PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Exodite Army

Capussa
26-08-2012, 18:37
A couple of years ago I decided to build an Exodite army, I decided that I must include Dragon riders as they were the only Exodite unit that I know of to ever have had stats. I gave my self a few guide lines to start off with and proceeded to work out and build the army from there.

Guide lines
1> 1500 points as this is the general size of the ToS tournaments
2> All units to either be "Outcast" or easily maintained without the support of a craftworlds bone singers
3> All units to fulfill a role within the Exodite society, I see the Exodites as a nomadic, Hunter gather type society with minimal impact on the ecology of the planet who's wanderings would frequent the area around the planet's webway entrance.
4> Avoid vehicles as they do not fit my Exodite society concept

The Army List (Current until the next Craftworld Eldar codex)
HQ
Autarch on Dragon (Jetbike) with mandiblasters & Laser lance
Farseer with Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune, Guide

Elites
5 Striking Scorpions inc Exarch using Chainsabres
5 Harlequins with Troupe Master, Shadowseer, Death Jester & 2 Harlequins kiss'

Troops
5 Dire Avengers inc Exarch with 2 Avenger catapults & Bladestorm
11 Guardians inc Starcannon & Warlack with conceal
11 Storm Guardians inc fusion gun, flamer & Warlock with conceal
5 Rangers

Fast Attack
5 Swooping Hawks inc Exarch with sunrifle & Intercept
5 Dragon Riders (Shining Spears) inc Exarch with Skilled Rider

Heavy Support
Steggadon (Wraithlord) with Bite attack (Wraithblade), Breath weapon (flamer), Shuriken catapult & Starcannon

I will be doing close ups on some of the units over the next few days

Capussa
27-08-2012, 22:39
This is my unit of Storm Guardians which includes the first model i converted for the army single model, the kneeling one, years before doing any of the rest of the army. I have only base coated the models so far using Graveyard Earth for the armour, Brazen Brass for the weapons & the metal work on the horn.
My Farseer has been modeled as though he is in the process of using a power I am wanting to put something into his hands to emphasize this but haven't decided what to do as yet. For his Singing Spear I painted the Blade Ice Blue to make it and the model stand out from the rest of the army a little more. I am using Ice Blue on the blades of all the Singing Spears and Laser Lances in the army

Capussa
02-09-2012, 19:52
From when I played Eldar in 2nd ed 40k the Exodite Dragon Riders appealed to me but I never tried to build a unit of them, so when I decided on building this army I decided the Dragon Riders would be the centre of the Army.

I first planned the army before the plastic Dark Elf Coldone riders were made and spent a long time looking for affordable coldones. I had acquired a single metal coldone which I used as the mount for my Autarh, the plastic Dark Elf Coldones gave me an easy way of getting 5 coldones which I used for the Dragon Rider's mounts. To make the bodies of the Dragon Riders & the Autarch I used guardian, Dire Avenger & High Elf Silver Helm Parts, the painting was done using the same colour pallet as the Guardians and Farseer with the addition of Orange for the Dragon scales and skins

Capussa
08-09-2012, 18:52
To keep the Swooping Hawks to the same theme as the Dragon Riders and Stegadon I wanted them to be mounted on flying lizards, after searching for suitably sized and posed possibilities I choseto use tyranid gargoyles for the bodies. It took longer to figure out what to use for a more avian head than that of the gargoyle, in the end I used the suggestion of Saurus heads which I just need to create the necks using moddling putty.

Capussa
12-09-2012, 22:53
Following a test game I have reworked the army a little to include hit & run on the Dragon Riders. The revised list is below

HQ
Autarch on Dragon (Jetbike) with mandiblasters & Laser lance
Farseer with Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Doom, Fortune, Guide

Elites
5 Striking Scorpions inc Exarch using Chainsabres
5 Harlequins with Troupe Master, Shadowseer, Death Jester & 2 Harlequins kiss'

Troops
5 Dire Avengers inc Exarch with 2 Avenger catapults & Bladestorm
11 Guardians inc Starcannon & Warlock with conceal & Singing Spear
11 Storm Guardians inc fusion gun, flamer & Warlock with conceal
5 Rangers

Fast Attack
5 Swooping Hawks inc Exarch with Hawks Talon & Intercept
5 Dragon Riders (Shining Spears) inc Exarch with Skilled Rider & Withdraw

Heavy Support
Steggadon (Wraithlord) with Bite attack (Wraithblade), Breath weapon (flamer), Shuriken catapult & Scatter laser

This change requires a little remoddling of the Steggadon's howda to accomodate the scatter laser which I am converting from various elf bits I have.