PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Host of Quetzl 2kPts.

Kroxhandler
10-05-2006, 00:01
Heroes:
1 Oldblood (Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Jaguar Charm, Aura of Quetzl, Quetzl, Tepok, Sotek) 262 pts
1 Priest (lvl.2, Diadem, Quetzl) 140 pts
1 Priest (lvl.1, Cube 'O Darkness, Quetzl) 110 pts
1 Priest (lvl.1, 2xDispel Scroll, Quetzl) 120 pts

Core:
2 Jungle Swarms 120 pts
10 Skink Skirmishers (Scouts, Blowpipes, Quetzl) 75 pts
13 Skink Skirmishers (Javelins&Shields, Quetzl) 83 pts

Special:
3 Terradons 105 pts
3 Terradons 105 pts
3 Kroxigors 174 pts
5 Saurus Cavalry (Standard, Musician) 205 pts

Rare:
2 Salamander Hunting Packs 130 pts

2000pts, PD/DD: 6/6, 95 models.

....Points seem to run out pretty fast...would really want to kit the cavalry with a nice banner, or run 2 bare units of cavalry. Maybe just take one unit of Terradons( 5 models). Or replace the Oldblood with a regular Scar-veteran. Or swap a Priest for a scouting Chief with feathers. Or maybe.....well, there is lots of tweaking possible for this list, not sure where to start.:(

The basic idea with this list is to use the increased protection for skinks to offer a good carpet of fodder to protect the heavy hitters. Jungle swarms for stopping elite units and/or chariots/cavalry in their tracks. Kroxigors for smashing knights and chariots, Terradons for taking out war machines and nibbling at expensive enemy units, Swordmasters are their preferred food:evilgrin:) Saurus Cavalry combined with Kroxigors and/or JSOD to smack infantry blocks. JSOD rather multipurposed, chases everything from enemy heros, knights to warmachines, anything without a standard and ranks. Priests mostly geared towards magic defense, using the diadem to pull in another 2 Power Dice changes that. 4 Spells total with a maximum of 8 , minimum of 4 PD. Dark Hand of Death not to bad as a default spell, rest is rather mediocre at supporting this army. Depending on opponent some spells could be useful but magic isn't the strongest asset here. Fast hardhitters and lots of skirmishers are.

Anyone with some constructive criticism, feel free to throw in some suggestions, I'm usually quite stubborn but don't let that stop you.:p

patataman
10-05-2006, 00:12
beter drop 1salamander hunter pack and the kroxigors, then bost the oter salamander to 3 and buy anoter saurus cavarly and have 34 point more to spend in warbaner or somting for yur cavarly

PD: But sorry is a realy strong list but a realy boring army -_- to play and to play against:P

Kroxhandler
10-05-2006, 01:03
beter drop 1salamander hunter pack and the kroxigors, then bost the oter salamander to 3 and buy anoter saurus cavarly and have 34 point more to spend in warbaner or somting for yur cavarly

PD: But sorry is a realy strong list but a realy boring army -_- to play and to play against:P

How come you want one unit of 3 Salamanders instead of 2 units of 2? Any reasons beyond the points? Can't really say I see many instances where 3 Salamanders do a drastically better job than 2 can.

I can see why someone would be bored with this list, there isn't much to do besides dodging combat and pinching with the cavalry and Kroxigors. Guerilla style tactics. I know many Wood Elves lists tend to end up this way, lots of cavalry and shooting but not much else. Strong but boring. Sticking a unit of Saurus Warriors in there might even things out but not add much to the army. Maybe throw some units and the Oldblood out for a 4th gen. Slann with Temple Guards? A whole different list.

I'm actually impressed by the way you've put it, I think you managed to misspell about half of the words. Just some friendly advice, check out the 'Spell Check' button next to the 'Preview Post' button. It's free and (mostly) painless. ;)

patataman
10-05-2006, 01:42
How come you want one unit of 3 Salamanders instead of 2 units of 2? Any reasons beyond the points? Can't really say I see many instances where 3 Salamanders do a drastically better job than 2 can.

I can see why someone would be bored with this list, there isn't much to do besides dodging combat and pinching with the cavalry and Kroxigors. Guerilla style tactics. I know many Wood Elves lists tend to end up this way, lots of cavalry and shooting but not much else. Strong but boring. Sticking a unit of Saurus Warriors in there might even things out but not add much to the army. Maybe throw some units and the Oldblood out for a 4th gen. Slann with Temple Guards? A whole different list.

I'm actually impressed by the way you've put it, I think you managed to misspell about half of the words. Just some friendly advice, check out the 'Spell Check' button next to the 'Preview Post' button. It's free and (mostly) painless. ;)

I think 3 salamander its just fine xD but is your desicion xD
And dont missundertandme, I have play alot agains tis list and isreali hard to beat and the kroxigor are the lees stronguer xD specialy if is a group of 3 (that is me experience whit the rat ogres :P)
I think Saurus is a reali good unittey arenīt so fast like the skink but they are stronguer in HtH.

PD: For the gramar.....sorry (I gona put this on mi signature xD) Iīm a spanish player :P sorry T_T

RdDragon5
10-05-2006, 03:30
The pack of 3 salies helps if you charge/get charged, those 3 big bases help to keep the skinks from ending up as easy combat points for your opponent. I don't know if you really need 3 priest in there though. I just played a game facing 3 damsels, and 2 lv2s with scroll caddy and diadem held off the worst of the magic (and my lord didn't have topek). (Him rolling bad helped too.) You've already got 2 scouting skink units that should be able to take care of any artillery (never underestimate a skink charging a crew). So if your looking for somewhere to cut back, the terradons seems good place to start. Between the 2 terradon squads, and priest you should be able to get a second unit of saurus cav, with musician, and standard with the +d6 move banner. Thats all I can think off for now, so good luck, and let us know how it plays.

Kroxhandler
10-05-2006, 10:34
The pack of 3 salies helps if you charge/get charged, those 3 big bases help to keep the skinks from ending up as easy combat points for your opponent. I don't know if you really need 3 priest in there though. I just played a game facing 3 damsels, and 2 lv2s with scroll caddy and diadem held off the worst of the magic (and my lord didn't have topek). (Him rolling bad helped too.) You've already got 2 scouting skink units that should be able to take care of any artillery (never underestimate a skink charging a crew). So if your looking for somewhere to cut back, the terradons seems good place to start. Between the 2 terradon squads, and priest you should be able to get a second unit of saurus cav, with musician, and standard with the +d6 move banner. Thats all I can think off for now, so good luck, and let us know how it plays.

Hmm....good point. But the extra sallie only works when getting charged, you always need to maximise the number of models in BtB. Charging forces you to take skinks in the middle and a sallie on each corner. Getting charged, with a sallie being the contacted models often allows you to pack fewer skinks in the front lines. I'm a bit anxious to keep my Hunting Packs out of combat, have had some bad experiences with them. Keeping them out of harm's way and lurking at the flanks seems to work the best for me.

Maybe 3 Priests is a bit much but I usually go up against High Elves, sometimes with a bucketload of mages. Tzeentch also happens to be one of my regular opponents, let's not get started about how many spells they get. Against anything other than those two I agree, 2 usually is enough.

Terradons actually might need a slight trim, do you find unit of 3 or 5 to be the most effective?

The latest edition:
Heroes:
1 Oldblood (Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Jaguar Charm, Aura of Quetzl, Quetzl, Tepok, Sotek) 262 pts
1 Priest (lvl.2, Diadem, Quetzl) 140 pts
1 Priest (lvl.2, Cube 'O Darkness, Quetzl) 110 pts
1 Priest (lvl.1, 2xDispel Scroll, Quetzl) 120 pts

Core:
2 Jungle Swarms 120 pts

Special:
3 Terradons 105 pts
3 Kroxigors 174 pts
6 Saurus Cavalry (Standard,War Banner, Champion) 275 pts

Rare:

2000pts, PD/DD: 7/6, 93 models.

Upped one Priest to lvl.2, dropped a unit of Terradons, upped the Cavarly to 6 models with War Banner and Champion.

RdDragon5
10-05-2006, 14:24
I've only used a unit of 3 terradons before so I don't know how well 5 will do compared to that.

But WHOA there, you gave your saurus cav the war banner and a champion :confused: Drop the champion, he's to expencive for the +1 attack, and people do nasty things with chalanges. Best bang for your buck is: 6 sausus cav, musician, standard with 40p magic banner that lets you move +d6 inches once per game.

Believe me that +d6" on the magic phase is amazing. March the unit toward one of your opponents, but wheeling them like you are trying to charge the flank in the next turn (try to be 1-2" (or more if your feeling lucky) away). Then in the magic phase use the banner and BAM flank charge with no way to stop it (can't dispel, can't flee).

Kroxhandler
10-05-2006, 15:57
I've only used a unit of 3 terradons before so I don't know how well 5 will do compared to that.

But WHOA there, you gave your saurus cav the war banner and a champion :confused: Drop the champion, he's to expencive for the +1 attack, and people do nasty things with chalanges. Best bang for your buck is: 6 sausus cav, musician, standard with 40p magic banner that lets you move +d6 inches once per game.

Believe me that +d6" on the magic phase is amazing. March the unit toward one of your opponents, but wheeling them like you are trying to charge the flank in the next turn (try to be 1-2" (or more if your feeling lucky) away). Then in the magic phase use the banner and BAM flank charge with no way to stop it (can't dispel, can't flee).

I usually stick to 3 Terradons as well, though I've heard some prefer 5 so they can stand losing a model or two and still be 'effective'.

The extra 20pts spent on the champion for the Cavalry is mostly because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I'm aware of the Huanchi Banner, used it a couple of times myself, I just want to make sure I win any combat I commit to. War Banner is a bit cheaper, not as expected, and will tilt the odds my way. Of course hitting an enemy unit in the flank will also accrue some critical CR but this is a more direct approach. More importantly it can be used over and over, probably the Huanchi Banners only weakness. If it doesn't work as well as I'd hope I'm switching back to the Huanchi Banner.