PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Walker

thanoson
26-08-2012, 05:31
So, with dreads getting psychic abilities now, do you think it's time for the eldar Spirit Walkers to return? At least as a SC?

djhowitzer
26-08-2012, 07:58
to return? they must have happened while i was away from the hobby. what are they?
and what about the wraithseer?

Aryllon
26-08-2012, 08:57
They were mentioned in the 3++ Eldar rumour thread.

Although, not 100% sure what you mean. The rumour sounds more like an eldar knight construct, no mention of psychics. Ghost / spirit warriors evolved into wraithguard, no?

Unless of course Forgeworld make a Warlock Titan variant of the phantom, that would be awesome :)

Still Standing
26-08-2012, 11:05
FW have made the Wraithseer, which is basically a Warlock in a Wraithlord body.

thanoson
26-08-2012, 17:47
Spirit Warriors were psychic dreads from 1st edition. They had a mastery lvl of 3, but not as good as a Farseer. Ghost warriors are the ones that turned into wraithguard. I can see at least a SC wraithlord with one mastery lvl.

edit: Just realized I said walker and not Warrior. Oops.

Monospot
26-08-2012, 23:47
Pretty sure thats what the Wraithseer from FW embodies...

I am excited if Ghost/Spirit constructs make it back into this edition. Of course, not as excited as I would be if Knights came back...

chromedog
27-08-2012, 00:13
Ghost / spirit warriors evolved into wraithguard, no?

Ghost and spirit warriors were 1st ed eldar stuff.
Ghost warriors (little guys) which were stealthy assassin lone models with an emphasis on cc, morphed into wraithguard (shooty models).
Spirit warriors merged (spirit stone operated dreads) with dreadnoughts (piloted) to make "Wraithlords".
You used to get one ghost warrior in a blister with a spirit warrior - even though they WEREN'T a unit in that way - they were two separate units), but dreads came in a blister by themselves.

djhowitzer
27-08-2012, 08:39
i wish the wraithseer was like a warlock. that way she wouldnt have to take psychic tests.
the ability to use destructor would be nice - a slight bump from the flamers everyone carries on their wraithlords.
the ability to use conceal or enhance - say on wraithlords within 6" - would be even nicer.

of the new powers, the only one i use is fleet. i may use the pinning test one from time to time, but models susceptible to pinning are becoming less common

all that aside, the wraithseer is an absolute beast in close combat. i have played mine in about 10 games now, if it wasnt for the restrictions - got to take another hq, got to take some wraithguard - i would play her every game

OgreBattle
27-08-2012, 09:27
i have played mine in about 10 games now, if it wasnt for the restrictions - got to take another hq, got to take some wraithguard - i would play her every game

at 2k you get 2 FoC's, so you can run two wraithseers (but also require two other HQ's)
... and six wraithlords

Still Standing
27-08-2012, 11:36
i wish the wraithseer was like a warlock. that way she wouldnt have to take psychic tests.
the ability to use destructor would be nice - a slight bump from the flamers everyone carries on their wraithlords.
the ability to use conceal or enhance - say on wraithlords within 6" - would be even nicer.

of the new powers, the only one i use is fleet. i may use the pinning test one from time to time, but models susceptible to pinning are becoming less common

all that aside, the wraithseer is an absolute beast in close combat. i have played mine in about 10 games now, if it wasnt for the restrictions - got to take another hq, got to take some wraithguard - i would play her every game

My point was that it uses more offensive powers similarly to the Warlock does. Unlike the Farseer who generally use buff powers.

djhowitzer
27-08-2012, 15:15
what, you mean like doom, mind war and eldritch storm?

just teasing.

somehow the idea of 2 wraithseers seems wrong. 6 wraithlord on the other hand. . .

Still Standing
27-08-2012, 19:17
Mindwar and Eldritch storm are rarely taken, and doom is a... anti-buff? Whatever the word would be!

Hendarion
27-08-2012, 20:27
Oh hey. Yet another topic developed into Eldar-wishlisting.

Grentain
28-08-2012, 07:37
at 2k you get 2 FoC's, so you can run two wraithseers (but also require two other HQ's)
... and six wraithlords

Oh, yes, unfortunately to really take advantage of it you need to be over 2000 points. Also, I don't think you need two other HQs; it's just that your Wraithseer can't be the only HQ in the army.

In other news, I've already got this list written up and stored for a rainy day. ;D

thanoson
29-08-2012, 05:54
Oh hey. Yet another topic developed into Eldar-wishlisting.

As this is not rumors or the such, it's fine by me.