PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle/Slaanesh daemons 2500 points

Fist full of Pills
27-08-2012, 22:48
Here is my first attempt at a daemons list. This is a non tourney list. Basicly looking for a theme and a fun to play list without getting my butt stomped to bad. I havent played fantasy in almost a year so here it is:

GUO: Level 3, Trappings of nurgle, Slime trail

Herald of Nurgle: Stream of bile, Slime trail

Herald of Slaanesh: Level 1, Many armed monstrosity (I already have a four armed model for her)

20 Plaguebearers: Full command, Standard of seeping decay

20 Daemonettes: Full command

10 Seekers: Full command, Siren standard

4 Nurgling swarms

2 Beasts of Nurgle

That puts me at 2135 points. Having some trouble on were to go from here. More Plaguebears? Fiends? Add a unit of Bloodletters? Battle standard bearer?

Jind_Singh
28-08-2012, 05:06
I would add a Slaanesh chariot and some Fiends - as well as a small unit of Furies - keep the 2 Gods - don't bring more into the mix yet!!!

Fist full of Pills
28-08-2012, 14:58
I missed out on the new rules for the chariot has it change greatly from the army book?

purge the daemon
28-08-2012, 20:50
Huge rule changes actually plus in the book are the new screamers flamers 3 different chariot types and the soul grinder. Any daemons player should get that white dwarf.

Fist full of Pills
02-09-2012, 21:33
did someplay testing and tweeking. Now standing at 2995 points:

Ku'gath

Herald of Nurgle: Palanquin, BSB w/ Banner of unholy victory

Herald of Tzeentch: Disc, Master of sorcery (Life), Spell breaker

Herald of Slaanesh: Etherblade

30 Plaguebearers: Full command, Standard of seeping decay

30 Daemonettes: Full command

10 Furies

4 Nurgling swarms

15 Seekers: Full command, Siren standard

3 Beasts of nurgle

What do you think?

Fist full of Pills
17-09-2012, 01:16
And some more play testing. Once again 3000 points. Tell me what you think, this list or more of the above.
GUO: LV 1, Balesword, Noxious vapours or breath
Herald of Nurgle: Palanquin, BSB w/ Great icon of despair
Herald of Tzeentch: LV 2, Disc, Mastery of sorcery, Spell breaker
30 Plaguebearers: Full command w/ Standard of seeping decay
15 Seekers: Full command w/ Siren standard
5 Nurgling swarms (love the new models)
3 Fiends
Soul grinder: Phlegm bombardment

mo-man
17-09-2012, 15:22
if your gonna take the herald on a palenquin why not just take epidermus(sp). Try to stick to 2 god's though I know adding a tzeentch herald is good because of the magic it gives you but it will be a lot easier.

Fist full of Pills
22-09-2012, 03:38
ok a new 3000 points list(hope this will do it). Almost back on theme:

Ku’gath
Herald of Nurgle: Stream of bile, BSB w/ banner of unholy victory
Epidemius
Herald of Tzeentch: LV 2, Disc, Mastery of sorcery, Spell breaker (No way im dropping this guy)
30 Plaguebearers: Full command w/ Standard of seeping decay
15 Seekers: Full command w/ Siren standard
4 Nurgling swarms
2 Fiends
2 Beasts of Nurgle

Bring_Back_Chaos_Dwarfs?
22-09-2012, 04:28
At 3000 pts I feel a spell breaker is really needed. It's really hard to keep with fluff sometimes or with only one (or two!) chaos god(s). Daemons definitely don't lack for quality of BSB standards, (Great Icon of Despair and Banner of Unholy Victory are my favorites :evilgrin:) - but if you find yourself still having trouble against magic with this list try the Standard of Sundering if you haven't already. It's a huge boon when you aren't running a level 4. You can also try out a level 4 GUO. You should have the points for the balesword, 4 levels and noxious vapors at 3000 pts. You'll have to cut out some other stuff, but it could be worth it. Dang, high points games - you really get to stack those powers up.

Fist full of Pills
22-09-2012, 04:42
At 3000 pts I feel a spell breaker is really needed. It's really hard to keep with fluff sometimes or with one chaos god. Daemons definitely don't lack for quality of BSB standards, (Great Icon of Despair and Banner of Unholy Victory are my favorites :evilgrin:) - but if you find yourself still having trouble against magic with this list try the Standard of Sundering if you haven't already. It's a huge boon when you aren't running a level 4. You can also try out a level 4 GUO. You should have the points for the balesword, 4 levels and noxious vapors at 3000 pts. You'll have to cut out some other stuff, but it could be worth it. Dang, high points games - you really get to stack those powers up.

Thanks for the feed back. Yeah just after posting that last list I wanted to drop the BSB all together and just give that herald a palanquin instead. I mean how cool would that be epi and another herald riding in on some nurglings leading a horde of plaguebearers, I guess thats just me. Also I keep going back and forth with a GUO and ku'gath. I love ku'gath's shooting for my army but he just cost to much. I dont know...

craig1979
27-09-2012, 14:49
I run a pure nurgle list and its very good fun what with all the poison attacks and high toughness models. The only other suggestions could make is maybe drop the daemonettes down to 20 and play around with the points to include a couple of extra beasts of nurgle (brutal in combat especially f you have a habit like me of rolling 5s and 6s for there 6 or 7 attacks with poision) and if your opponents agreed you could include some of the forge world plague toads maybe? (great models)