PDA

View Full Version : Searching for and issue of white dwarf

Lavieth
27-08-2012, 03:32
Hello,

I'm looking for the issue number that had a featurette on the Deathwing. I believe this issue focused on 3 different armies all with conversions. I'm specifically interested in the commander figure that was created. Here is the link to the commander holding the sword. I think it's the issue with the release of the assault terminators box. Any help would be great!

Link: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ncYXLuICV_w/TOvYDjT0CzI/AAAAAAAAAN0/Jt1WZIKqLTk/s1600/DW.jpg

Thanks

stroller
27-08-2012, 07:46
If you google "white dwarf deathwing" there's a wiki including a number of wd issues where deathwing are referenced. Could be one of those?

AndrewGPaul
27-08-2012, 08:44
I hadn't seen that before; that's rather cool. Based on a Grey Knight terminator, and using Marneus Calgar's boltguns, yes?

Dryaktylus
27-08-2012, 14:14
Hadn't seen that before, too - great conversion. Bitz I recognize:

*Marneus Calgar's upper body
*Legs from a 3rd edition Grey Knight terminator
*Sword from a 3rd edition Grey Knight terminator
*Bolter ammunition from a heavy bolter?
*Head from the Tactical squad (with green-stuffed hair)

KidDiscordia
27-08-2012, 15:35
The original Article was called "From Concept to Reality". I have the arcticle but I removed it from the White Dwarf it was in so I can't help there although you may try USWD 311.

Noted Parts Breakdown: (These are the specific pieces called out, but there may be additional common bits not listed.)
Grandmaster Gabriel Stormwing
-Heavy Bolter Ammo Belts (metal)
-Grey Knight Legs (metal)
-Catain Stern's Sword
-Marneus Calgar Body
-High Elf plastic helmet Wings
-Ultramarine honor guard Bolter with Crux Terminatus from Tyrus's Sprue

Lavieth
27-08-2012, 18:16
Thanks everyone.

He is really cool and the article broke it down really well

Lord Damocles
27-08-2012, 18:41
The original Article was called "From Concept to Reality". I have the arcticle but I removed it from the White Dwarf it was in so I can't help there although you may try USWD 311.
GameHobby.net confirms US issue 311 (http://www.gamehobby.net/white_dwarf_magazine/white_dwarf_311.html).

Worth noting for anyone thinking of hunting this article down that it only appeared in the US version.

alexh
27-08-2012, 18:57
Does anyone have a link to that article online anywhere?

Lavieth
28-08-2012, 15:45
Which is a shame, I have tried to locate a pdf file of issue 311, but I can only get a copy of the UK version. Could anyone who has that article scan the conversion page?