PDA

View Full Version : 2k lizardmen, C&C plz

SteVieBizzLe
25-08-2012, 20:07
Hows this list? based it around the contents of the battalion.

==Lords==

Slaan - 400
-BSB
-3 disciplines
(loremaster)
(discard enemy 6's)
(free dice)

==Heroes==

Scar Veteran - 136
-Silver Armour
-Great Weapon

==Core==

40 Saurus Warriors - 470 (Scar Vet here)
-Full Command

7 Skink Skirmishers - 49

7 Skink Skirmishers - 49

7 Skink Skirmishers - 49

7 Skink Skirmishers - 49

7 Skink Skirmishers - 49

==Special==

20 Temple Guard - 355
-Full Command

5 Cold One Cavalry - 195
-Standard

5 Cold One Cavalry - 195
-Standard

Total - 1996

Thoughts?

Moss
25-08-2012, 20:36
Skink units are a minimum size of 10.

I would decrease the size of that saurus unit. You're paying a lot of points for back-rank models who likely will never get to attack; and if they do, it will only be with a single attack. I would take them at a maximum of 24. I would use those points to fill out your skink units and grab a salamander if you have the models.

SteVieBizzLe
25-08-2012, 20:50
Ok re think...

Same Slaan

Same Scar Vet

30 Saurus - 360
-Full Command

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

20 Temple Guard - 355
-Full Command

6 Cold one Cavalry - 230
-Standard

6 Cold One Cavalry - 230
-Standard

Leaves me with 9 points...

Moss
25-08-2012, 21:40
I'll assume you don't have many more models than what's listed, so I'll just say that you should think about adding salamanders and chameleons at some point soon.

Also, I don't know about the equipment on your scar-vet. You can easily reach a 2+ armor save without the armor. I would drop it for the Dragonhelm and a magic weapon/shield. Gives you way more bang for your buck. Personally, I would rather have him mounted and roaming, but if he stays on foot, consider my suggestion.

-Totenkopf-
25-08-2012, 21:44
What lore are you thinking?

Moss
26-08-2012, 03:52
What lore are you thinking?

Light would be a good choice here (as it usually is for LM). All those saurus are just asking for bubble augment spells. You'll always have at least one target for each of your spells.

Wbarobinson
27-08-2012, 04:25
I would take cupped hands on slann, otherwise one miscast and the temple guard unit is dead. If you do not take shadow, which is the only competitive lore (ogres are dominating the tournament scene), I would grab life to protect and ressurect TG. Also, great weapon scar vets are better than cold ones... Just field 3 mounted and either keep them to protect TG or add punch to SW. Amulet of Itzl on one, Charmed shield on another, armor of destiny on the last. Add a burning blade of chotec and sprinkle 1up armor saves on each... They are an incredible investment, kill monsters, chariots, protect blocks, kill mournfangs, etc. negating 4 armor is just too good for a poison and s4 army.

Moss
27-08-2012, 15:05
I would take cupped hands on slann, otherwise one miscast and the temple guard unit is dead.

I agree with this. Maybe I'm just bad at rolling dice, but I miscast at least once every game. I take Cupped Hands no matter what. Also, I'm not overly reckless when deciding how many dice to use; I very rarely use more than two or three dice.

dms505
27-08-2012, 16:19
On magic it really depends on whether you want buffs or debuffs. Life/Light or Shadow. basically you can try and Make your Saurus better than the other guy or use Shadow and make the other guy worse than your Saurus. As a Slaan you are looking at at least one Shadow spell that's fairly useless, (Steed) and Pit and pendulum which are not nearly as useful unless the enemy is 4 or lower Initiative which is about half the armies. However it seems to be THAT half that are being used most this edition. Also depends on the speed of your army getting to the enemy. If you want to roll up fast and get into a fight then Light or Shadow. If you want to outlast, Life. With Life you can also weather miscasts much easier whether it be using Throne of Vines or just ignoring miscasts and hoping you don't get the void roll, which is about a 1 in 20 chance. So if you had 1-3 miscasts per game the chances of him getting sucked into the void is still very low. if you take a S10 hit and a wound, who cares, next spell it's healed up. I tried Life and didn't care for it so I've been running Light. But Light works well for my build with 3 units of Saurus and 2 Stegs usually.

Also I tend to end up using cupped hands offensively. You get toss 6 dice at everything until you blow up the opponents caster this either scares them at least or kills him or blows up half his unit.

Desd
27-08-2012, 17:03
i agree cupped hands is must if your not going with life. life wouldn't be bad to regrow those expensive cold one cavalry.