PDA

View Full Version : 2k for upcoming tournament

KimikoPT
15-09-2012, 19:00
So i have a 2k tournament soon, and this is the draft of the list. Undecided on lvl 2 and Altar, or AL on foot and a lvl4 (lore undecided).
General plan: AL buffs both Halberdier blocks, WM between units split in 2 batteries. Demis run around center or a flank.

1 Arch Lector
General; Heavy Amour
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield

1 War Altar
Horn of Sigismund

1 Battle Wizard
Magic Level 2
Dispel Scroll

1 Captain of the Empire
Full Plate Armor; Shield; Battle Standard
Dragonhelm
Dawn Stone

2x Master Engineer

2x40 Halberdiers
FC
4 Demigryph Knights
Musician

2x Great Cannon

2x Helblaster Volley Gun

1959 points atm.
Let me hear your opinions.

bobthefat
16-09-2012, 00:17
hey, nice to see someone going for helbasters rather than 2 steam tanks. I would probs drop the level 2 and war altar for a level 4 with lore of death but personal preference, i would give the demigryphs the banner of eternal flame to take out the regen stuff. Also, if your set with a combat lord maybe go with a general for hold the line or change his equipment to a great weapon since two S4 attacks won't get far.

just some advice, take it with a pinch of salt =]

-Totenkopf-
16-09-2012, 01:06
Might struggle against some horde armies since you don't really have any chaff so if one of your blocks gets bogged down you could be in trouble..

KimikoPT
16-09-2012, 11:41
What about this:

1 Arch Lector on War Altar
General, Heavy Amour
Talisman of Preservation
Enchanted Shield
Warrior Bane

1 Wizard Lord
Magic Level 3
Dispel Scroll

1 Captain of the Empire
Full Plate Armor; Shield; Battle Standard
Dragonhelm

1 Master Engineer

2x 39 Halberdiers
FC

3 Demigryph Knights
Musician

1 Great Cannon

1 Helstorm Rocket Battery

1 Celestial Hurricanum

1 Steam Tank

General plan, Hurri and Altar parked behind both blocks, Tank and Demis on flanks. Banishment from Altar and other magic (prob going with Fire or Light, maybe Light to buff Banishment from Altar) take care of that pesky skirmishers and WM hunters. Not sure about the Tank, only tried it 1 or 2 times in new edition.
Trying this list today against DE!

Stabby Dave
17-09-2012, 03:18
I really like your list, very similar to my own only I dont use demigryphs. I can see you doing well depending on your play and how careful you are. If you want to win you can surely succeed, if you want to have fun then you definitly can with a list like that. Mainly cause its Empire and Empire's awesome :)