PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of chaos ETC tournament list

Szemi
16-09-2012, 09:19
Hi everyone. In our country i'm partisipating to one of the largest etc tournament with my chaos force and i would like to have some opinions and suggestions how to improve it better with these models that i have. But without longer talks to the list itself.

Sorcerer lord = 355
Lv.4, Charmed shield, Talisman of preservation, Infernal puppet, Lore of Death

Exalted hero = 199
Halberd, Mark of tzeentch, Bsb, Armour of destiny

Exalted hero = 158
Gw, Mark of khorne, Collar of khorne

Exalted hero = 176
Chaos steed, Mark of tzeentch, Dragonhelm, Sword of anti-heroes

20 x Chaos warriors = 390
Fc, Shield, Mark of tzeentch, Rapturous standard

32 x Chaos marauders = 210
Fc, Gw, Mark of khorne

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos knights = 260
Mark of nurgle, Standard bearer, Musician

5 x Chaos knights = 260

Chaos chariot = 120

Hellcannnon = 205

Total: 2393

So that's the list and these models have been left to reserve atm; 12 chaos warriors/ Chosen with Fc, Halberds and shields, Giant and 2 sorcerers. One idea that i had were to included two spawns on the list, but i think i dont have time to make and paint them for the tournament.

Kayosiv
16-09-2012, 09:50
I think you're pretty character heavy. If you took up 2 of those exalted heroes out of the list and beefed up your warriors to 25 and got another unit of knights, I'd be alot more afraid of the list. Alternatively, a giant will give something for your enemy to shoot at and can offer you the high strength hits you'd be losing if you got rid of the characters.

What do you plan on having your characters doing? Because I just don't think a great weapon marauder horde or chaos knights need more punch. Your shield warriors that are marked tzeentch could use some more attacking power, but that can be covered by your BsB alone.

Graxy
16-09-2012, 13:08
In my opinion, exalteds have possilbe 2 uses in competitive builds. Being the BSB or being a disc/SoS harrass character. Otherwise, they're a bit too expensive for something that has too challenge. I'd probably drop the 2 extra ones for spare points.

I'd proably say that the talisman of preservation is better suited for the BSB, since the army depends on him more and ideally, you won't have the sorcerer lord in a position that he's going to be taking damage.

I'd be half tempted to use those spare points from the exalted to buy a level 2 (any/no mark really, all the options are as good as each other) with a scroll and possibly third eye of tzeentch, really as a utility character.

I might try to bulk the marauders up to 40, just to take shots better. I know you're limited modelwise, but making unit fillers for marauders isn't too hard (spawn, dogs, bloodletters, anything!)

I like single larger units of knights, but that's just m personal prefernance. Otherwise looking good mate :)

Out of pure interest, would you mind telling me what the comp is like in Finland?

mo-man
16-09-2012, 18:06
I would have to aggree with the other posts Your warrior unit is too small if you can find the points to make it into 25 or even 30 strong. Also try and make one of your exalted hero's mounted then put him with the knights, then give the banner of rage to one of the units that the exalted hero is going to join. Why have you given your exalted hero a great weapon though it just makes a waste of his high Iniative. I always found a khorne hero on a juggernaut with sword of might and the armour of -1 to hit me works wonders. If you truelly like exalted hero's then why not take the mark of tzeentch on your lord and then just keep on spamming hero's with one of the spells.

Szemi
16-09-2012, 18:24
In my opinion, exalteds have possilbe 2 uses in competitive builds. Being the BSB or being a disc/SoS harrass character. Otherwise, they're a bit too expensive for something that has too challenge. I'd probably drop the 2 extra ones for spare points.

I'd proably say that the talisman of preservation is better suited for the BSB, since the army depends on him more and ideally, you won't have the sorcerer lord in a position that he's going to be taking damage.

I'd be half tempted to use those spare points from the exalted to buy a level 2 (any/no mark really, all the options are as good as each other) with a scroll and possibly third eye of tzeentch, really as a utility character.

I might try to bulk the marauders up to 40, just to take shots better. I know you're limited modelwise, but making unit fillers for marauders isn't too hard (spawn, dogs, bloodletters, anything!)

I like single larger units of knights, but that's just m personal prefernance. Otherwise looking good mate :)

Out of pure interest, would you mind telling me what the comp is like in Finland?

Graxy on this tournament the comp is etc draft 3. I have been attending this tournament for 3 years in a row and this time is fourth one for me. So i'm trying to adapt my list from those that i have used before. I will post the new list here tomorrow when i get it done. It's WIP atm.

20 strong warrior unit is enough and no one has got points from that unit on that tournament before. Bsb will join that unit so it will hold pretty strong. I think my lv.4 mage will join the same unit also. But i look into it when i get that new list done. I will expand marauder unit to 40 and i might take banner of rage to second unit of knights, i have used it before with that unit. Mo-man that tzeentch spell is not good and will give extra points to enemy.

mo-man
16-09-2012, 20:43
my point is it gives you 4 more attacks at str 5 and ws 7 i 6 so not bad. But treason is always a good spell and not to mention infernal gateway which you basically caust it on a 10 so not that hard to cast

Graxy
16-09-2012, 21:02
In my opinion, lore of tzeentch is a fairly meh lore, and really isn't suited on a lvl 4 unless it's a disc harrassment character. The best and most consistent spell with it is pandemonium, and it's really not worth taking a lord level character just for that. Gateway is decent but far too inconsistent. You literally only cast it for the chance to get a unit off the table, which will only happen 1 in 12 times. Treason has it's targets that it will destroy (hello swordsmasters) and those that don't care about it at all. Call to glory is IMO, one of the bottom 5 spells in the game (down there with pendulum and burning head) mainly since you aren't exactly short of high WS, S and I attacks, so it's not really worth wasting 2-3 dice on it espeially for something that has to challenge and gives away a good amount of vp's. Baleful transmogrification is awful, no matter what spin you put on it, you can't justify it. Flickering fire however, is IMO on par with fireball for best magic missile in the game. Low casting value, high potential, #1 spell, awesome!

Szemi
17-09-2012, 13:09
So i made some changes to my list, not much but something. I have 200 points to spare and i made two lists for using those extra points. So i cant deside between these two lists, but i hope i can get to play test them before the tournament. Which one of these list do you think is better? I think that they are both solid and good for the upcoming tournament but let's see which one i will be fielding in there :D

Sorcerer lord = 340
Lv.4, Charmed shield, Talisman of endurance Infernal puppet, Lore of Death

Exalted hero = 194
Halberd, Mark of tzeentch, Bsb, Talisman of preservation

Chaos sorcerer = 190
Lv.2, Mark of tzeentch, Dispel scroll, Third eye of tzeentch

Exalted hero = 196
Chaos steed, Mark of tzeentch, Dragonhelm, Sword of anti-heroes, Stream of corruption

40 x Chaos marauders = 250
Fc, Gw, Mark of khorne

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos knights = 295
Mark of nurgle, Standard bearer, Musician, Banner of rage

5 x Chaos knights = 260

Hellcannnon = 205

Total: 2396

Or this list:

Sorcerer lord = 340
Lv.4, Charmed shield, Talisman of endurance Infernal puppet, Lore of Death

Exalted hero = 219
Halberd, Mark of tzeentch, Bsb, Talisman of preservation, Potion of speed, Stream of corruption

Chaos sorcerer = 190
Lv.2, Mark of tzeentch, Dispel scroll, Third eye of tzeentch

40 x Chaos marauders = 250
Fc, Gw, Mark of khorne

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos knights = 295
Mark of nurgle, Standard bearer, Musician, Banner of rage

5 x Chaos knights = 275
Mark of nurgle, Standard bearer, Musician, Banner of swiftness

Chaos chariot = 150
Mark of khorne

Hellcannnon = 205

Total: 2390

mo-man
17-09-2012, 15:06
Do you know were your gonna put all of your hero's if they are gonna join unit's then that warrior unit is going to get might expensive. I would drop your 2 non bsb hero's and try to get a combat hero in there. but that's just me

Szemi
18-09-2012, 15:16
Do you know were your gonna put all of your hero's if they are gonna join unit's then that warrior unit is going to get might expensive. I would drop your 2 non bsb hero's and try to get a combat hero in there. but that's just me

Sorcerer lord and bsb will be in warriors and little mage will be safe in khorne marauders for start, but will leave before fight. There is also change that if i can get 3 chaos warriors complite i would drop chariot and second unit of knights to get 15 strong warrior unit with halberds, shields, full command and khorne or nurgle mark for that little mage to hide in. Need to think that littlebit furter for change.

mo-man
18-09-2012, 17:08
If you are going to do that I'd suggest mark of nurgle on such a small unit.