PDA

View Full Version : first Try at 1000 points of Vampire Counts.

Draheal
15-09-2012, 12:00
Like the title says its my first attempt and any help / comments are very welcome

LORD:

Master Necromancer:Lvl 4, magic up to 50 points (cant decide yet)

HERO:

Wight King: Shield,

Cairn Wraith:

CORE:

30x Zombies:
musician,standard bearer

30x Zombies:
musician,standard bearer

20x Zombies:
musician,standard bearer

SPECIAL:

Corpse Cart:
Spear,

RARE:

Mortis Engine:
Blasphemous Tome,

= 1000.

tell me what you vets think :)

il be mostely fighting High elfs and dwarfs

SimaoSegunda
15-09-2012, 13:25
I don't see anything in that army, apart from the wight king, that will actually generate much in terms of kills. I would ditch the Mortis Engine and Corpse Cart in favour of some hexwraiths, drop all the musicians and one zombie unit, and get some ghouls in there. And then play around with items.

Those would be my suggestions.

Draheal
15-09-2012, 13:59
thanks for the reply SimaoSegunda, il look in to it

Moss
15-09-2012, 18:54
I don't see anything in that army, apart from the wight king, that will actually generate much in terms of kills. I would ditch the Mortis Engine and Corpse Cart in favour of some hexwraiths, drop all the musicians and one zombie unit, and get some ghouls in there. And then play around with items.

Those would be my suggestions.

Agreed. While you should have a crapload of zombies by the time you get stuck into combat, they're not going to do anything once you get there. It seems the idea is to put a combat hero in a unit of zombies and let him get kills while the zombies give static resolution. The problem is that zombies die so unbelievably fast that they're more a liability than anything. Really, a unit like Saurus/Chaos Warriors/Swordmasters will instantly dissolve even a giant zombie unit, making the hero crumble with it. It wouldn't take long for a basic core unit to do the same. Hexwraiths would be a good pickup. The cart is basically wasted, since you don't have anything worth giving ASF to. I would drop the engine and cart to make room for a unit of Hexwraiths. Maybe drop the number of zombies down a little to reach your minimum core and use all the excess points on some knights or GG (not sure on the actual points values here, I'm on my phone so I can't open up Army Builder)?

Draheal
16-09-2012, 07:42
Thanks Moss< i understand where your comming from and yes that was the plan with the hero's, makeing super zombies as it where but i understand now that it might not work, too bad il make an other list.