PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2k

Armond
19-09-2012, 06:15
Ok, new to Lizardmen and I want to do something less reliant on magic. Here is what I am thinking. Nothing too magic heavy, but should be fun to play with nonetheless. Thoughts on it?

Saurus Old Blood
-Halberd
-Armor of Destiny
-Venom of the Firefly frog
-Carnosaur

Skink Chief
-Stegadon Warspear
-Stegadon

Skink Priest
-Dispel Scroll
-Ruby Ring of Ruin

30 x Saurus Warriors
-Full Command

25 x Saurus Warriors
-Full Command

10 x Skink Skirmishers
-blowpipes

10 x Skink Skirmishers
-blowpipes

15 x Skink Cohorts
-musician

15 x Skink Cohorts
-musician

1 x Salamander
-3 crew

1 x Salamander
-3 crew

Total: 1999

Kayosiv
19-09-2012, 11:00
Get your Oldblood a great weapon. You WANT the carnosaur to go before him because he will inevitably be stuck in challenges. Virtually all armies characters will go before him anyway. The carnosaurs 4-5 attacks that cause multiple wounds will get you more overkill on average than the Oldblood's 5 strength 6 attacks, even if they aren't as accurate.

Units of 15 skink cohorts strike me as no better than units of 10. I'd split those 2 units into 3 units of 10 each or get then in a unit of 20 and 10 so you have one that can win fights against weak foes. Alternatively you can just save yourself 50 points and take 2 unit of 10.

I'd much rather have an ancient stegadon than an regular one with double impact hits. Use the leftover 70 points plus 50 from skinks to get a Scar-Veteran on foot and add him to that unit of 25 Saurus warriors. He doesn't need more than a few points in equipment and magic items, keep him cheap. If you find yourself with more points to spare, you can even make him the BSB, give him a stubborn crown, or the +1 leadership banner.

Of course, if you really wanted that steg/chief combo, do find the points to upgrade to an ancient stegadon. The blowpipes are vastly superior to the bolt thrower and strength 6 and the higher armor save make all the difference in effectiveness.

Also, your carnisaur is GOING to die. Don't be sad when it does.