least, it's just so refreshing to be moving away from the spiky marine stuff. The Hellbrute is awesome too, but I'm so happy with the cultists in general (because I hated the look of the old ones) that I voted for them.

I really like the DA stuff in there too, particularly the Chaplain. I was just going to sell off the DA stuff, but now I'm quite tempted to start an Angels of Absolution force too.

All in all, I think the whole lot are great. Another win for 6th. :)

steeledcascade
29-08-2012, 14:10
Must admit i think all the models in the boxset far surpassed my expectations, Being mainly a fantasy player this boxset has rekindled my interest in 40k. Favourite though has to be the Chaos lord.

Clarkson
29-08-2012, 15:43
Must admit i think all the models in the boxset far surpassed my expectations, Being mainly a fantasy player this boxset has rekindled my interest in 40k. Favourite though has to be the Chaos lord.

even the generic tacitals?

its a solid boxset that will be abused needlessly by my file and gs to make it nurgle..

KharnTheBetrayer01
29-08-2012, 19:00
The Cultists. They're exactly what I was looking for, particularly the Champions. Ex-Commissar Ash, with his greatcoat and a hand that is begging to be replaced with a suitably jagged weapon, and the hooded axe-murderer reaching for his next victim. Cultists are likely going to make up the majority of my army this edition. Them, and anything that has a chance of hurting my guys as well as theirs.

Treg Almighty
30-08-2012, 01:43
The whole chaos part of the set is awesome. I really hope that they maintain the whole mutation on everything look, as it really solidifies the feel of the chaos army.

They're not only space marines with horns that have gotten rid of the Aquila.

Treg Almighty
30-08-2012, 01:47
Notice that one of the cultists is wearing a coat, the coat looks really Similar to a commissar coat :) hope he got himself a good kill

Either that, or he hasn't taken it off since turning to the wholesome goodness of chaos!

Treg Almighty
30-08-2012, 01:48

Either that, or he hasn't taken it off since turning to the wholesome goodness of chaos!

Scribe of Khorne
30-08-2012, 03:50
The Chaos Lord is one of the best GW models of all time...

TheConverter15
30-08-2012, 16:49

White Dwarf has some fluff on him saying he was a Imperial Guardsmen protecting a fortress gate against chaos forces. He threw open the gates and let the chaos army inside. The coat became stitched to his skin to remind him of his treachery.

Treg Almighty
31-08-2012, 16:31
white dwarf has some fluff on him saying he was a imperial guardsmen protecting a fortress gate against chaos forces. He threw open the gates and let the chaos army inside. The coat became stitched to his skin to remind him of his treachery.

that is awesome!!

BrotherOfBrass
31-08-2012, 16:42
Just chucked in a quick vote for the Hellbrute. From the points of his fleshy toes, to the tips of his rippy claws, he's impressive. I am also impressed by the way that the model is given real depth by virtue of being push-together, the head set deep inside the armour without being overly fiddly. The Chaos Lord runs a close second, with the chosen champion in third. The Chaos boys certainly seem to be the pick-of-the-bunch over all, but it will be interesting to see the whole lot in the flesh.

VenomBlood
05-09-2012, 20:16
So Chaos Lord is top notch, I have no this month's WD, so is it already mentioned who is the sculptor of Chaos stuff?

IncrediSteve
06-09-2012, 23:39

Yet another +1 here, glad to see I'm not alone in this sentiment. Such a superb and subtle pose, oozing menace, and that helmet is unbelievably cool looking. It's a shame he's the one-off duplicated chosen thrown in as the red shirts for casualty taking in the box. The pair will be honorguarding my HQ on the tabletop :chrome:

If the included chaos cultists weren't so wicked sick, I'd lament not getting a full squad of normal chaos marines looking like this guy.

barjed
07-09-2012, 08:35
Company Master.

He has something in his sculpt that screams "Jedi Knight" and loud (I even reference to him as the Jedi). The stance looks like taken straight away from KOTOR games. Plus the delicious, big sleeved robes. Jedi I say!

DivineVisitor
07-09-2012, 09:13
Gotta go with the Hellbrute, that thing just looks immense.

anselminus
07-09-2012, 09:46
i'm not fan of chaos but in this starter box it is fantastic really nice ideas and sculpting of chaos champion is really nice

Killgore
07-09-2012, 11:00
I'm really liking the Chosen with Power Maul.

If I didnt already have two Dark Apostles for my Word Bearers I could see myself doing only minor conversions to make him one.

mojo jojo
07-09-2012, 12:05
Are the Dark angles and Chaos SM true scale now? I can't really tell, but they looked great. True scale as in legs and arms not too short, not the weapons...we all know GW weapons is always super sized.

mojo jojo
07-09-2012, 12:13
Are the Dark angles and Chaos SM true scale now? I can't really tell, but they looked great. True scale as in legs and arms not too short, not the weapons...we all know GW weapons is always super sized.

Kevlar
07-09-2012, 12:40

They are massive compared to the older models. The regular bolter chosen looks about twice as bulky as an old berzerker, his shoulder pads are taller than the berzerker's head, not counting the khorne horns.

Valorel
07-09-2012, 12:48
I find the chosen really excellent. They made me buy the box!

War Angel
07-09-2012, 20:52
Voted for the limited run Interrogator Chaplain. :cool:

But honorable mention to the Librarian for the force choke pose. :yes:

Fluxeor
08-09-2012, 01:34
Chaos Lord is my favourite mini in the set, but between him, the Chaplain, Librarian, the Chosen and Company Master.. I still can't decide what I want to paint first.... and I've had the set for a week.