PDA

View Full Version : Dark Vengeance - wrong sprues inside

rabblerouser
03-09-2012, 04:21
Has anyone had this issue? I have a duplicate of the hellbrute sprue and I am missing all the dark angel characters.

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2012, 04:58
Contact GW, they ought to send a replacement box. Be happy at the extra chaos chosen, lord, and hellbrute.

Starchild
03-09-2012, 15:40
You got a copy of the rumoured Chaos-only starter set! :p

The good news is that you may be in for a customer service treat from GW. Don't forget to give them the code found on one of the edges of the box lid. It helps them find the servitor responsible for the mistake.

StraightSilver
03-09-2012, 15:47
I seem to remember reading on another thread somewhere that somebody had to open 3 sets of DV just to get enough sprues for the complete set, so I don't think you're the only one.

I am panicking now as I haven't opened mine yet...

MajorWesJanson
03-09-2012, 16:04
Well, it isn't like there is a bad sprue in the DV box, so don't worry about it.

brionl
03-09-2012, 21:07
Contact GW, they ought to send a replacement box. Be happy at the extra chaos chosen, lord, and hellbrute.

They stopped doing that "send a whole new box" thing quite a while ago.
You're best bet would be to take it back where you got it, or call the store if you ordered it online.

kafrique
03-09-2012, 21:13
If you call, they typically will send you the missing sprue without asking you to send them the duplicate. Consider yourself fortunate.

Aceface
03-09-2012, 22:51
2 hell brutes I'd be happy with that .

LordofPleasure
04-09-2012, 13:50
I would send photos to GW asking replacement unless you can exchange the sprue to someone that doesnt need it

Mauler
04-09-2012, 14:45
My DV was fine: two DA/Cultist sprues, one DA characters & one Chaos characters. There's not too much of a reason to panic... :)

MajorWesJanson
04-09-2012, 14:51
Yeah, it's just statistics. And squeaky wheel syndrome. Most boxes are fine, but a few unlucky people get a messed up box and comment on it. The ones who get perfectly fine boxes are busy commenting on the models or playing.

As for the people who did get messed up boxes, sorry for the hassle, but enjoy the extra stuff once you get the right replacements.

loveless
04-09-2012, 16:06
I always quietly hope for my box to include the wrong sprues just so I get some free tester models. "Sadly" the last mistake I had was the wrong instruction sheet in a Canoptek Spyder box. My Dark Vengeance was perfectly fine (and utterly beautiful as far as minis go - even the somewhat iffy Chaplain looks 100% better in the flesh).

Mauler
07-09-2012, 14:55
I agree, he certainly does! :)

Lothlanathorian
07-09-2012, 17:15
I always quietly hope for my box to include the wrong sprues just so I get some free tester models.

:shifty:

I do the same thing.

Also, I'm glad to hear everything in the box looks good. I've been very apprehensive about getting it due to the price and not being too keen on the models, but, I haven't seen them in-hand yet.

warhammered_40k
08-09-2012, 12:14
I haven't had any problems here. Everything was supplied in the correct amounts and amply I think for the price point. The models are just amazing on top of it all!!!

Mikial
10-09-2012, 01:21
You're best bet would be to take it back where you got it, or call the store if you ordered it online.

Actually, anytime I've a single piece missing from a fig pack in the past couple of years, they have always just sent a whole nem pack.

Badruk
10-09-2012, 01:25
Actually, anytime I've a single piece missing from a fig pack in the past couple of years, they have always just sent a whole nem pack.

Depends of what is missing. But lately they started to send only the missing piece.
Lot of people were trying to get free kit...

Sacred
10-09-2012, 01:49
My DV was missing the Librarian/Bike DA sprue and my local store were happy to exchange when I took it back so if you can get to a GW store you'll be able to get a replacement box in hand, check it over before leaving the store and not have to wait almost a week for postage!

MajorWesJanson
10-09-2012, 14:28
Hmm. Is it just me, or are there like 4 extra marine backpacks in the set? I have all the backpacks on my guys and have some left over.

madden
10-09-2012, 16:10
I thought that then remembered the bikers need one as well.

loveless
10-09-2012, 16:22
I thought that then remembered the bikers need one as well.

Same here - I thought it was a nice variety touch and then...bikers...

Given I didn't even think about it, it made attaching the backpack to the assembled Ravenwing sergeant...interesting...:shifty:

ashyyan
24-02-2014, 19:07
188009hi guys, can you please advise if I am lucky, or not? The initial idea was to play as chaos, not to choose SMarines

Menthak
24-02-2014, 22:47
188009hi guys, can you please advise if I am lucky, or not? The initial idea was to play as chaos, not to choose SMarines

Not too lucky I'd say, you've got three sets of completely identical models. They're nice models, but three sets might look a bit odd on the field.

Surgency
25-02-2014, 01:41

Unless its a large retailer, or the store deals in bits, they'll send you back to GW, as most non-GW stores can't return product to GW

Felwether
25-02-2014, 02:27
Unless its a large retailer, or the store deals in bits, they'll send you back to GW, as most non-GW stores can't return product to GW

Really? Haven't been selling it very long but any time I've had an issue with a GW product they've either credited me immediately or sent out a replacement kit.

Surgency
25-02-2014, 02:37
It might be different in different locations, or with different account types.

My local stores (in the US) can't return product to GW for credit, so the purchasers have to contact GW directly.

totgeboren
25-02-2014, 11:30
Hope they are nice to you and send you a new box. Back when GW closed down their Bitz service, I had ordered I think it was 12 Ork Nob heads, but since they shut down the bitz service they couldn't deliver, so they sent me 2 boxes of metal ork Nobs (this was before the plastic Nobs were released) and a box of plastic Ork bikers, since that gave me 12 nob heads. All for the price of 12 Nob heads. :)

Beppo1234
25-02-2014, 15:12

nonsense... absolute nonsense. They don't send out individual part replacement, and still send out a whole new replacement box.

the only time they stopped doing the 'whole new box thing' was when they were dropping the ball hard on Finecast. I have a buddy who has 5 or 6 of the LE BA captain, and Crimson Fist captain, each, because when they arrived at his door, the quality was so low that he asked for a proper one... the replacement that showed up was worse than the first... then got another, and another, and another. So they capped replacements for Finecrap... but I've never seen them deny a replacement for a plastic or metal kit that was short parts or mispacked.

call GW, give them the product code on the box, they'll send you a whole new one.

Tomxj
25-02-2014, 17:35
I recently got a chimera sprue with a forge world Leman russ. They sent me a replacement asap. So now i got a spare Chimera hull kicking around! result!
I also had extra parts for a DDK filtration kit packed in.

The limited Skaven Warlord I have has two heads!

My Spacehulk came with a broken genestealer on one of the sprues and the replaced the whole frame too!

If anything GW is really good at compensating for this sort of thing.

Cpt. Pain
25-02-2014, 23:35
GW customer services are actually very good. If you ring them up and quote the serial number off the box, they usually send out entire replacements kits free of charge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beppo1234
25-02-2014, 23:41
it is awesome though, that you got a fully chaotic box. Might be a really efficient way for GW to avoid phasing out the sprue, while phasing out the DV starter box. Divide the marine and chaos stuff from DV up, and recycle it in individual starter boxes for Dark Angels and another for Chaos marines. Those sprues have the best value to gw customers than anything else on 40k menu today I think. It'd suck for them to do away with the sprue.

Codsticker
27-02-2014, 01:50
Dead thread must stay dead!:mad:

Codsticker

The Warseer Mod Squad