PDA

View Full Version : Recent list with PG block and Teclis(3,000pts)

Sinsigel
18-09-2012, 15:45
In the end, I did finish my 3k list centered on Teclis and large PG block.
One obvious worry I had was that the list was short of SM MSUs, which there are only two in my list.

I tried to squeeze in 6 SM unit into list, but then I had to decrease the size of PG block to 25, which I loathed
since my gaming meta is dominated by armies with template weapons(empire, skaven, lizardmen).

Even with their ward save, T3 PG have their own limits and I wanted to make sure they could enter close combat
with at least 4 ranks and some spare models after weathering the storm of templates.

However, I did put up an item which I seldom used before : Crown of Command.
By putting it into a mobile mounted prince, I intend to use him as a tarpit against 1~2 blocks of
cheap WS3 core models with low strength(skavenslaves for instance) should they threaten weak section of my battleline
thus replacing the role of an additional 'road block' SM unit I tried to put before.

While my gaming meta allows Teclis to choose his lore after deployment, shadow and beast seems decent choice for the army
as both lores have good spells to boost mediocre killing power of PG
(Wyssan's Wildform, Mindrazor, withering, savage beast for boosting characters joined to PG unit).

However, I have yet to test the list as I need a bit more PG and LSG models. Feel free to comment.

Lords : 745pts
Teclis
Prince(Great Weapon, Dragon Armour, Barded Elven Steed, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Crown of Command)

Hero : 168pts
Noble(Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix)

Core : 750pts
14 Archers(Standard Bearer, Musician)
42 Lothern Sea Guard(Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame)

Special : 1,037pts
7 Sword Masters of Hoeth(Musician)
6 Sword Masters of Hoeth(Musician)
30 Phoenix Guard(Full Command, Amulet of Light, Banner of Sorcery)
8 Dragon Princes of Caledor(Standard Bearer -Banner of Ellyrion, Musician)

Rare : 300pts
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

Total : 3,000pts

Sinsigel
19-09-2012, 01:28
Below is slightly revised list, after having thought one less DP in a unit and
3 less model in PG block seemed to make no significant difference.

Lords : 745pts
Teclis : 475pts
Prince(Great Weapon, Dragon Armour, Barded Elven Steed, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Endurance, Crown of Command) : 270pts

Hero : 168pts
Noble(Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Guardian Phoenix)
: 168pts

Core : 750pts
14 Archers(Standard Bearer, Musician) : 169pts
42 Lothern Sea Guard(Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame) : 581pts

Special : 1,037pts
6 Sword Masters of Hoeth(Musician) : 96pts
6 Sword Masters of Hoeth(Musician) : 96pts
6 Sword Masters of Hoeth : 90pts
27 Phoenix Guard(Full Command, Amulet of Light, Banner of Sorcery) : 500pts
7 Dragon Princes of Caledor(Standard Bearer -Banner of Ellyrion, Musician)
: 255pts

Rare : 300pts
Repeater Bolt Thrower : 100pts
Repeater Bolt Thrower : 100pts
Great Eagle : 50pts
Great Eagle : 50pts

Total : 3,000pts

MR. GRUMPY
19-09-2012, 13:04
Get the banner of the world dragon, push forward, win games. Assuming Teclis has lore of shadows.

Maybe drop the DP for silver helms and get more PG.. since their only use in this list seem to be to hold stuff up until teclic and the PG can have their say. :P

mo-man
22-09-2012, 18:33
is there really any need to give your noble dragonhelm when he already has dragon armour or is it just for the +1 to his save?