PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Banner Stickers?

Glenn87
29-08-2012, 20:33
I remember back in the days, you had blisters with banner flags (as stickers) for Space marines.
Does anyone know how many were in such a blister??
I'm looking for the BA ones, so if anyone also knows WICH exact ones are in there??

I recently bought Captain Tycho and the DC Chaplain, and they came with a banner sticker.

Beppo1234
30-08-2012, 01:37
I remember these, but I couldn't tell you which got individual blister treatment. I always found they were a bit difficult to get folded over properly. I preferred waiting for a White Dwarf, and cutting the banner out of the magazine. I'm sure I have a whole bunch of them still, packed away in the bottom of my transfer box. Ah... those days when scanners were still prohibitively expensive. Now that they, and digi cameras, and the infonet, are common place, the hobby has moved on to sculpted banners. Mildly ironic.

Glenn87
04-09-2012, 11:52
yeah, but I've got a few older Marines (with the Older character backpack) here, and I'd like to give them a banner. I'm not that good at freehands so... :)

the1stpip
04-09-2012, 13:46
Then do an internet search for Space Marine Banners.

http://wh40k.ei8ht.net/hangar-8_sm.htm
http://www.ultramarines.nl/download.htm
http://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/librarium/librarium_intro.htm

For just a quick glance.

DaBigNob
04-09-2012, 16:33
yeah, but I've got a few older Marines (with the Older character backpack) here, and I'd like to give them a banner. I'm not that good at freehands so... :)

LOL I have a terminator librarian that I painted back in the mid 90s that to this day still has a naked banner pole!

sprugly
04-09-2012, 17:42
Yeah i had tons of guys with empty banner poles when I was a younger fella. Lol I don't really use banners at all now.

Sprugly

Beppo1234
05-09-2012, 01:00

as the1stpip and I have said, we are now in the age of the infonet and quality printers, as well as scanners. Google or scan some banners you like, print them out, and glue them on. I've done this a lot in the past. The only thing you'll have to do is paint the backside of the paper, but that gives it a little more strength when dried.

S_A_T_S
05-09-2012, 01:15
I bought a pack of those in the old days. Pretty sure it was 3 banners in the blister, for something like 1.50 (maybe less - it was either banners or transfers that were less than 1. Yes, younglings, Games Workshop once, in the far distant past, sold some products, in blisters, for LESS than 1!). I stuck mine on my two 2nd ed boxed set sergeants and the last on my original metal BA captain. I prefer the plastic banners now, as they actually have shape, and I can keep them the same colours with little effort. I find sticking a decent sized transfer on gives a good, simple banner [shameless plug] see my plog for some examples [/shameless plug].

However, I can see that with some design effort on a computer, a decent printer and a little work shaping and treating the paper to hold it's shape could produce excellent results. Sadly, I have neither 'shop skills, a decent printer or the patience to do any of that.