PDA

View Full Version : ETC Tournament at the local gaming club.

Toshiro
10-09-2012, 08:14
Hideho my fellow warseerites! :D

The time has come for a 2400pts tournament at our local gaming club following the ETC restrictions. It will be a one day event featuring four games and I will be attending it will my Orcs & Goblins! :D

I've posted up a poll of how you think I'll do in the event and batreps will be posted if my opponents agree to me taking pictures! :D

We'll be playing with semi-open lists and this is the list I'll be using (posted minus hidden things, some of my opponents frequent these forums :shifty:)

Lords
Orc Warboss
Additional hand weapon

Night Goblin Great Shaman
Level 4

Heroes
Orc Big Boss
Battle standard bearer, shield, light armour

Night Goblin Shaman

Night Goblin Shaman

Core
50x Goblins
Standard bearer, musician, shields, short bows

49x Night Goblins
Standard bearer, musician, nets

49x Night Goblins
Standard bearer, musician, short bows, nets

49x Night Goblins
Standard bearer, musician, spears, nets

20x Orc Arrer Boyz
Standard bearer, musician

18x Orc Boyz
Standard bearer, musician, additional hand weapons, big unz

5x Goblin Wolf Riders
Short bows

5x Goblin Wolf Riders
Short bows

5x Goblin Wolf Riders
Short bows

Special
Goblin Wolf Chariot

Orc Boar Chariot

1x Troll

4x Trolls

4x Trolls

Spear Chukka

Spear Chukka

Rare
Doom Diver

Total: 2500pts

Judging from my opponents lists so far I should be able to control the deployment phase, most of them only have 8-9 drops total, so I'll almost get their whole army out only with chaff drops. :D

Magic should also be tight with three mushroom addicts and stealin' gits.

Problem will of course be combat as I lack the really heavy-hitter(ish) stuff, sure I've got some trolls and a few big unz but yeah, I will need to try and choose my combats I think. :D

MLP
10-09-2012, 08:28
I vote 4 wins purely for the amount of goblins you have available to throw at the enemy!

Toshiro
10-09-2012, 11:19
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D

BlackPawl
10-09-2012, 12:33
I think it will be difficult to win all matches because you have no real combat units. I have seen empire armies with 50 helbardiers - with hate from a warrior priest they could break 50 goblins in one round. And it will be difficult to keep all the night goblins in the ld bubble from the general. Without it they are steadfast only on a 5 and that't not great.

Toshiro
10-09-2012, 12:54
Aye, the lack of combat units will be the tough thing to manage, but I do like a challenge :)

especially the opponent that is bringing a 14block of bulls, that one is gonne be dice. there will also be a couple of 2x30 bloodletters and stuff like that flying around. :D

Morax
10-09-2012, 13:20
With out the heavy combat units, you are absolutely right that you will need to pick your combats. With as much chaff and trash drops you will be able to do that against anyone as fast as you or slower. That won't be too many opponents so I went with 2 wins, although I wouldn't be surprised to see you pull out a 3rd win through careful usage of the chaff you have or any special hidden stuff we can't see. I wish you luck at your event though. =)

Toshiro
10-09-2012, 14:51
Thank you Morax. :)

I hope I can use the chaff well, will depend a bit though on the animosity rolls, a wolf unit that is forced to charge a bloodletter unit won't peform many other duties that game. :D

Rudra34
10-09-2012, 15:09
Quick question. You say in the top of the post that this is for a 2400 tourny, yet have a list that sits at 2499. Is this a typo or an oversight?

Toshiro
10-09-2012, 15:34
It is according to the etc rules, ong recieve +100pts. :-)

Toshiro
12-09-2012, 06:17
I played a test game with a friend of mine who will also attend with his daemons and we both used the lists we have planned for the tourney. It ended with an 11-9 in his favour. A couple things learned: Deply chariots lengtwise so they don't block your deployment zone. Don't block up your generals bunker, rather spread a little bit thinner so you can get to where you need. :p

I did have some bad luck though. Out of six spells attemped I got three ones on my mushroom dices :p. My opponents two miscasts only resulted in one wound on a flamer while my only miscast put a wound each on all my shamans (in return for the spell putting one wound on a flamer). :p One of my spearchukkas blew itself up and my doom diver was out of commision for half the game due to misfire. :p And one of my wolf rider units was forced to charge his bloodcrusher champion, that didn't end well. :p

Still, with the dice gods not on my side the army still almost managed a draw, if I don't fudd up the deployments and if the dice gods don't curse me I think things might work out well in the tourney.

Toshiro
14-09-2012, 11:47
I've done some minor updates on the list, tomorow I have another warm-up game, this time against VC and on sunday the tournament is on! :D

Frankly
14-09-2012, 18:27
I voted 4, how could so many NGs ever lose? :)

When is the tounament?

Toshiro
15-09-2012, 21:45
Thanks. the tournament is tomorrow. todays warm up game against vc went very well. won with about 900vps :-)

Toshiro
23-09-2012, 08:01
Finally time for some reports of how it went! :D (been really busy so haven't had time until now)

Game 1 - Against Dwarfs

Overview
Scenario: Battle Line
Date Played: 2012-09-16
First Turn: Orcs & Goblins

Orcs & Goblins
Lords - 298 Points (12%)
Orc Warboss - 123 points
Additional hand weapon, ironcurse icon

Night Goblin Great Shaman - 175 points
Level 4

Heroes - 194 Points (8%)
Orc Big Boss - 94 points
Battle standard bearer, shield, light armour, banner of eternal flame

Night Goblin Shaman - 50 points

Core - 1408 Points (56%)
50x Goblins - 250 points
Standard bearer, musician, shields, short bows, nasty skulkers (3)

49x Night Goblins - 212 points

20x Orc Arrer Boyz - 160 points

18x Orc Boyz - 197 points
Standard bearer, musician, additional hand weapons, big unz, banner of discipline

5x Goblin Wolf Riders - 55 points
Short bows

Short bows

Short bows

Special - 520 Points (21%)
Goblin Wolf Chariot - 50 points

Orc Boar Chariot - 85 points

1x Troll - 35 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Rare - 80 Points (3%)
Doom Diver

Total: 2500 Points

Dwarfs (the list he posted before the tourney, if I get an updated list I'll fix this post up :))
Dwarf Lord
g,w

Thane
bsb

Runesmith

25st Longbeard Rangers
f,c throwing axes, gw

14st Quarrelers
musician, gw

14st Thunderers
musician

14st Thunderers
musician

25st miners
musician, standard

grudge thrower
engineer

Cannon
engineer

Organ gun

Organ gun

Pre-Game Comments
Well, I felt pretty confident in this battle, I had very superior numbers and I got first turn and got begin the shooting battle. My opponent also brought a very soft list, I was a bit worried about going forward though going into his organ guns and getting miners in the rear didn't seem like a nice prospect, I therefore decided to hang back.

Magic
My level 4 rolled: 'Gift of the Spider God', 'Itchy Nuisance', 'Night Shroud' and 'Curse of the Bad Moon'.
My first level 1 rolled: 'Gork'll Fix It'
My second level 1 took: 'Vindictive Glare'

Terrain
On my side there was a building on the left, a hill in the center and an impassable object on the right. On my opponents side there was a hill on my left, a mysterious forest in the center and a building on the right. In the middle of the board was a khemrian quicksand.

Deployment
I deployed from my left to right: Spear chukka in the building, wolf riders, wolf riders, night goblins, wolf chariot, troll, night goblins, spear chukka, trolls, arrer boyz, big uns with characters, night goblins, lvl 4 and level 1, doom diver, night goblins, boar chariot, night goblins, lvl 1 and lastly wolf riders. (Yeah, I pretty much span the entire side, hard to keep stuff within ld range)

My opponent deployed from my left to right: grudge thrower and cannon on the hill, quarrelers, organ gun, organ gun, thunderers with bsb, rangers with dwarf lord, thunderers in building with runelord. His miners stated off field.

Turn 1 – Orcs & Goblins
Stupidity is passed but my arrer boyz fail animosity so my center will remain where it is. My single troll and my left trolls charge his rangers but he has the banner that removes one d6 charge range so I fail with my left trolls but my single troll reaches. Magic is shut down. In shooting my left spear chukka manage to put three wounds on his grudge thrower! But thanks to engineer it is still alive. My second spear chukka fail to wound and my doom diver only rolls one hit on it and fail to wound with it. In combat he fails to wound the troll and I vomit a wound onto his lord. He wins and I break, he restrains and reforms to move away from my trolls after that showing.

Turn 1 – Dwarfs
He keeps moving away his rangers from my lines. His cannon kills my left spear chukka. His grudge thrower kills a few big unz'.

Turn 2 – Orcs & Goblins
Animosity keeps a few of my units locked down again, my left trolls fail stupidity and stumble forward. my troll fail to rally and end up in front of the night goblins. My magic is shut down again (he had thre frickin' speallbreaking runes! :p My shooting fails to wound his grudge thrower again.

Turn 2 – Dwarfs
He reforms his rangers towards my trolls, shooting puts two wounds on my trolls.

Turn 3 – Orcs & Goblins
Finally my units are allowed to move and with my trolls failing stupidity I feel I need to start moving up to keep them safe. My magic again shut down, bloody spellbreaking runes (oh, and I also seem to have an annoying tendancy to roll a one on my mushroom dices which doesn't exactly help). My shooting fail to wound his grudge thrower again lol.

Turn 3 – Dwarfs
He brings his miners in on my left, his cannon blows up but his shooting kills one troll and kills most of my two left wolf rider units.

Turn 4 – Orcs & Goblins
I charge my night goblins into his miners and move my troll and wolf chariot down to charge them next turn. I fail to wound his grudge thrower again but I kill off a few thunderers. I keep moving up to cover my trolls. My last of the left wolves flees of the board.

Turn 4 – Dwarfs
He shoots my wolf chariot dead, he shoots down two trolls and he kills a few goblins and puts two wounds on my spear chukka. In combat his miners break my goblins after they net themselves and he manage to catch them. Panic is passed.

Turn 5 – Orcs & Goblins
My leftmost troll fails stupidity, my left night goblins reform to face his miners, my big unz' reform to comer my rear. I again fail to wound his grudge thrower and my doom diver blows itself up.

Turn 5 – Dwarfs
His miners fail their charge on my spear chukka. His shooting kills takes down my last troll.

Turn 6 – Orcs & Goblins
My night goblins charge his miners in the flank and break and run them down. I still fail to take the last wound of his grudge thrower.

Turn 6 – Dwarfs
He fails to take the last wound of my spear chukka.

Result
Victory for the Dwarfs with 11-9.

Post-Game Comments
Yeah, I definitely could have played that battle better, but between failed animosity, fear of his organ guns and miners my army was kinda deadlocked. Eating a lot of bad mushrooms and his three spellbreaking runes didn't help either. My doom diver blowing up was nullified out by his cannon doing the same so that I can't complain about. Oh well, a minor loss, not a great start but what the heck, just to keep going! :D

Toshiro
23-09-2012, 11:10
Game 2 - Against Ogre Kingdoms

Overview
First Turn: Ogre Kingdoms

Orcs & Goblins
Lords - 298 Points (12%)
Orc Warboss - 123 points

Level 4

Heroes - 194 Points (8%)
Orc Big Boss - 94 points

Core - 1408 Points (56%)
50x Goblins - 250 points

Standard bearer, musician, additional hand weapons, big unz, banner of discipline

Short bows

Short bows

Short bows

1x Troll - 35 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Rare - 80 Points (3%)
Doom Diver

Ogre Kingdoms (the list he posted before the tourney, if I get an updated list I'll fix this post up :))
Lords
Tyrant: Ad.hw
Slaughtermaster: Lvl4, Lore of the Great Maw

Heroes
Bruiser: BSB, Ironfist, HA

Core Units
x14 Ogre Bulls: Full Command
x7 Ogre Bulls: Full Command

Special Units
x8 Maneaters: Full Command, x4 Ad.hw
x7 Leadbelchers

Rare
Ironblaster

2400p

Pre-Game Comments
Well, I certainly had the numbers on my side. My plan was to keep his bulls units away with my wolf riders while focusing my shooting and magic on his maneaters and leadbelchers.

Magic
My level 4 rolled: 'Vindictive Glare', 'Gift of the Spider God', 'Gork'll fix It' and 'Curse of the Bad Moon', I exchanged 'Curse of the Bad Moon' for 'Sneaky Stabbin'.
My first level 1 rolled: 'Curse of the Bad Moon' and exchanged it for 'Sneaky Stabbin'.
My second level 1 rolled: 'Itchy Nuisance'.

His level 4 rolled: 'Toothcracker', 'Braingobbler', 'Trollguts' and 'The Maw'.

Terrain
On my side there was a normal river to the left, a normal forest in the center and then a building with a fence.

On his side there was a normal river and a hill in the center.

in the middle of the table to the right there was a piece of impassable terrain.

Deployment
I deployed from my left to right: Trolls, night goblins with level 1, goblins, night goblins with level 4, troll, big unz' with general and bsb, trolls, arrer boyz, night goblins with level 1, wolf chariot, boar chariot, spear chukka in the building, wolf riders, wolf riders, wolf riders, doom diver, spear chukka.

My opponent deployed from my left to right: Maneaters, leadbelchers with butcher, ironblaster, big bulls block with general and bsb, bulls.

Turn 1 – Ogre Kingdoms
He moves stuff up towards me, magic and shooting kills of a bunch of night goblins and the wolf chariot.

Turn 1 – Orcs & Goblins
Stupidity is passed but animosity see my center and right night goblins squabble so out the door my magic phase goes. I also loose a few night goblins and arrer boyz in the squabble. Shooting kills of one man eater and one leadbelcher.

Turn 2 – Ogre Kingdoms
My wolves hinder his movements so his movement is very limited. Magic and shooting kills bunch more of the night goblins in the center and he blasts my boar chariot.

Turn 2 – Orcs & Goblins
My trolls move up on the left flank followed by the night goblins, single troll move towards the right flank. Shooting and magic blasts one leadbelcher and four maneaters! :D

Turn 3 – Ogre Kingdoms
My wolves keep interfering with his movement, he charge the center night goblins who flee and he fails his charge.

Turn 3 – Orcs & Goblins
My trolls charge his maneaters who flee. Shootnig manages to kill one more of them.

Result
A draw.

Post-Game Comments
I don't know where the time went on this one but we had to cut the game short due to time running out. Felt like my avoidance tactics worked to well, not a single combat fought. Even so my opponent was quite passive as well, he could have moved up more aggressively then he did. Not such a fun game due to very little action.

Toshiro
26-09-2012, 13:12
Game 3 - Against Brettonia

Overview
Scenario: Dawn Attack
First Turn: Orcs & Goblins

Orcs & Goblins

Lords - 298 Points (12%)
Orc Warboss - 123 points

Level 4

Heroes - 194 Points (8%)
Orc Big Boss - 94 points

Core - 1408 Points (56%)
50x Goblins - 250 points

Short bows

Short bows

Short bows

1x Troll - 35 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Rare - 80 Points (3%)
Doom Diver

Brettonia (the list he posted before the tourney, if I get an updated list I'll fix this post up )

Lords
Bretonnian Lord: Virtue Of Empathy, Heavy Armour, Shield

Heroes
Paladin BSB: Grail Vow, Heavy Armour, Barded Warhorse
Damsel Of The Lady: Level: 2, Lore Of Beast

Core
13 Knights Of The Realm: Musiciant, Standard Bearer
13 Knights Of The Realm: Musiciant, Standard Bearer
40 Men-At-Arms: Musiciant, Standard Bearer, Yeoman Warden
20 Peasant Bowmen: Musiciant, Standard Bearer, Braziers
20 Peasant Bowmen: Musiciant, Standard Bearer, Braziers

Special
3 Pegasus Knights
Grail Reliquae With Battle Pilgrims: 18 Extra Pilgrims Total: 30 Pilgrims

Rare
6 Grail Knights: Musiciant, Standard Bearer
Trebuchet

Total: 2400p

Pre-Game Comments
This was the match-up that I had been hoping for, with plenty of trolls to vomit at him, doom divers and spear chukkas and nasty skulkers and stuff I felt that this would be a good game to be an orc! Then we got dawn attack and I had to deploy first, doh, there goes my good match-ups, nothing ended up against what it was supposed to go against. Oh well, that happens! :D

Magic
My level 4 rolled: 'Vindictive Glare', 'Gift of the Spider God', 'Gork'll fix It' and ‘Night Shroud’, I exchanged 'Gork'll fix It' for 'Sneaky Stabbin'.
Both my level ones took 'Sneaky Stabbin'.
His level 2 rolled: 'Transformation of Kadon' and 'The Savage Beast of Horrors', he exchanged 'Transformation of Kadon' for 'Wyssans Wildform'.

Terrain
On my side there was piece of impassable terrain on the right and a hill on the left.

On his side there was forest in the middle.

In the middle of the table there was a tower to the left, a hill in the center and a piece of impassable terrain to the right.

Deployment
I deployed from my left to right: Wolf riders, wolf riders, boar chariot, goblins, night goblins with level 1, trolls, arrer boyz, trolls, night goblins with level 1, big unz with general and bsb, doom diver, wolf chariot, spear chukka, troll, spear chukka and wolf riders. I vanguarded up all of my wolf riders.

My opponent deployed from my left to right: Knights, knights, grail knights with bsb, pegasus knights, men-at-arms with general, damsel, grail relique, bowmen, bowmen and trebuchet.

Turn 1 – Orcs & Goblins
My big unz fail their animostiy and knock around the night goblins next to them and gets knocked around in return, arrer boyz fail animosity. In my magic I manage to cast ‘Vindictive Glare’ on his right bowmen block, killing a bunch of them and panicking them of the table, and panicking the trebuchet in the process. Sweet! :D In shooting my rightmost spear chukka put three wounds on his trebuchet but my other spear chukka and doom diver fail to do anything.

Turn 1 – Brettonia
He moves up his knight blocks in front of my wolf riders and his grail knights move up in the center. His men-at-arms and grail relique move towards my night goblins and arrer boyz while his pegasus knights move to cover his flank. His arrer boyz put a few wounds on my rightmost trolls.

Turn 2 – Orcs & Goblins
My big unz fail animosity again, my arrer boyz fail animosity again. My wolf riders move to delay his knights and my single troll moves up to redirect his blocks. In magic my mages eat bad mushrooms and one level 1 take a wound for his effort. My spear chukkas fail to wound anything and my doom diver misfires and can’t shoot this or next turn.

Turn 2 – Brettonia
His knights charge my wolf riders who flee through the goblins to safety, panic is passed, they try to redirect but fail to reach me. His men-at-arms move up the hill towards my night goblins. His grail relique move towards my arrer boyz, his pegasus knights move to assist his men-at-arms. His bowmen kill my single troll, panic is passed.

Turn 3 – Orcs & Goblins
Animosity is passed; my wolf riders rally and move up to delay his knight again. My rightmost wolf rider unit moves up to redirect his grail relique. My spear chukkas fail to wound again, magic is shut down with the aid of a bad mushroom or two.

Turn 3 – Brettonia
His knights charge my left wolf riders again who flees. His other knights just move up right in front of my other wolf rider unit. His men-at-arms charge my night goblins and his pegasus move up to protect his flank against my trolls and arrer boyz. His shooting kills a few of my rightmost wolf riders. In combat I net him and we kill a few of each other, I lose but hold, his general kills my shaman.

Turn 4 – Orcs & Goblins
My wolf riders in front of my goblins fail animosity and pull the goblins down with them so I can’t prepare for the impending charge. My trolls and arrer boyz charge his pegasus, I fail to do anything to him even with vomiting and he holds. My fleeing wolf riders rally and move up to block his knights again. My other trolls do a long charge into his grail relique to hold them up, they whiff their attacks and promptly gets run down. My doom diver skidmarks and kill a couple big unz.

Turn 4 – Brettonia
His left knight charge my wolves again who this time hold to keep him away from my night goblins flank, he kills them but his overrun fail to reach my night goblins, mission accomplished! His other knights charge my stranded wolf riders and kill them and overrun into my goblins, my skulkers kill one of them and then he smacks me around but I hold. His shooting is uneventful. In combat my trolls and orcs again fail to really do anything he kills a couple orcs, I win he holds. My night goblins and his men-at-arms exchange a few wounds.

Turn 5 – Orcs & Goblins
My trolls do a long charge into his grail relique to hold them up; they whiff their attacks and promptly gets run down. My boar chariot charges the flank of his knights but is made of rubber, I lose and my boar chariot flees of the board but my goblins stick.

Turn 5 – Brettonia
His knights now charge my knight goblins flank and breaks them, his grail relique charge my arrer boyz but no one really does anything to the other. And now my trolls finally decide to kill off his pegasus, to late. Game ends due to time restraints.

Result
Victory to Brettonia with 12-8

Post-Game Comments
Well… kind of feels like not much went right in this battle, I ended up in poor positions, my animosity kept me a bit tied down and bad mushrooms cost me a few magic phases. Still it was a very enjoyable game against a great guy. I’m not doing so hot in the tourney though. :p

Toshiro
01-10-2012, 07:25
Game 4 - Against Ogre Kingdoms

Overview
First Turn: Ogre Kingdoms

Orcs & Goblins

Lords - 298 Points (12%)
Orc Warboss - 123 points

Level 4

Heroes - 194 Points (8%)
Orc Big Boss - 94 points

Core - 1408 Points (56%)
50x Goblins - 250 points

Short bows

Short bows

Short bows

1x Troll - 35 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

4x Trolls - 140 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Spear Chukka - 35 points

Rare - 80 Points (3%)
Doom Diver

Ogre Kingdoms (the list he posted before the tourney, if I get an updated list I'll fix this post up )

Lords
Slaughtermaster
Lvl4, ADHD

Heroes
Bruiser
BSB, heavy armour

FireBelly
Lvl 2

Core
9 Ogres
Adhw, full command

9 Ogres
Adhw, full command

10 Ironguts
Gutlord, Standard

Special
8 Leadbelchers

1 Sabretusk
1 Sabretusk
1 Sabretusk

Rare
Ironblaster

Totalt: 2401

Pre-Game Comments
Well, I went into this one with the basic plan, redirect/delay with the wolves while softening him with magic/shooting and the outflank him and swarm him with superior numbers.

Magic
My level 4 had: 'Vindictive Glare', 'Gift of the Spider God', 'Itchy Nuisance' and ‘Curse of the Bad Moon’.
Both my level ones took 'Sneaky Stabbin'.
I don't remember exactly what his lvl 4 had, think it was +s, +t, stubborn and the panic test.
His level 2 had: 'Fireball' and something that I don't remember.

Terrain
On my side there was a hill on the right, a mysterious forest in the center and a building on the left.

On his side there was a building on my right, a hill in the center and an impassable object on the left.

In the middle of the board was a khemrian quicksand.

Deployment
I deployed from my left to right: Wolf riders, spear chukka in the building, night goblins with a lvl 1, boar chariot, arrer boyz, big unz with general and bsb, trolls, trolls, night goblins with lvl 4, night goblins with lvl 1, goblins, wolf chariot, single troll, doom diver, spear chukka.

My opponent deployed from my left to right: leadbelchers wth firebelly, sabetusk, bulls with slaughtermaster, sabretusk, ironblaster, bulls, sabretusk, ironguts with bsb.

Turn 1 – Ogre Kingdoms
His entire army moves up, his leadbeclhers kill my left wolf riders and his ironblaster reduce my boar chariot to one wound.

Turn 1 – Orcs & Goblins
My boar chariot fails a charge against his bulls, my left spear chukka and my doom diver all fails to kill his leftmost sabretusk (was hoping to force panic checks on his bulls and leadbelchers, lvl 8 without re-roll had ben nice), my right spear chukka however manage to kill his rightmost sabretusk. My night goblins with lvl 4 fail animosity so magic is shut down.

Turn 2 – Ogre Kingdoms
He keeps moving up, his magic and shooting fails to kill of my boar chariot which is very nice.

Turn 2 – Orcs & Goblins
My boar chariot fails it charge again, this time against his ironblaster. Both my wolf rider units fail animosty and are forced to charge his ironguts. They promptly get obliterated, one survive and escapes, he pass his restraint. Shooting and magic is uneventful.

Turn 3 – Ogre Kingdoms
Shooting and magic kills 7 arrer boyz, his ironguts charge and break my single troll, he pursues into a nice position for a counter charge and my trolls escapes, i fail all my panic.

Turn 3 – Orcs & Goblins
My goblisn and night goblins and wolf chariot all charge his ironguts, with the help of poison and sneaky stabbin' I slaughter them and run them down. My trolls charge and catch his sabretusk.

Turn 4 – Ogre Kingdoms
His bulls charge in the rear of my night goblins with level 4 and break and run them down, i pass my panic. His bulls with slaughtermaster charge my arrer boyz who flee, they get charged by the last sabretusk and flee again. They get away from both units.

Turn 4 – Orcs & Goblins
All my units rally. Due to me needing to catch the last train home we end the game early.

Result
10-10

Post-Game Comments
A very fun game. Sure my war machines didn't really perform and I lost a magic phase or two. But being able to slaughter his ironguts with bsb really swung it in my favor and then he swung it right back by taking down my level 4. I really like those kinds of games! :D This opponent is really fun to play against as well.

Toshiro
01-10-2012, 07:37
Tournament Summary
It was very nice to play another tournament. The time constraint was quite tough though and only one game was played for the full 6 turns which was a shame. I didn't really go into it with a definitive goal which I think was a mistake on my part. For the next tournament I'm going to plan my list better and actually make up proper battle plans. I like the etc restrictions and it looks like we'll use them for the club championship in November, which will also have better time as it will be a two-day event. I've already put together another list for it and begun training for it, the progress of that will be showed in another thread though. :)

So, how'd it go? Well, I got 37 points which put me in 7th place out of 10 contestants. Not a very good placing but better then the last tourney where I finished dead last. :D

For the club championship I'm going to aim for top 5 though. :)

The final standing was this:

1st - Orcs & Goblins (Great player, pretty much always wins)
2nd - Skaven (Quite a new player, but well, it IS skaven)
3rd - Daemons of Chaos (Good and seasoned player)
4th - Ogre Kingdoms (My opponent from the 2nd game)
5th - Brettonia (My opponent from the 3rd game)
6th - Ogre Kingdoms (My opponent from the 4th game)
7th - Me
8th - dwarfs (My opponent from the 1st game)
9th - Vampire Counts (Quite a new player, the opponent I played my warm-up game against)
10th - High Elves (New player, only had one or two games under his belt prior to the tourney)

As for my list, it didn't grab very many points, but didn't give very many either. But it is much to dependent on luck for proper tourney play. My new list will be harder and much safer to play with.

I hope you have enjoyed these reports and i hope you'll check out my preparations for the club championship. :)

Happy wargaming to you all! :D