PDA

View Full Version : Savage elves of Horros 2400pts

Bladelord
15-09-2012, 16:50
I just got this idea of a stupid High Elf force. Archmage will try to buff the Nobles with Lore of Beasts, what do you think of this madness?:D

Lords:
Archmage, lvl.4 Wizard, Book of Hoeth.

Total: 360pts.

Heroes:
Noble, BSB, additional hand weapon, Armour of Caledor.

Noble, additional hand weapon, Amulet of Light.

Noble, additional hand weapon, Talisman of Loec.

Noble, additional hand weapon, dragon armour, Loremaster's Cloak.

Noble, additional hand weapon, dragon armour.

Total: 562pts.

Core Units:
15 Lothern Sea Guard, shields, Musician.

12 Archers, Musician.

12 Archers, Musician.

11 Archers, Musician.

Total: 600pts.

Special Units:
28 Phoenix Guard, Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Sorcery.

Tiranoc Chariot.

Tiranoc Chariot.

Tiranoc Chariot.

Total: 743pts.

Rare Units:
Great Eagle.

Great Eagle.

Great Eagle.

Total: 150pts.

Total: 2400pts.

How would you play to win with/against this list?

jarbo
15-09-2012, 17:40
sword of anti heros dream lol

But seriously, It's intesting and might be fun in a friendly game. I'd go with GW instead of extra hand weapons just in case savage beast doesnt go off. Are you planning on sticking the lv 4 in the PG too? If not I don't see a solid bunker and hes a major target priority against this list.

tmarichards
15-09-2012, 19:21
For something like this to work best, I think you need it to be mounted so that it can get to where it needs to be quickly. You have a lot of points invested into it, and every turn they're not in combat those points are wasted.

Bladelord
15-09-2012, 20:35
Yep Sword of Anti-Heroes will love this list but that's where the Talisman of Loec dude will try to do the work!:D

I was either thinking of Nobles with additional hand weapons or mounted Nobles but ended up with this one, but mounting them up might be a good idea (no Banner of Sorcery & less bodies though).
When it comes to effectivity I think I just could go for the good ol' infamous Spearelves+Mindrazor/Withering but this is just a hilarious list to try out a couple of times for the laughs
Normally the unit will go 5 wide & yes the Archmage will hide in the 2nd rank.

Rogue Sun
16-09-2012, 04:48
I made a list similar to this a while back, except I mounted all of the nobles and the mage following them on Eagles. Never got to try it out, but the eagles meant I gained 1 wound per Noble and that I could strike whatever I felt like. Plus they added 2 S4 attacks and a stomp, which just made the list even more disgusting.

I came up with (for 2500):
LORDS
Prince
- Great Weapon
- Dragon Armor
- Enchanted Shield
- Great Eagle Mount

Archmage (Lvl 4, Beast Lore)
- Star Lance
- Silver Wand
- Guardian Phoenix
- Great Eagle Mount

HEROES
Noble
- Dragon Armor
- Shield
- Great Weapon
- Great Eagle Mount

Noble
- Dragon Armor
- Shield
- Great Weapon
- Great Eagle Mount

Noble
- Heavy Armor
- Shield
- Great Weapon
- Great Eagle Mount

Noble
- Heavy Armor
- Shield
- Great Weapon
- Great Eagle Mount
- Battle Standard Bearer

Bladelord
16-09-2012, 08:05
Haha I love the idea of using Eagles & the Star Lance on the Archmage is just awesome, no Book of Hoeth means it's much harder to get the spell off each turn though (but no :cheese:).