PDA

View Full Version : Orcs and Goblins to the Extreme

Malorian
18-09-2012, 21:40
I have a 2500 point tournament coming up. It has a few comp rules that matter (more core choices than any other section, no duplicate special or rare) but most of it is nothing important to the way I make lists.

For this tournament I'm going troll heavy as I've just painted a large batch of them:

Lvl 4 orc great shaman w/ dispel scroll 225
Night goblin big boss BSB w ld banner 70

40 big un savage orcs w/ extra choppa, banner 450
*40 night goblins w/ hand weapon, shield 120
5 wolf riders w/ shields 55

18 trolls 630
40 black orcs w/ banner, flaming banner 500

10 river trolls 450

So what do you think? Will my opponents cry? Or will this be the first tournament where I see pit of shades in every list...

*Just a note that the night goblins are the bunker, although I'm playing with an idea where I make them larger so I don't need to worry about stuff like 13th plus it doubles as a tarpit.

jarbo
18-09-2012, 21:49
Well minus warp fire throwers, maybe a deathstar with flame banner, or like you said pit of shades I think you have a solid looking list. Basically everything is scary, especially the 40 black orcs. I'd like to see a unit or two more of redirectors, but thats not a deal breaker as everything can hold its own. Do you really own 28 trolls lol?

Malorian
18-09-2012, 22:05
No, I own 37 ;)

18 common, 18 river, and 1 stone troll.

Oogie boogie boss
19-09-2012, 07:35
I feel bad for the lone stone troll. Bet the others pick on him.

Kalandros
19-09-2012, 08:53
I strongly advise against that black orc horde, it does not work - it is not only too fragile but does not put the hurt as much as you'd think - perhaps if you got that reroll to hit spell off, maybe.
I've tried it many times and its just not good enough.

Watch out for TK flaming chariots melting a unit of 10 trolls like its butter :D

Ghremdal
19-09-2012, 09:57
How are the missions handled? Standard BRB, or custom tournament?

The one thing I would worry about is WoC. Pandemonium + Hellcannon can make your bunker flee off the board very easily. Recommend in that matchup (if you get it) put characters in any other unit.

Malorian
19-09-2012, 12:31
I'm a big fan of the black orcs. They have only failed me when I've been way too cocky and aggressive with them. We'll see how they do this time though.

The missions are a mix of standard and custom.

That WoC combo is nasty and I got caught with it a few months ago. If it comes up the shaman will go into the black orcs and the bsb will stand on his own behind the lines (close enough for Look out sir).

Graxy
20-09-2012, 18:19
No, I own 33 ;)

18 common, 18 river, and 1 stone troll.

Doesn't that make 37? Either way, I feel sorry for the stone troll. He's lonely.... and useless.

Regarding the actual list, I ******* love it!

I might be tempted to drop a few blorcs to find points for an orc warboss w/shield, just for the extra point in LD (Yes, 9 with a re-roll is still pretty good, but when 950pts of your army is stupid, you want the best possible LD. Otherwise, perfect!

Malorian
20-09-2012, 19:32
Doesn't that make 37?

Touche...

Fixed :)

Glad you like it. I think it's the strongest list I've ever made for a tournament.

jarbo
20-09-2012, 20:33
I'd like to hear how this list did. Keep us posted.

librisrouge
20-09-2012, 20:50
Yes, please post a report on how this list did. I'd kill to see it in action.

Tambarskjelve
22-09-2012, 10:59
I would hate to meet a list like that, As long as you keep anything flamy from hitting those trolls you will kill or bounce anything that hits them. Everything in your list packs a punch, maybe redirectors might be a problem, but your footprint can be so big it's just to march forward and most of your units will hit something they can kill :P

DragonArmy
23-09-2012, 08:27
I want too see the chariot list please! Trolls are cool, but I am soo excited or chariots!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Juicy21
24-09-2012, 17:56
awsome list~! you got this al painted?

Kalandros
25-09-2012, 07:09
y'know.. I just made a list with .. Lv4 Orc Great Shaman with dispel scroll and NG BSB with +1LD banner to go in my bunker...
But I also had a 120 pt savage orc shamn lv 1 with LSH - I'm thinking the 5+ ward is nice but a tad expensive and I did consider dropping it, but seeing your list now I think I'm definitely dropping it in favor of 120 pts of other stuff! :D

I'm gonna drop my 2 "Squig herd bombs" that I had added just to annoy people and will have enough pts for exactly 6 trolls, dropping to 14 deployment moves instead of 15~..

I wonder if I could squeeze in more trolls (not for a Horde though!)

AM1640
26-09-2012, 16:54
I suspect that most of the people posting here that are saying the single troll is useless or to get rid of the blorc horde have never watched any of your many battle reports. Not only is Malorian using a very solid list he has years of experience playing warhammer and playing this list or at least all of these units. I wonder if this is a ploy that he is using where he posts a list that he says he will be using, only to bring a different list to the tournament to shock other players and win. I predict that you will win 3 of the 4 games ( if that is how many there are), but you will lose 1 game due to bad luck, miscast with loss of shamen, terrain features and mission objectives that don't work out.

Malorian
26-09-2012, 17:14
To answer a few questions:

1. The tournament is October 20th, there are 4 games, and you can bet I'll be posting battle reports.

2. At this point everything is painted except for 1 river troll and I don't even own wolf riders with only shields... so I'll need to jump on that quick.

3. I love the chariot list too however they have just introduced a province wide Grand Tournament and the only way to get in is to win one of the qualifying events. I plan to win this one ;)

4. I'm very happy with all the units in this list and have a lot of practice with all of them. I have only used a double troll horde a couple of times but is was crushing to the opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnFJYNRqA4k

5. I can't play mind games on the internet. It's a risk that someone can build a list to beat mine, but that's what I get for having my own youtube channel.

Kalandros
26-09-2012, 18:02
You seem to lack musicians...
Having the horde of savage orcs run off due to forced pursue/overrun would let you Swift Reform 4" in your chosen direction O:

AM1640
28-09-2012, 19:46
Hey Malorian, do you have any contact info on this tournament. I would like to play.

Harwammer
28-09-2012, 20:28
I think the comp suits your list; no duplicate rare / special means mournfangs, hydras and aboms will be less of a threat to most armies so less people will squeeze PoS or flaming attacks into their lists. A possible exception to this could be empire; they may add it in to make up for the loss of a cannon.

Malorian
30-09-2012, 18:59
Hey Malorian, do you have any contact info on this tournament. I would like to play.

http://edmontononslaught.webs.com/

There are facebook groups as well.