PDA

View Full Version : Null Talisman

Durpp
14-09-2012, 21:46
Can you have five Null Talismans on a character for MR(5)?
Sorry if this has been brought up before.
Thanks!

Lord Dan
14-09-2012, 22:09
Strange, I thought that this would be an easy answer. The DE FAQ clarifies only the following about the Null Talisman:

Q. Can only one model in the army have a Null Talisman? (p102)
A. Yes, but he may carry more than one.

and

Page 102 – Null Talisman
Change the second sentence to “Models may carry multiple
Null Talismans, and their effects are cumulative.”

So, as you can see, the item doesn't impose any restrictions. That would mean that the entry for Magic Resistance would need to specify a cap, which I don't see:

...This bonus is based on the number shown in brackets after the Magic Resistance special rule.

Now the heading does say "Magic Resistance 1-3" however the paragraph doesn't explicitly state that it can never go above 3, and merely goes on to list examples for MR(2) and MR(3). Again, unless I'm missing something, I can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to get MR(5).

Durpp
14-09-2012, 23:54
That's the same stuff I was thinking, specifically with there being no set cap on the MR. I know in 7th (or was it 6th?) that there was a definite cap.
On the defense for MR(5) the O&G Mork's war banner has MR(d6) so, between 1-6. I bet a few O&G players would be pissed if that capped at 3 haha

Blkc57
15-09-2012, 07:21
I never read the MR rule as there being a hard cap on it. If the effects are cumulative as you guys quote, then you stack them. Seems pretty straight forward. Whats the hang up? A model with MR 5? Yippee, 2+ ward save against a handful of spells, but it does nothing against the ones you really care about like Dwellers and Purple Sun, and you still take a wound on a roll of 1!

Kalandros
15-09-2012, 08:01
That's the same stuff I was thinking, specifically with there being no set cap on the MR. I know in 7th (or was it 6th?) that there was a definite cap.
On the defense for MR(5) the O&G Mork's war banner has MR(d6) so, between 1-6. I bet a few O&G players would be pissed if that capped at 3 haha

5+ Warpaint save, MR3 is all thats needed.