PDA

View Full Version : reforming from victory in FAQ

Jagosaja
10-09-2012, 15:35
Hi! I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

I have noticed in the FAQ for the main rules that the center of the unit performing Reforming from Victory does not have to stay in the same place after the reform.

Does this mean that that it can "slide" if only a couple models were in combat due to an awkward charge (for instance two hordes were fighting but could have only been positioned in such a way that a couple models from each units were fighting, and by reform we move the unit so that all the models are in contact), or it only means not to worry since the center of the unit will naturally be moved if the frontage is increased?

Which leads me to another question. Is the center of the unit a center of the front row or the true center of the unit? I know it sounds silly but I've met people interpreting it either way.

Thanks!

Mr_Rose
10-09-2012, 15:42
The centre is the true centre. There is no reasonable claim that the middle of an arbitrary edge is the centre of anything but a line.

And yes you can slide. You can also expand frontage by moving models from rear ranks to the fighting line and also turn to face a flanker.

gorblud
10-09-2012, 17:43
Though you can't reform so that less models can fight. So if you reform into a wider rank where more models can fight, you can't change it back.

Mr_Rose
10-09-2012, 19:25
Though you can't reform so that less models can fight. So if you reform into a wider rank where more models can fight, you can't change it back.

Unless you first kill enough dudes that the enemy's front line starts shrinking, of course. But you probably should have won the combat outright by that point, so it's not going to come up that often.