PDA

View Full Version : Frenzy and Stupidity

Shidensen
15-09-2012, 02:48
Two quick questions for you folks:

If I have a model with both Frenzy and Stupidity (like, say, a Chaos Lord of Khorne with Helm of Many Eyes) do I have to take two Leaderships tests in my Movement phase, first to not stumble for Stupidity and again not to charge for Frenzy?

Also if I put said character in a unit that is not Stupid I still have to test for that stumbling forward move, correct?

Kalandros
15-09-2012, 06:23
First you test for Stupidity - if he fails, the whole unit fails with him - then no charging or anything more this turn
Then if you pass Stupidity, test for Frenzy (unless you want to charge anyway~ )

Blkc57
15-09-2012, 07:08
Stupidity is tested at the beginning of the turn before charges are declared, I believe, and Frenzy is tested after charges are declared but before compulsory movement, again I believe this is the way it works as I don't have my book for the exact wording, but thats how we always played it. So basically since they are different tests taken at different times, yes you should take both of them.

T10
15-09-2012, 08:40
This is mostly correct.

Stupidity requires that the model makes his test at the start of the turn. If the test is failed then the model and his unit cannot declare a charge.

Frenzy requires that the model voluntarilly declares a charge against a freely chosen target, otherwise it must make a test. If the test is failed then the model must declare a charge against the closest enemy unit.

Remember that this, the Berserk Charge part of Frenzy, only kicks in if the model is able to charge: He must have enemies within line of sight, forward arc etc. and also have the opportunity to declare a charge. Failing a Stupidity test will deny him this opportunity.

-T10