PDA

View Full Version : Help - Identifing a mini

Virmathious
05-09-2012, 18:40
I have been in search of something different to use a Vargulf in my vamps army, i came accross a mini that at 1st i thought was a conversion but after speaking to my local gaming group everyone thinks it is the original model of the vargulf. after a few searches nothing turned up. So i come to you warseer, can you provide me with a name/place to buy one?

cyberspite
05-09-2012, 19:40
Well its certainly not the original varghulf, there has only ever been 1 varghulf model and it's the current one.

It's not GW, not sure what company it is from though, but I'm sure someone will know.

StygianBeach
05-09-2012, 20:16
That looks like a Wolfen from Confrontation. Although it may be a Koborlas of the Nornwood from Reaper mini. If I were to bet I would say Wolfen though.

Urgat
05-09-2012, 20:28
Confrontation Wolfen it is:
http://www.videostoreonline.it/portale/videoteca_1/prodotti.php?IdCat=11&IdSito=11

Delicious Ron
05-09-2012, 20:29
Google "Wolfen Varghar", seems to be a special edition model from Rackhams confrontation line, from their "wulfen" army. With the state of Rackham at the moment it might be tough to get your hands on.

Edit: Damn you Urgat! Foiled again :cries:

Virmathious
05-09-2012, 20:55
Thanks guys, this is brilliant. Now to find some way of hiding its true origens when I go to GW based tournaments......

Urgat
05-09-2012, 22:03
Google "Wolfen Varghar", seems to be a special edition model from Rackhams confrontation line, from their "wulfen" army. With the state of Rackham at the moment it might be though to get your hands on.

Edit: Damn you Urgat! Foiled again :cries:

Hah!
As for Rackham, they're dead. Legacy Miniatures are trying to resurect the range, but if you're complaining about GW's pricing policy, wait till you've seen THEIRS. Sure the minis are still stunning, but that kind of prices, they're out of their minds. The best bet to get Confrontation minis for an acceptable price is Ebay. I got a few like that myself.

Bob Arctor
05-09-2012, 22:21
Thanks guys, this is brilliant. Now to find some way of hiding its true origens when I go to GW based tournaments......

If you want something you can take to GW tournaments, have you considered the Forge World Skin Wolves? The look pretty similar to the picture you posted.....
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/SKIN-WOLVES.html

Beastlord
05-09-2012, 22:55
That model was a limited edition... Not sure they'll bring it out again. It's a great model (though not great in game) but not really in the style of Vampire Counts. You might find one on e-bay...

Virmathious
05-09-2012, 23:27
I have 3 on watch from Ebay. Im doing a creatures of the night theme to my VC's, I had a look at the skin wolves but theres something about them i just dont like.