PDA

View Full Version : Astartes Battle Fortress

_Chimaera
02-09-2012, 14:55
This was mentioned in the Hobbit post under the 40k Rumour section.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349410-HUGE-40k-(-amp-Hobbit)-release-list

Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Defence Wall Plastic- box (land raider size)
Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Tower / Pillar of Heroes Plastic- box (land raider size)
Space Marine Astartes Battle Fortress Monastery Plastic- box (oversize)

I was just wondering if anyone had any more info on this.

I have to admit I really hope this comes soon. It sounds exactly what I have been wishing for. A modular generic Astartes defensive position sounds right up my street and maybe they may have even more components for it in the future than the 3 listed.

Strangely I got a fairly straight answer from a member of GW staff when I picked up my copy of DV yesterday.

When I queried them on this product they actually referenced the the Hobbit post/list and actually said they considered the list a real release schedule as normally GW send them an internal communication rubbishing the rumour like they did for the fake 6th edition.

I am also liking the sound of an Ork fort.

Anyway again if anyone has any tidbits? Let us know.

Firaxin
03-09-2012, 02:06
Ork Gun Fortress / Mega Tellyporta Plastic- box (land raider size)
<snip>
Ork Klan Fort Plastic- box (land raider size)
<snip>
Eldar Webway Gate Plastic- box (land raider size)
<snip>
Tau Empire Nautilus Defence Platform Plastic- box (land raider size) - divergent affixes: 3
Xenos terrain!!! :D :D :D

As for the Astartes Battle Fortress, I dunno. It sounds like a generic version of the Fortress of Redemption.

Dolly Parton
03-09-2012, 02:12
I think it's meant to be the seperate components of the Fortress of Redemption.

VendableFall
03-09-2012, 03:18
I think it's meant to be the seperate components of the Fortress of Redemption.

this

i have to lengthen my post to make the word count

Chem-Dog
03-09-2012, 03:35
Yeah, as far as the general consensus goes, it's the three sections of the FoR.
I hope not.

If it is, it will be a pretty impressive price increase should you have to buy all three to make a whole FoR (assuming the whole thing becomes unavailable and the kits are priced according to box size).

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2012, 03:46
I doubt it is the Fortress of Redemption parts. They don't separate out on the sprues nearly that cleanly- the tower sides and bunker annexes share a sprue that is repeated several times. The bunkers and walls of the FOR are not complete unless they are attached to one another.

My guess, if it is real, is a pair of new kits- A defense wall and bunker with a turret sort of like a cross between an aegis defense line and the FOR bunker. Then a large bastion with generic sculpting that is a cross between the Imperial Bastion and the tower on the FoR. Finally, the Fortress Monastary kit would be just a combo-box with say one tower and 2 sets of walls. Like the Imperial Strongpoint set or the Imperial City box.

ForgottenLore
03-09-2012, 06:09
My guess, if it is real,

an important point to emphasize, since Hastings said the list was bogus, although he didn't completely rule out SOME things on it being real, I doubt he was talking about any of the terrain.

TheDungen
03-09-2012, 14:25
could be a recut if they think they'll earn enough money by breaking it up to justify it.

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2012, 15:01
If they were going to go through the effort to recut the FoR to make the sections separate, they would be better served just sculpting a new kit that is actually Space Marines focused and not Dark angels specific.

For visual reference of the FoR sprues:

You get 2 of these:

4 of these:

And 1 each of these two.

If the Astartes Battle happens, it will not be a split up Fortress of Redemption. It may be compatible with it, but it will be a new kit.

Fugazi
03-09-2012, 16:46
Another source (per reds8n) also called shenanigans on that list:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?351463-About-that-list-of-minis

I agree, it'd be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not saying it wouldn't make sense for GW to make one. After all, it seems like they're trying to emphasize new fliers and terrain in 6th (as they've emphasized tanks in previous editions to move sales accordingly). I will consider it a wonderful surprise if they do end up making one.

_Chimaera
03-09-2012, 18:39
Thanks for input guys.

Still weird the the person at GW said they never got an E-mail saying the list was fake or maybe someone who works for GW on here confirm one way or the other.

The GW person was amazingly forward & also mentioned they would soon be moving on and had nothing to hide/lose. Even more credible as I had a Bastion double pack in my hand & their comment made my decision not to buy at the moment for me, which they didn't seem that fussed about.

I also remember someone posting a couple of months back before the list to expect some scenery around Christmas although they may not have been referencing the ABF?

If the ABF is on route I really hope it's a generic modular design. While the FoR is nice piece I am not keen on the DA branding even though I like DA. It's also not modular.

Hopefully something may spill out of the rumour mill on the ABF. It's what I have been yearning for. You listening GW :)

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2012, 22:49
The list, if it is true, is supposed to start June of next year. I forgot where the ABF was on the list, but it could be as far as 2-3 years out.

_Chimaera
04-09-2012, 16:44
Ooooooooooooo June 2013 at the soonest would be a nasty wait LOL.

The ABF seemed to be mid down the original list so hopefully that doesn't mean 2 years min :(

Maybe there is no info out there now but just maybe this post will have generated some interest and the Bothan's may come back with something in due course.

I do wish I could remember which post it was in, but someone did mention a big scenery hit coming for this Christmas. I will cross my fingers this was factual and that it may be at least the first couple of modules for the ABF.

Beppo1234
05-09-2012, 09:46
If they were going to go through the effort to recut the FoR to make the sections separate, they would be better served just sculpting a new kit that is actually Space Marines focused and not Dark angels specific.

For visual reference of the FoR sprues:

You get 2 of these:

4 of these:

And 1 each of these two.

If the Astartes Battle happens, it will not be a split up Fortress of Redemption. It may be compatible with it, but it will be a new kit.

yeah, I always had issue with the way the sprues were arranged for the FOR. It made it pretty much impossible to buy just a bunker section worth of sprue. We discussed this earlier, and I posted a pic of what I did with 2 FORs. Simply made 2 of the Bunker units, with a bridging wall between the two. It took some careful cutting, but it worked out perfectly.

I hope the Adeptus Battle Fortress is a compatible set of smaller kits which can be used to augment the existing kit.